Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Paper airplane is my idea. I even made a graphic for it at one point.

Fawful said:
Paper Mario wouldn't necessarily be classified as a Mario character. He could be a "Paper Mario" character instead

(and as for the Paper Mario content having the Mario symbol, Waluigi had a different symbol in early footage and that was changed. It could be changed for Paper Mario content via a patch as well)

Just no. Its not going to bloody happen. There are enough Mario characters in smash. We don't need anymore. Ever.

Franchise representation in Smash aside, I think that Paper Mario would have a really fun and unique moveset. I'm in full support.

I personally think we have too many Mario reps, but if Paper Mario does get in, I wouldn't really be upset and ask for him to be cut.

I agree that Mario has a TON of reps. However, that being said, as long as a newcomer has something unique to bring to the table, I'd love to have them in Smash regardless of what franchise they represent.

I'd also love if we got Rayman, Isaac, Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Inkling, Captain Toad, or Ridley (yeah, I know, never gonna happen) as DLC.

RareMan7 said:
I agree that Mario has a TON of reps. However, that being said, as long as a newcomer has something unique to bring to the table, I'd love to have them in Smash regardless of what franchise they represent.
I guess, but as long as there aren't way too many because that would be a pain.

Mcmadness said:
Fawful said:
Paper Mario wouldn't necessarily be classified as a Mario character. He could be a "Paper Mario" character instead

(and as for the Paper Mario content having the Mario symbol, Waluigi had a different symbol in early footage and that was changed. It could be changed for Paper Mario content via a patch as well)

Just no. Its not going to bloody happen. There are enough Mario characters in smash. We don't need anymore. Ever.
We just need Toad and we shouldn't need another Mario character for a while.
RareMan7 said:

I'd also love if we got Rayman, Isaac, Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Inkling, Captain Toad, or Ridley (yeah, I know, never gonna happen) as DLC.

Mario Party X said:
We just need Toad and we shouldn't need another Mario character for a while.
I'd prefer if that... creature stayed under Peach's dress where he belongs.

...That sounds totally gross but I don't have a better way to word it so there.

Too bad he has a far likelier chance than Paper Mario to be playable

Yeah, I don't feel the Mario series cast is complete in Smash without Toad in there in some capacity (And I mean by any capacity of him being actual playable. Not one of Peach's moves)

Anything else whether it's Paper Mario, Waluigi, whatever else could represent Mario. Just feels like extra. Even if overall I like some of these characters over Toad. Toad is long overdue.

I've said before in when I was explaining character chances in another thread. Fans who want Toad playable in Smash have to be one of the most frustrated fans by now. Because Toad has literally every requirement possible to be in Smash yet he remains overlooked.

RareMan7 said:

Um, let's save some for the next game.

Captain Toad is about the only other character I'd accept at this point.

After that I'm done with Mario additions.

She can be an alt. Or amusingly, what happens when Peach gets a metal box.

Fawful said:
I think Paper Mario should be a DLC newcomer, along with a Wii U stage based entirely on the console titles. I think one of the dumbest decisions in this game was the fact that they decided to give Paper Mario a stage, and base it mostly on the odd handheld game out of a mostly console series. Paper Mario is known for its console titles, so why not make a Wii U stage based on them?

As for the 3DS version, I'd like to see stage DLC for the Mario & Luigi series.

So it was one of the dumbest decisions that they actually added a Paper Mario-themed stage when there wasn't one in any of the previous three, and actually had a portion of the stage reflect one of the best titles in the series?

Wally said:
So it was one of the dumbest decisions that they actually added a Paper Mario-themed stage when there wasn't one in any of the previous three, and actually had a portion of the stage reflect one of the best titles in the series?
Don't get me wrong, it's a step in the right direction.

But Paper Mario is a console series with just one odd handheld game. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to make the stage on the 3DS version when they could've put it on the Wii U version with four sections one for each game? Three/fourths would be from console games thus justifying it being on the Wii U version. But they had to dominate it with the one handheld game and the worst in the series, I was glad for the TTYD section but the other two games got completely shafted.

At the very least it should've equally represented the series, especially since only four sections isn't too much to ask for. No game should've had more than one section, much less the worst game in the series.

Fawful said:
Paper airplane is my idea. I even made a graphic for it at one point.
Hammer. Represents all four games as well as the other five RPGs. It also has appearances in other Mario games and is considered Mario's most iconic weapon aside from power-ups.

I actually like the stage as a whole. While the Bowser's Castle section can be a pain with certain characters, the other two sections are fantastic.

Paper Mario 64 should have gotten more for sure.

Sticker Star got two sections in the Paper Mario stage, and all the Paper Mario trophies in the 3DS game.

Super Paper Mario got all but two of the Paper Mario trophies in the Wii U version and a mention in Blooper's trophy.

The Thousand Year Door got a section in the Paper Mario stage and a Wii U trophy in Goombella.

Paper Mario got Lil Oinks, and it didn't even appear in the Paper Mario trophy box.

^Yoshi Kid was also a trophy.

But I agree that PM64 should've had more representation. I'd have put in maybe General Guy or Tubba Blubba as a trophy, or even Bowser with the Star Rod. The Whale could've been a trophy in the 3DS version considering it was in the TTYD section of the stage. This also goes for the Blooper and the SS Flavion itself.

Fawful said:
Wally said:
Don't get me wrong, it's a step in the right direction.

But Paper Mario is a console series with just one odd handheld game. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to make the stage on the 3DS version when they could've put it on the Wii U version with four sections one for each game? Three/fourths would be from console games thus justifying it being on the Wii U version. But they had to dominate it with the one handheld game and the worst in the series, I was glad for the TTYD section but the other two games got completely shafted.

At the very least it should've equally represented the series, especially since only four sections isn't too much to ask for. No game should've had more than one section, much less the worst game in the series.

Well, let's see...

PM:SS, as much as most of hate it, was the latest installment that was put on a handheld, and the fact that the game was mostly highlighting games made between 2008-2014, PM:SS was going to naturally get a lot of the spotlight. And it did, having gotten 2 out of the 3 sections of the stage (the TTYD was obviously just fanservice) and the list of trophies. I mean, we already had enough Mario stages as there was on the Wii U version (granted, we didn't need retro Mario Circuit, but even had that changed that, it probably would have been a different retro Mario stage), did the need for a stage that was already on the 3DS version warrant an appearance on the Wii U?

They shouldn't have to be treated equally; since if we want to talk about being treated equally, we can talk about the other Mario series like M&L and Mario Party that get barely anything from the Smash series. I mean, they literally added a Paper Mario stage, and the main you do about it is complain that it wasn't at the standard you wanted. Like really now, this is Smash; I don't think that Sakurai is overly worried about one of the MANY other series he wants to represent, as well as focusing more of the Mario rep on more of the main money-sellers (Mario platformers and Mario Kart), and him not making it just as you dream it would have been doesn't mean that there was anything wrong with the decision or that it was a bad choice.

Of course, you're probably upset that the majority of Mario music tracks weren't from the RPG, and that Paper Mario or Fawful aren't in Smash...

Mario and Luigi should have gotten a 3DS stage and Paper Mario should've gotten a Wii U stage with equal representation (each game getting a section).

Back