• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
DaKid said:
Brawl was completely, 100%, able to be played competitively. Melee fans just didn't want to adjust for the most part, sure things played somewhat differently but there is a thing called adapting. Which I did, I honestly hated competitive play in Melee, it was tedious and got boring real fast.
it was able to be played competitively, but Melee and Brawl play differently and the metagames evolved into different things. Melee rewards offense, Brawl rewards defense. People who like Melee for its speed hate Brawl, that's natural because Brawl is a slower paced game. It's a simple difference in taste that stops Melee players from playing Brawl. They are both played very differently, if you try and say they aren't then I'm not going to listen to you because you're simply wrong. I'm not going to attempt to reason with a brick wall.

Crocodile Dippy said:
BMB, you seriously need to find your chill. Every time I come into this thread, I see you immediately jumping on any slight criticism or personal grievance anyone has about Smash Bros. or Sakurai. It's ok, the games don't have to be perfect for you to enjoy them.

and I still find it quaint how people think they know more about Smash Bros. than GalacticPetey, because you totally don't.

I definitely don't think I know more about Smash than GP. If I come off that way, I'm sorry. But that doesn't mean that I have to like or agree with everything GP says about Smash, just because he knows more about it. BTW, I do do research on these sorts of things, so while I'm not that qualified to spur out things, it's not like I don't know a thing or two about Smash.

And maybe I have been a bit quick about the judgments about what people say about Sakurai, but I don't think it's right to take out their anger on some guy they don't even know instead of the game itself. Critic the game all you want for having shortcomings - but Smash 3DS definitely has a lot of them (and it's not like I haven't stated many of them already) - and decisions the development team made but it's really frustrating when they take out their anger on the person and literally say "fuck you" that made it for not making the game exactly how they want it.

Maybe you're just coming in at the wrong times, cause while I do whine a lot, it's not like every post I post in here is me complaining or throwing a counter-argument. :P

Anser said:
supermariofan said:
I think a better question is: What would Mewtwo sound like? Unless they're gonna be lazy and record his Melee voice

I wouldn't have a single bit of a problem if they did that, because I really liked that voice. Sure, it might be lazy of them but that would be a million times better than having him sound like a female like in his last movie. I would like some new voice acting, but sadly that can't come from his voice actor from Melee because he died.
Nic Cage as Mewtwo!
Or Robert Redford, he should've voiced him in the movie in fact

Maki Nishikino said:
DaKid said:
Brawl was completely, 100%, able to be played competitively. Melee fans just didn't want to adjust for the most part, sure things played somewhat differently but there is a thing called adapting. Which I did, I honestly hated competitive play in Melee, it was tedious and got boring real fast.
it was able to be played competitively, but Melee and Brawl play differently and the metagames evolved into different things. Melee rewards offense, Brawl rewards defense. People who like Melee for its speed hate Brawl, that's natural because Brawl is a slower paced game. It's a simple difference in taste that stops Melee players from playing Brawl. They are both played very differently, if you try and say they aren't then I'm not going to listen to you because you're simply wrong. I'm not going to attempt to reason with a brick wall.

I clearly stated that they played differently. Please, tell me in what way was Brawl played only defensively? Because I played as offensively as I did in Melee.

DaKid said:
Maki Nishikino said:
DaKid said:

I clearly stated that they played differently. Please, tell me in what way was Brawl played only defensively? Because I played as offensively as I did in Melee.
You said that they play somewhat differently so I covered my bases before you decided to shit on me for 'not reading'. The first match in this should show you how top players play and how defensively you have to play. You may think they're being too defensive but ask yourself, how did they reach this point? By playing defensively as they are. It's easy enough to say you will be on the offense but actually pulling it off without being punished is incredibly difficult and a top player will not let you go unpunished unless they slip up somehow. M2K spent the first match walling out Nakat and Nakat spent it trying to bait M2K into a situation where he can land an infinite. Every hit counted, but the only character in this game that can sort of 'combo' is Meta Knight, Nakat had to play hit and run which is a defensive playstyle.

edit: Also I never said 'only defensively', I said it rewards defense. Even if you play offensively, I doubt you even take it even a fraction as seriously as the top players do.

Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. The color variations for Shulk are all based off outfit colors of his travel companions…excluding one of them. Lucina's color variations are also based off the female characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.

zlCfzSlsxaADLyAUvH

And he doesn't even bother showcasing Lucina's. C'mon...

I agree completely with what GP said even though I enjoy using items and stages with hazards (as long as there not too extreme). In summary, people play Melee because it's more suited to competition play and the rules are only strict because they don't want elements of luck getting in the players way. Skill should be rewarded in competitive play and walk offs do not provide that.

Gamefreak75 said:
Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. The color variations for Shulk are all based off outfit colors of his travel companions…excluding one of them. Lucina's color variations are also based off the female characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.

zlCfzSlsxaADLyAUvH
I've actually thought this for a while.

2nd - I actually don't know this one
3rd - Dunban
4th - Reyn
5th - Sharla
6th - Melia
7th - Riki

Robin said:
Gamefreak75 said:
Sakurai said:

zlCfzSlsxaADLyAUvH

3rd - Dunban
4th - Reyn
5th - Sharla
6th - Melia
7th - Riki
Those are all correct with 2 being a character that is apparently spoilers for the game.

There's an update available for Smash 3DS. Not sure what it does but I'll find out after it downloads.

Maki Nishikino said:
Robin said:
Gamefreak75 said:
Sakurai said:

zlCfzSlsxaADLyAUvH

3rd - Dunban
4th - Reyn
5th - Sharla
6th - Melia
7th - Riki
Those are all correct with 2 being a character that is apparently spoilers for the game.
Had a feeling I couldn't have known that one.

ThreeThousand said:
There's an update available for Smash 3DS. Not sure what it does but I'll find out after it downloads.
It apparently fixed a few bugs, nothing too noticeable.

Even when lag isn't too bad, sometimes I'll just forfeit by SDing so that I can change to a partner with a good connection.

Northern Verve said:
Robin said:
Northern Verve said:
I've almost gotten all the Custom Moves in the Game. I just have to get Dr. Mario and Dark Pit's now xP
What is your secret?

The RNG for them doesn't want me to ever get new ones.

Lots of Free Time + Dozens, dozens, and dozens of Smash Run xP

EDIT: As a side note, it helps to use all the characters to get their Custom Moves. Because while it is possible to get other characters Custom Moves when using someone else. You're more likely to get that character's Custom Moves when you collect the Wrench bags in Smash Run. It's not guaranteed as even if you do really well they could give you the Moves you already have and/or Equipment. But it does help to use every single character in collecting Custom Moves. If you need help going through Smash Run with slower characters. Boost up their speed with Equipment.

Yeah, using a character by no means guarantees you customs; I've been using Robin in Classic Mode a ton and in a couple of Smash Runs and am still missing his third Up B. It really just boils down to luck in the long run, which is what makes this tedious.

Also pfft, everyone's saying Smash Run's the best mode for getting customs. I don't like the mode (*cough*Ornes*cough*) nearly as much as I originally did so it'll be a pain, but I'll work with it. That said though, I generally slap on Attack considering the character's rougher edges will be fixed from defeating enough enemies, so it doesn't really matter past the first few minutes especially when you're wrecking everything that breathes.

Back