Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Robin said:
Zae Eildus said:
If that's the case, I don't think it has too much of an effect because I did really, really well with Rosalina once and only got one special out of six custom parts.

dude it took me like 4 smash runs just to get two of luigi's custom specials.

So yeah just keep trying, it takes forever, but it could be worth it.

Although some of the custom specials really suck, especially peach's.
That's what I'll be doing because completionist nature.

It definitely won't be enjoyable, but it'll be nice to have them all regardless of how good they are.

I guess i was more disappointed, as peach has been my best since melee and i was expecting some good custom specials, since quite a few characters have some pretty good ones.

Lucky you too, robin has good custom specials, id probably know more about them though if i didnt blow so much with robin. But from what ive seen robin so far has some good specials.

Died my first time beating the Core.

I tried.

Don't feel bad, master core is probably the hardest thing in the game, well fairly anyway, not that DUR HUR BEAT 100 MAN WITH ALL CHARACTERS and crap, but yeah master core ain't easy if you want my opinion.

Solution for all your Master Core problems: Use Zelda and spam fair.

Ya know i thought of that, but man it just sounds so cheap. Plus i got close to peach him with peach with some healing equips.

Might do the whole zelda thing anyway but one day i swear im gonna kick its ass with peach.

GalacticPetey said:
R.O.B. said:
I did that one because I raged and used my last golden hammer on the 4 KOs in Cruel Smash one
That one's easy. Just spam counter with ike.

That does not work. You have to resort to Kirby's Inhale, as the CPU is very smart with knowing which frames Counter will be useless on; I tried with Shulk and could only get 3 KOs with the Counter method.

Robin said:
R.O.B. said:
Solution for all your Master Core problems: Use Zelda and spam fair.

Per this, though bair also works.

The main challenge is just getting to Master Core with Zelda. I can do it on intensity level 9.0 with Rosalina, but I'm not so confident with the other fighters.

Koopalings-75m.jpg

D-d-did Lemmy hit adolescence in this picture?

The main challenge is just getting to Master Core with Zelda. I can do it on intensity level 9.0 with Rosalina, but I'm not so confident with the other fighters.

Well the main thing you wanna do with zelda is

[approaches]
-Mid jumping and use forward air
-use side b in place or while mid jumping(be careful however as this can lead you open should they roll towards you)
-regular dash attack(you can also dash and use up smash if they mid jump or just in the air, can work with opponents that roll as well but its a bit tricky)
-Dashing and stopping to use other attacks, such as neutral b to reflect projectiles(dont recommend it while mid jumping)
-Dash rolls
-mid jump dodging

[close range]
-Down smash will be useful for low and high percentages(works against rolling foes and foes that are behind you)
-you can use down normal at higher percentages to possibly get a combo going with side smash or mid jumping forward air
-mid jump neutral air can usually hit on both sides, but doing it can be tricky, forward air and back air also work but its much harder to do correctly.

[Coming down while airborne]
-there is the common way of just using a speed drop while dodging, but there are other ways such as speed dropping to the left or right and using one of the side airs, also her down air can be pretty deadly if hitting with the right spots. If you have faroes wind, its really easy to come down, just make sure you dont let yourself be too open for faster falling foes such as fox and captain falcon.

[edge guarding]
-Using side b is your best bet. As the default version can go in any direction, although if memory serves din's flare only goes horizontal directions, however it has a lot of freaking knock back power, ive even ko'd foes at 90% damage with it WHEN they're close to the edge of the platform(or a stage that has a platform).
-Being a few feet away from the edge while a player is grabbing on a ledge can be useful, this is a good opportunity to use zeldas side smash as it lasts a bit, has great damage, and pretty good launch effectiveness.
-If a character decides to grab the ledge and roll or goes to the air and tries to hit you, zeldas up smash is key, as it lasts a while, does a lot of damage, and can launch foes pretty easily and as you can guess from my previous message, it can hit rolling opponents too, unless they're really small like olimar.

-end-

Those are my stragedies anyway, practice those against a level 9 and see how you do, then challenge classic mode.

