What is so bad about the CDi games?

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
I never have played them before, all I have seen is youtube poops with their cutscenes as source material. I do see that the CDi games have very terrible voice actors and cutscene animation but is there anything else that make these games even worse?

I am mostly concerning this question toward the Zelda CDi games and Hotel Mario.

they were made for the cdi.

You should watch gameplay of these CD-i games such as that Zelda one so you have an idea how awful these could be

Mostly, they get vitriol for the custcenes, due to the sheer weirdness of seeing beloved characters get so throughously mangled. Other CDi games like Mutant Rampage are similarly strange and "bad", but they don't get anywhere as much attention since they don't butcher preexisting properties.

Very few peoples have played the actual games, and the concensus among those that do is that Hotel Mario is a mediocre and repetitive but completely functional game, while the Zeldas are more problematic but the two Animation Magic games have their defenders (not than that either links do a very good job at that, mind you).

The Flowers of Robert Mapplethrope is the best game ever.

Back