Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
I'm gonna swing by Best Buy tomorrow to grab an eshop card and get the DLC. I kinda splurged on Hyrule Warriors DLC, which was well worth it.

Well good, the only thing I ever play is 8-player smash so if it's not 8 player smash compatible, then it's not worth purchasing

I'm so glad the duck hunt stage was ported over for free, it's fun on the Wii U version but having the score display take up a quarter of the screen on the 3DS version is annoying as hell

at least they included the wrecking crew retro medley

The balances that came in this patch were quite interesting. Luigi's d-thow no longer links into everything ever (rip double fair), Ganon's nair became hella sweet (over 20% damage both hits sweetspotted and links from d-throw), and one of Robin's victory animations has a minor new detail (uh, neat i guess). Getup attacks were nerfed (except Junior's and Sonic's, which recieved buffs), and HOLY BANANAS SHIELDSTUN WAS PRETTY MUCH DOUBLED.

Bought the stages and the Toad and Viridi costumes

The Toad outfit is gr8 because the vest changes colour with your Mii's favourite colour, there needs to be more DLC outfits like that imo. Viridi's Mii outfit is probably one of the best, but it makes me wish there was a Mage mii fighter or something, Viridi could've been the better Kid Icarus clone we all didn't want D:

The Mario Maker stage is one of my favourite stages. So cool and that music is HNNNGGGG
I'm also glad Pirate ship is back as well. should've been in the game from the start

speaking of DLC:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3n6v3h/smash_3ds_has_been_data_mined/

Confirms they've increased the number of unused character slots from 2 to 3, and 6 empty stage slots (which means 3 stages because of Omega forms)

the ballot ends tomorrow btw so don't forget to vote Dr. Luigi for smash :luigi:

Hoping for K. Rool, Inklings, and Shovel Knight.

also
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1119400

It's the Great Pumpkin said:
The balances that came in this patch were quite interesting. Luigi's d-thow no longer links into everything ever (rip double fair), Ganon's nair became hella sweet (over 20% damage both hits sweetspotted and links from d-throw), and one of Robin's victory animations has a minor new detail (uh, neat i guess). Getup attacks were nerfed (except Junior's and Sonic's, which recieved buffs), and HOLY BANANAS SHIELDSTUN WAS PRETTY MUCH DOUBLED.
- Luigi lost a KO setup and D-Throw can't combo at 80-90% but I still think his grab is deadly lol. Esp. on heavies/fast fallers, as shown here.
- The getup attack nerf is odd but I guess it kinda makes sense considering those do so much shield damage

The shieldstun is obv the most interesting one though (and so you get an additional 3 frames of shield stun with this patch). Turns out there's more shieldstun than Melee. o.o
This is esp. beneficial for multi-hitting moves.

Smash 4 old formula: Damage Output/2.56
Smash 4 new formula: Damage/1.8 + 3
Melee formula: (Damage + 4.45)/2.235

Now let's say a 12% move hit a shield (I just picked this number randomly lol, but I'd say a good amount of aerials fall around here in damage output )...

Before in Smash 4: 4.68
Now in Smash 4: 9.6
In Melee: 7.3

I'm gonna assume the frames would get rounded down? But yeah... Looks like the case.

I'M SCARED OF PEACH AND YOSHI DAIR NOW LOL

On another note this patch gave Diddy a glitch and people are banning him for now lol

Diddy was top tier, nerfed, and now he's god tier

Really liking this patch, actually.

Changes to characters were pretty disappointing but the shieldstun thing makes everything fresh because of how it changes SSB4's dynamics.

GalacticPetey said:
It seems that with each update, the game is getting gradually less defensive. I like this trend.
Me too.

They reduced the duration of rolls and air dodge by one frame as well, and I hope it gets more punishable as well.

I really hope that they patch out so that you can't air dodge when you're tumbling mid-air. I really hate that I can't do aerial follow-ups like I could do in Melee or Project M.

Back