Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
ah yes today i've made a sadistic stage via stage builder.

So...Ness kind of breaks Master Fortress. He has a great long range attack that can be controlled (especially useful for Core Heart #3) and the Plasma Wisps gives him infinite health thanks to PSI magnet. I suggest people having trouble with Master Fortress use Ness and maybe some equipment because it helps. Just be wary of the Stalfos because those shits reflect your PSI attacks. Was able to beat the Classic without losing a life.....too bad it was 8.5 intensity. :-[

I have intensity 8.0 cleared with Rosalina and Lucina, and got the first Master Fortress CD. So now that leaves me with one more character that I need to use if I want that second Master Fortress CD.

Unlike with Rosalina, however, I had to redo intensity 8.0 a couple times with Lucina, as in one run, I got a game over on stage 4, while on another, Master Giant took out my first life, and I lost my second to Master Shadow.

On my successful run, I still ran into some monkey wrenches, which included mistiming Counter for one of Master Edges's attacks, and I was at a dangerous damage percentage when I was reaching Master Fortress's final weak point.

I'm just curious, does anyone here have/know anyone who has/is in a group of friends who has every single amiibo among them that was released in the first wave?

santanoice said:
GalacticPetey said:
Some masochist completed every challenge without hammers.

zlCfzSuk1dIny5y3d6

*bleep*in'

nope

I couldn't even complete intensity 9.0 in Smash 3DS without losing any lives. Whoever designed those hard challenges had to be quite sadistic, as not even Brawl had that many absurd challenges. Even Smash 3DS's challenges were tolerable to complete.

Yeah, these are the worst challenges. I'm completely fine with grindy ones like "Complete Classic and All-Star with all characters", but don't give me bullshit specific requirements like "Complete Classic on 7.0 with all characters" and "Complete All-star with everyone on Hard". What's worse is that there's so many bullshit repeats. There's KO 8 Miis in Cruel Smash and another one with KO 8 Miis in Cruel Smash as Lucina. Then there's All-star on normal without healing and All-star on normal without healing as captain falcon, KO your rival 3 times in Rival Smash as diddy and then there's KO your rival 4 times.

And fuck character specific challenges, especially those with time limits (looking at those fucking 6-minute All-Stars as Jigglypuff and Shulk and 9.0 Classic under 12 minutes as Marth, all three are characters I suck with).

The "Complete x with all characters" challenges are fine for me because I'm that kind of person who NEEDS ALL TROPHIES

I hate the challenges in Wii U though.

Gamefreak75 said:
What's worse is that there's so many bullshit repeats. [blah blah]
Most egregious example for me is the 1640ft-1656ft and then the same challenge but as ROB. At least it's worth it to do those because it nets you the Dr. Light trophy.

Gamefreak75 said:
Yeah, these are the worst challenges. I'm completely fine with grindy ones like "Complete Classic and All-Star with all characters", but don't give me bull*bleep* specific requirements like "Complete Classic on 7.0 with all characters" and "Complete All-star with everyone on Hard".

Yeah I can understand completing Classic and All-Star with everyone, but NOT when you're required to do this on a hard skill level. Some fighters are just very pathetic for the harder skill levels.

Gamefreak75 said:
What's worse is that there's so many bull*bleep* repeats. There's KO 8 Miis in Cruel Smash and another one with KO 8 Miis in Cruel Smash as Lucina. Then there's All-star on normal without healing and All-star on normal without healing as captain falcon, KO your rival 3 times in Rival Smash as diddy and then there's KO your rival 4 times.

I'd be fine with the repeats if you can kill two or more birds with one stone. For an example, if you clear intensity 9.0, all the lower intensity challenges would be completed as well, as long as they don't have any extra conditions that have to be accomplished.

Gamefreak75 said:
And *bleep* character specific challenges, especially those with time limits (looking at those *bleep*ing 6-minute All-Stars as Jigglypuff and Shulk and 9.0 Classic under 12 minutes as Marth, all three are characters I suck with).

Shulk's challenge isn't too hard, but Jigglypuff's is another story, as it lacks the reach that Shulk's Monado has. As for Marth's challenge, I had a hard enough time trying to complete intensity 8.0 with Lucina. I can't see how I can clear intensity 9.0 within 12 minutes with a fighter who has to rely on his sword's tip to deal the most damage.

Pyro said:
The "Complete x with all characters" challenges are fine for me because I'm that kind of person who NEEDS ALL TROPHIES

meh i hate "complete this stadium mode (target blast, home-run contest) with all characters" alongside. it's just miserable.

just two-stocked master core on wii u

in 7.0 ;_;

i actually got to master fortress on 8.0, but i got danger zone'd

i got a marth amiibo as a christmas present
he's pretty cool but im already worried about him eventually getting good enough that i wont be able to beat him anymore

Hanayo Koizumi said:
i got a marth amiibo as a christmas present
he's pretty cool but im already worried about him eventually getting good enough that i wont be able to beat him anymore
Then just get better.

Easier said than done lol they're useful training tools I assume

yeah, level 50 amiibos are freakin hard to beat

so, i attempted classic 9.0 today as bowser

i got to master core on 9.0, but then lost to master fortress three times and beat it on 7.5

god those danger zones are annoying, you can barely even see them most of the time

Nysice said:
so, i attempted classic 9.0 today as bowser

i got to master core on 9.0, but then lost to master fortress three times and beat it on 7.5

god those danger zones are annoying, you can barely even see them most of the time

Ironically, the danger zones are almost impossible to miss. You simply need to avoid coming into contact with any surfaces that are colored yellow (those are the acid walls), but I guess that's easier to pull off for someone who's more mobile, such as Rosalina, Lucina, or Yoshi. Still, at least one player that I've been acquainted with recently has managed to pull it off with Ganondorf and Bowser, but only on intensity 8.0.

Anyway, I was fortunate to defeat Master Fortress twice (first time as Rosalina, and the second time as Lucina) on intensity 8.0 without losing any lives, though it has been Master Core's previous forms that have been responsible for wiping out my first life.

On a side note, you only face Master Fortress if the intensity is set to 8.0 or higher, so if the intensity drops to 7.5 by a game over, you won't be encountering Master Fortress anymore.

santanoice said:
Beat Master Fortress on 8 and got nothing.

I feel robbed.

You have to complete Solo Classic on intensity 8.0 with two characters to get the first Master Fortress CD. You then have to do it with one more character to get the second Master Fortress CD.

Can't believe I actually successed Classic on 9.0 intensity with no customized Palutena. Bad I did not manage to not lose a single life though.

wait, how can they fit 8 players into something like great cave offensive yet still make it extremely limited in others? makes no sense to me. i mean they can easily make 8 players on any stage (castle siege is a shining example of a small stage fitting 8 players)

“It was a thing I considered when thinking about the follow-up for the first Smash,” Sakurai noted. Sadly, “it was more than impossible” based on technical performance. This time around, it was “achieved just barely. In 8-Player Smash, the stage selection is limited, stage gimmics are changed [no bosses for example] and so on.”

Bullshit

Back