Anybody else find it odd Luigi can't jump in both Luigi's Mansion game?

He can jump while sucking in ghosts in Dark Moon.

I don't think jumping works well in a Luigi's Mansion game

MCS said:
I always wondered about that. I mean, you never have a use for jumping in game (obviously), but I wonder why they made it so you can't jump. Strange.

Maybe Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon should be like Legend of Zelda, where there isn't a jump button, but you can hop across platforms automatically.

Kingfawful4321 said:
I didn't find it odd, i thought it was cool.

You could have edited you previous post rather than double post.

Anyway, the main reason why you can't jump is because he's a got a huge vacuum on his back. You try and jump around some time with a vacuum on your back some time.

Crackin355 said:
No. The games work well enough without it and it wouldn't suit it. The game isn't a platformer.
^this

NSY said:
Crackin355 said:
No. The games work well enough without it and it wouldn't suit it. The game isn't a platformer.
^this

I didn't say it was a platformer in the first place. I didn't even imply it.

Your post came after my post, so it's natural to assume you're replying to me.

Well honestly it would just be weird if you actually WERE able to jump. The games are not platformers, so it probably wouldn't make much sense anyway. Also, you already mentioned some things in the game wouldn't work with the abilty to jump.

The main reason I wondered this is because I control Luigi, a plumber who jumps particularly high. It's like a game where you control without jumping. Besides, just because it's a platformer doesn't mean everybody's second favorite plumber should be unable to jump. Surely they could have done something to prevent sequence breaking via jump.

But my main point is this. Take it from a different perspective other than,"The game wouldn't work without jumping", or,"It's not a platformer". Wouldn't you feel weird if you were a happy jumper very capable of jumping quite high(for human standards) and suddenly were unable to jump? Wouldn't you feel weird if people on the internet said you can't jump just because your adventure is not a platformer? :diddy:

Mario Party X said:
Your post came after my post, so it's natural to assume you're replying to me.

I usually quote the posts I reply too but if that's all then it doesn't matter.

Back