? Block said:
Koopalings-75m.jpg

The size of the Koopalings are quite off, thanks to the fact that they're simply Bowser Jr.'s palette swaps. In truth, only Lemmy is shorter than Bowser Jr..

Zae Eildus said:

Well the main thing you wanna do with zelda is

[approaches]
-Mid jumping and use forward air
-use side b in place or while mid jumping(be careful however as this can lead you open should they roll towards you)
-regular dash attack(you can also dash and use up smash if they mid jump or just in the air, can work with opponents that roll as well but its a bit tricky)
-Dashing and stopping to use other attacks, such as neutral b to reflect projectiles(dont recommend it while mid jumping)
-Dash rolls
-mid jump dodging

[close range]
-Down smash will be useful for low and high percentages(works against rolling foes and foes that are behind you)
-you can use down normal at higher percentages to possibly get a combo going with side smash or mid jumping forward air
-mid jump neutral air can usually hit on both sides, but doing it can be tricky, forward air and back air also work but its much harder to do correctly.

[Coming down while airborne]
-there is the common way of just using a speed drop while dodging, but there are other ways such as speed dropping to the left or right and using one of the side airs, also her down air can be pretty deadly if hitting with the right spots. If you have faroes wind, its really easy to come down, just make sure you dont let yourself be too open for faster falling foes such as fox and captain falcon.

[edge guarding]
-Using side b is your best bet. As the default version can go in any direction, although if memory serves din's flare only goes horizontal directions, however it has a lot of freaking knock back power, ive even ko'd foes at 90% damage with it WHEN they're close to the edge of the platform(or a stage that has a platform).
-Being a few feet away from the edge while a player is grabbing on a ledge can be useful, this is a good opportunity to use zeldas side smash as it lasts a bit, has great damage, and pretty good launch effectiveness.
-If a character decides to grab the ledge and roll or goes to the air and tries to hit you, zeldas up smash is key, as it lasts a while, does a lot of damage, and can launch foes pretty easily and as you can guess from my previous message, it can hit rolling opponents too, unless they're really small like olimar.

-end-

Those are my stragedies anyway, practice those against a level 9 and see how you do, then challenge classic mode.

I've already completed intensity level 9.0, so there's really no reason for me to play it again.

I've already completed intensity level 9.0, so there's really no reason for me to play it again.

Well i really left it there for anyone that has trouble getting to the master core on 9.0.

So yeah.

? Block said:
Koopalings-75m.jpg

figurines arent always accurate

perhaps the in-universe company that makes the figurines just said "fuck it use the same model people wont care"

Zae Eildus said:
Well i really left it there for anyone that has trouble getting to the master core on 9.0.

So yeah.

Me, I just used Rosalina, and stayed on the easiest routes for the first four stages; for stage 5, I may take a harder route if it means getting the Fighting Mii Team as your opponent. I did have to utilize custom equipment while doing this though, but at least the Luma does help with the approach options.

Pic of the day. Stamina-based, Mega-sized with the Bunny Hood, Back Shield with Reflect, Lightweight, Slow, Angled Smash.
zlCfzSl6i2ka1IxA8u

Nothing new. The only change to special smash to the one in brawl is that there are more body options.

Managed to beat 9.0 with Diddy Kong as well, so that makes three. His smash attacks really hurt, honestly. And the air ones are fabulous against the Master Sword Blades, to the point I got through the first phase untouched (past the human phase with 0%) and to the Master Clone with an untouched stock.

Zae Eildus said:
Robin said:
Zae Eildus said:
If that's the case, I don't think it has too much of an effect because I did really, really well with Rosalina once and only got one special out of six custom parts.

It definitely won't be enjoyable, but it'll be nice to have them all regardless of how good they are.

I guess i was more disappointed, as peach has been my best since melee and i was expecting some good custom specials, since quite a few characters have some pretty good ones.

Lucky you too, robin has good custom specials, id probably know more about them though if i didnt blow so much with robin. But from what ive seen robin so far has some good specials.
I haven't seen much of Peach's specials (only have like three), though the Heavy Veggie looks good at least. Robin has some interesting ones, though the only ones I care for are Arcfire+ and Soaring Elwind (though I'm sick of getting that instead of the final Up B in literally everything). Mario's ones are meh at best, and Shulk's Decisive Monado Arts and Power Vision are all that interest me.

