Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

I'm actually really glad that you can break that stick because I know that even myself would probably be complaining having to jump over that thing when it's fully built.

GalacticPetey said:
Dat stage is BANNED

It's funny because it's like all these stages, even the one I just posted the video to in this post, were stages that seeemed to be "safe" or "counterpick" but now aren't. I mean, even the Kalos Pokemon League Stage has walk-offs on the water version and still an unknown role of Rayquaza.

Sakurai prolly thought that having omega versions of every stage is his freebie to make all stages extra gimmicky

not that i have a problem with it, in fact i like having funnier stages.

I think that each of these gimmicks/quirks to the stages actually better represent the games they are in.

I mean, the Pikmin building and carrying objects to make bridges/that glass thing (just like in Pikmin 3), Mario Galaxy having the added gravity thing where you fly at an angle if you are more on the sides, etc. etc.

Freakworld said:
Sakurai prolly thought that having omega versions of every stage is his freebie to make all stages extra gimmicky
Oh I hope not.

So the competitive stage list is lloking like this.

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege (possibly counter pick)
Town and City
Smashville
Miiverse (maybe)

Counter-Pick:
Delfino Plaza
Woolly World (maybe)
Congo Jungle
Skyloft
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pilotwings (maybe)
Wuhu Island

Banned:
Everything else.

The legality of a lot of these stages may be determined by how good certain characters are. Some stages were banned in Brawl because they gave some characters like Meta Knight an absurd advantage.

I can imagine Little Mac having a massive advantage on stages which have walkoffs. (for example Wii Fit Studio)

Fox's voice is unforgivably bad. Out of all the reused sound clips Sakurai used from Brawl with characters, you chose to change Fox's and Falco's. They lack any personality, do not match the character designs (Which are based off Assault and Command), and are preformed horribly. "LANDMASTER" *Carl voice from Johnny Bravo*

I never thought something such as a voice can completely strip a character from being badass and cool. There's no way in the sound recording studio that they could think that those voices sounded good, unless it was full of deaf people. I hope they just patch in their brawl voices.

DaKid said:
Fox's voice is unforgivably bad. Out of all the reused sound clips Sakurai used from Brawl with characters, you chose to change Fox's and Falco's. They lack any personality, do not match the character designs (Which are based off Assault and Command), and are preformed horribly. "LANDMASTER" *Carl voice from Johnny Bravo*

I never thought something such as a voice can completely strip a character from being badass and cool. There's no way in the sound recording studio that they could think that those voices sounded good, unless it was full of deaf people. I hope they just patch in their brawl voices.

Believe it or not Fox's is his voice from Star Fox 64 who came back to voice Fox again in the remake Star Fox 64 3D (As in he redid the lines and everything)

I thought Fox sounded pretty alright in Star Fox 64, but sheesh what happened to his voice since then? I think Fox's best voice was the Assault voicework, as is most of the Star Fox characters I like their Assault Voices most.

Northern Verve said:
DaKid said:

Believe it or not Fox's is his voice from Star Fox 64 who came back to voice Fox again in the remake Star Fox 64 3D (As in he redid the lines and everything)

I thought Fox sounded pretty alright in Star Fox 64, but sheesh what happened to his voice since then? I think Fox's best voice was the Assault voicework, as is most of the Star Fox characters I like their Assault Voices most.

I know, but they should have took into consideration the design and look of Fox and Falco in this game to gauge if their voices would work. Just because a person did the voice for a character before doesn't mean their voice fits with every incarnation of that character. It's like slapping Jaleel White's voice on Sonic with his current design. It would look and sound off.

The Assault voices were perfect and had personality, now I'm suppose to hear these voices on an Assault stage with their secret taunts? Fuck me.

I actually got timed out by one player and brought to sudden death. I was wondering why he was running away. What a prick, I still beat him since I just shield grabbed him in sudden death after he dash attacked.

I loathe sudden death, I don't even feel like playing anymore.

I freaking hate sudden death too. That's why from the way I set up my games, that crap never occurs.

GalacticPetey said:
Freakworld said:
Oh I hope not.

So the competitive stage list is lloking like this.

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege (possibly counter pick)
Town and City
Smashville
Miiverse (maybe)

Counter-Pick:
Delfino Plaza
Woolly World (maybe)
Congo Jungle
Skyloft
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pilotwings (maybe)
Wuhu Island

Banned:
Everything else.

The legality of a lot of these stages may be determined by how good certain characters are. Some stages were banned in Brawl because they gave some characters like Meta Knight an absurd advantage.
There's a whole thread about this, you know! Anyway, I originally thought that Mario Galaxy might be a counterpick, but the large size might be enough to get it banned. The gravity may also mess up some projectiles and the stage has walk-offs that are enhanced by the heavy focus of knocking opponents toward them. Now that I think about it, it was very dumb of me to think that it might be a counterpick.

Either way, 15 stages (7 starters, 8 counterpicks) is a huge improvement over the 5 starters plus counterpicks in the 3DS version. Also, take a look at this:

(turn your volume up)

Did you hear?

GalacticPetey said:
Freakworld said:
Oh I hope not.
That's my thought process in this, strangely enough.

I've already gotten used to Fox and Falco's voices, honestly. I still prefer their Brawl voices definitely, but their new ones don't bother me at this point.

Fox and Falco's voice don't bother me. But maybe they're on par as Bowser, Diddy Kong, and Donkey Kong's awful voices... no, they're not as bad as those three.

I'm not bothered by Bowser and DK either, and I honestly like Diddy's voice.

Back