Disney Infinity

What do you think about it?

• This game looks fun!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I might get it.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I might get it for a small child (my little siblings, cousins etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This is for little kids.

• Lame! I wouldn't get this for myself or anyone.

• Total voters

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
There was already a thread for this but it can be considered dead at this point.

Anyway, am I the only one who is embarrassed to say that I want this game? It seems fun, even for older gamers like me. It reminds me of Roblox which is was a fun game. It seems to me that disney is trying to improve the toy box mode that was in toy story 3 but make it more flexible. I personally liked the toy box mode from that game so I might get this game. I just don't know how I should approach my parents about it. Especially if I end up wanting more characters (action figures). I am guessing that for the Wii U version the action figures will be using that thing at the lower left of the Wii U gamepad.

Now, discuss the game.

Meh, I don't like Skylander's styled games. Not everyone wants to spend more dough on figurines you can use only for a select number of games.

I hate Skylanders with a burning passion. I don't think I would like this at all. Of course, my classic spyro love, DOES come into play......

New Super Mario said:
I hate Skylanders with a burning passion. I don't think I would like this at all. Of course, my classic spyro love, DOES come into play......
Do you not like Skylanders because of something with the game itself or because of all the figures that you have to buy?

Though from my experiences, you don't necessarily need that many, especially if you're only trying to reach the end.

So you have a hatred for these style of games because Spryo now uses that style.

Ok...

Time Turner said:
New Super Mario said:
Do you not like Skylanders because of something with the game itself or because of all the figures that you have to buy?

from what i've seen, i think he just hates it because it's nothing like a spyro game. and he's right, it isn't really a spyro game, it just has spyro tacked on as a marketing gimmick. of course, that's not a good reason to hate it the way he seems to.

anyway, disney infinity. i think it probably has more potential than skylanders, mostly because they have a bunch of characters that they can use, and basically all the characters have established personalities, as opposed to skylanders where they made up a bunch of random characters that have basically zero personality.

i probably won't get it, though. i have other things that have higher priority.

Let me add on to that. The characters also have their own special abilities which gives a reason to buy them and there are even going to be other playsets in the future and lets not mention the power discs. This game may be gimmicky, but it's more ambitious and creative than skylanders. This game to me seems like Super Smash Bros meets E-Reader and ROBLOX.

I'm getting it just because of Wreck-It Ralph... and the potential that other Disney characters will join the mix.

The fact that Perry the Platypus is there makes me think some Gravity Falls characters might enter the scene!

Back