You could try facing my Robin if you want to get good with him though, Gutseh kinda managed to from watching me use him all the time.

Robin said:
Managed to beat 9.0 with Diddy Kong as well, so that makes three. His smash attacks really hurt, honestly. And the air ones are fabulous against the Master Sword Blades, to the point I got through the first phase untouched (past the human phase with 0%) and to the Master Clone with an untouched stock.

Zae Eildus said:
Robin said:
Zae Eildus said:

I haven't seen much of Peach's specials (only have like three), though the Heavy Veggie looks good at least. Robin has some interesting ones, though the only ones I care for are Arcfire+ and Soaring Elwind (though I'm sick of getting that instead of the final Up B in literally everything). Mario's ones are meh at best, and Shulk's Decisive Monado Arts and Power Vision are all that interest me.

You could try facing my Robin if you want to get good with him though, Gutseh kinda managed to from watching me use him all the time.

heavy veggie would be good if it didnt only go 5 inches.

Seriously the vast majority of peachs custom specials bloooow and yeah marios kinda suck too.

and i kinda just gave up on robin after a level 9 mario beat the living shit out of me, which is sad.

Just did 9.0 with Peach, that forward air is amazing against the sword phase.

Zae Eildus said:

Seriously the vast majority of peachs custom specials bloooow and yeah marios kinda suck too.

and i kinda just gave up on robin after a level 9 mario beat the living *bleep* out of me, which is sad.
Yeah, though if you can catch your foes with it I expect the results to be brilliant.

Robin just takes some practice, Mario's just really brutal in this game because of all the buffs he seemed to get.

Robin said:
Just did 9.0 with Peach, that forward air is amazing against the sword phase.

Zae Eildus said:

and i kinda just gave up on robin after a level 9 mario beat the living *bleep* out of me, which is sad.
Yeah, though if you can catch your foes with it I expect the results to be brilliant.

Robin just takes some practice, Mario's just really brutal in this game because of all the buffs he seemed to get.

it really doesnt, its slow, has little range and the launch power is very laughable.

Honestly the regular veggie and the light veggie are far superior, at least in viability anyway.

And quite frankly, mario isnt even the hardest cpu player, that probably belongs to lucina/marth, or ganondorf.

>shame in being beaten by a level 9

>I'm over here ecstatic on the rare occasion I actually manage to beat one

well if it makes you feel any better im a freak of nature when it comes to fighting games, or at least i adapt very quickly.

....besides my top 5 make all level 9's look like jokes.

Zae Eildus said:
Robin said:
Zae Eildus said:

it really doesnt, its slow, has little range and the launch power is very laughable.

Honestly the regular veggie and the light veggie are far superior, at least in viability anyway.

And quite frankly, mario isnt even the hardest cpu player, that probably belongs to lucina/marth, or ganondorf.
Oh wow, that is disappointing then.

Though to be honest, I haven't faced many of the non-demo CPUs so I probably wouldn't know about that anyway.

King Antasma said:
>shame in being beaten by a level 9

>I'm over here ecstatic on the rare occasion I actually manage to beat one

Beat them again. They deserve it.

Stargazing said:
I BEAT MASTER CORE FOR THE FIRST TIME

I'M SCREAMING I DID IT

Good. Now look forward to trying to beat Master Core on 9.0 Intensity whenever you get the last page of challenges ;)

Northern Verve said:
Stargazing said:

I'M SCREAMING I DID IT

Good. Now look forward to trying to beat Master Core on 9.0 Intensity whenever you get the last page of challenges ;)
Nah, I'm Golden Hammering that shit. 5.1 was hard enough, and I started with its Sword phase.

Stargazing said:
Northern Verve said:
Stargazing said:

I'M SCREAMING I DID IT

Nah, I'm Golden Hammering that shit. 5.1 was hard enough, and I started with its Sword phase.

I have some bad news for you. Beating Classic at 9.0 is the one challenge you absolutely CANNOT Golden Hammer (It has a crossed out sign when you have the hammer out on the third page) so yeah...

Back