Why bother downloading 3DS games digitally?

Coin Heaven

Coin Heaven since '97!
Banned User
You wind up having to pay MORE money because you fast run out of space amd need a new SD card So basically you wind up having to get multiple SD cards so you spend more money only to have to replace one cartridge woth another cartridge and a small easy to lose one at that.

Because people might not want to worry about losing game cards.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer buying the actual game card. The only digital game I have apart from the Zelda GB games is Mario 3D Land and that's only cause it was free with my purchase of the 3DS XL and Luigi's Mansion.

What does a broken 3DS have to do with it why cant you take out the SD card and put it in another one?

I prefer having the actual game cartridge myself. Of course, downloading the game would be a lot easier than having to go out to a store and buy a physical copy, and if a store was sold out you could still download the digital copy.

While I don't prefer it, it's still nice they have it there.

Zero Revolution said:
I prefer having the actual game cartridge myself. Of course, downloading the game would be a lot easier than having to go out to a store and buy a physical copy, and if a store was sold out you could still download the digital copy.

this

and like ch said its only for one 3ds, with a cart you can let a friend borrow it while maybe they'll give you another game to borrow

It mostly depends on the game on my end. I went for the retail copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2, but I went for the eShop download version of Style Savvy: Trendsetters over the retail copy.

Minako Aino said:
Zero Revolution said:

this

and like ch said its only for one 3ds, with a cart you can let a friend borrow it while maybe they'll give you another game to borrow
You can still loan ot to a friend by loaning them the SD card, as long as you dont have any other games saved on there you would like to play in the meantime.

because its easier and more accessible.

Also great when you cant seem to find the physical copy or dont have a ride to begin with.

I rather get the physical copy. Something satisfying about getting the box and putting it in the collection.

Crackin355 said:
I rather get the physical copy. Something satisfying about getting the box and putting it in the collection.

Now i don't have a 3DS but i can contribute to the conversation.

Bascially what Crackin here said, everytime i buy a Ds game, i open it and take the game out, the game cartridge thing goes in a small box with the rest of my games, the game box however i put on a shelf.

Only system i prefer having digital is PC, because it is more useful to be able to uninstall and install any game i own on steam at any time. Plus any computer that is logged into my account can do it.

Well, I'm running lots of Japanese 3DS games, so it's a lot faster and cheaper for me to download games from the eShop, instead of buying Retail.
I still buy certain games Retail, but that's either a main Pokémon RPG, a Mario Kart, New Super Luigi U (because I already have NSMBU Retail), any game that's not released in the eShop, or any game that got leaked before their release dates (like Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Free Record Shop in Eindhoven has leaked it a week before release).

For me it's just easier, cheaper, and saves me the little hassle of carrying game carts around, any time I want to hunt monsters or visit my village I can do it, but I can see why some people prefer physical media, and there's no smell like the one of a new game.

Man who's got time to go to the store really :rolleyes: + gas is more expensive than games man check for yourself at the gas station if you don't believe me that shit's like 4 bucks sometimes.

Uniju, depending on the amount of Litres, that's pretty cheap, actually.
For 10 Euros, I can hardly reach the 6 Litres, and in order to get 10 Litres, I have to pay at least 18 Euros.
10 Euros = 13,35 USD.
18 Euros = 24 USD.

MKGirlism said:
For 10 Euros, I can hardly reach the 6 Litres, and in order to get 10 Litres, I have to pay at least 18 Euros.
10 Euros = 13,35 USD.
18 Euros = 24 USD.

could that post be any more european

Maybe, I didn't talk about the crisis the bureaucrats in Brussels (Belgium) are creating, the fact we must pay for bankrupt countries (even if nobody wants to and/or nobody cares about the said countries), and more and more emigrants coming to us every single hour yet.

MKGirlism said:
10 Euros = 13,35 USD.
18 Euros = 24 USD.
Gas is even more expensive in the Netherlands so there's a reason why you should always buy digital downloads. :yoshi:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/where-gas-prices-are-highest
Netherlands is ranked #5, in terms of most expensive Gas, while America: #50.

you most also put in the value that unijew makes so uh yeah.

Back