• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
MnSG said:
I came across some rather interesting information, regarding Rosalina's height. We all know how tall Ganondorf is, but apparently, Rosalina is actually slightly taller than him, or at least that's what the image below is suggesting.

height_chart_by_krakelak-d7emmzk.png

Source: http://krakelak.deviantart.com/art/Height-Chart-447834080

So Rosalina is actually... 2.29 meters?

O_O

Cirdec said:
MnSG said:
I came across some rather interesting information, regarding Rosalina's height. We all know how tall Ganondorf is, but apparently, Rosalina is actually slightly taller than him, or at least that's what the image below is suggesting.

O_O

That height measurement is as wrong as Game Theroy's accussion that Wario would be 3 metres high.

Tcs7YQj.jpg

^this is more accurate.

Cirdec said:

O_O

If anyone is too lazy to check the source, here's the description that the image owner inputted...

krakelak said:
So today ultra-charge asked me where I got Rosalina's height of 7'06" from. Here is my answer.

...It turns out that I actually underestimated her height by like an inch...(?)

The models are taken from Super Mario Galaxy. The models are exactly as they are in the game and have not been adjusted at all.

The top chart was my initial idea of how tall the characters are. I used Mario as the reference. I egregiously thought that Mario's height was 5'00" exactly instead of 5'01" like it actually is. Then I proceeded to compare the characters' heights just by the numbers of squares tall they are. In the end,

Mario: 15 squares, 5'00" (60in)
Luigi: 16 squares, 5'04" (64 in)
NPC Luigi: 17 squares, 5'08" (68 in)
Peach: 17.5 squares, 5'10" (70 in)
Rosalina: 22.5 squares, 7'06" (90 in)

(Note: I will still use these heights for my comics and stuff.)

The bottom chart is their ACTUAL heights, with Mario ACCURATELY being 5'01". Using the awesome powers of MATH, that makes Luigi about 5'05", NPC Luigi about 5'10", Peach about 6'01", and Rosalina about 7'07".

Either way, Little Mac is pissed.

Sorry for my crappy handwriting.

Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Rosalina, and Little Mac are © Nintendo.

P.S. I actually like the fact that Rosalina is really tall. One of my favorite character traits about her is that she's authoritative. Making her tall emphasizes that characteristic. I'm going to be honest with you, it irks me when people (i.e. 95% of fanartists) underestimate Rosalina's height because it mitigates that characteristic. If you do it, fine, but like I said before in another deviation, "you will never see me draw Rosalina as a height less than seven feet tall. Ever."

P.S.S. For those of you who can't read my godawful writing in the top chart, it says:

- Hey Mario's like 5'00" or something right - He's 15 squares tall here - So each square is 4 inches??? -
- Luigi's like a square taller! - That makes him 5'04" or something -
- NPC Luigi's like 17 squares tall - He's 5'08" - Why are there two Luigis I mean srsly -
- Peach is... I dunno, 17.5 squares tall? - So she's like 5'10" - Seems right -
- Wtf Rosalina - You're like 22.5 freakin squares tall - That's like 50% taller than Mario - That's like 7'06" - That's like a million feet or something -

P.S.S.S. I like pie. (REFERENCES!)

olimar is, what, an inch tall?

all the characters in smash bros will be scaled to playable heights

except for ridley

ridley will never be playable

Contra(dictory) said:
olimar is, what, an inch tall?

all the characters in smash bros will be scaled to playable heights

except for ridley

ridley will never be playable

The thing about all of this is that what I showed is supposed to point out how pointless it is to bring up size arguments when debating about character inclusions. I mean, Ganondorf is actually 7' 6" in the Zelda titles, but he got into Melee and Brawl.

Here's a special stage exclusive to the 3DS version, Balloon Fight!! The stage loops on the left and right sides so you can walk off one side and appear on the other.

sounds pretty neat to say the least, i wonder if ill enjoy it or not though.

Yeah, I'd wish they stopped using shitty lava or acid stages for Metroid stages. We have like 6 of them, except for Frigate Orpheon, which isn't much better.

We need Sanctuary Fortress or Torvus Bog.

ernesth100 said:
Anything important lately?

Well, besides, the daily pics of basically what we saw in the last trailer, no.

But there was like 3 months of smash stuff all covered in that trailer, so I wouldn't expect to see any major announcements for another...week or so probably.

We got a total of 5 characters this month. I'm not expecting any characters really. Next month though would be a good time to show Wario though because of Mario Kart 8. And then it will be June which means E3 time.

Northern Verve said:
We got a total of 5 characters this month. I'm not expecting any characters really. Next month though would be a good time to show Wario though because of Mario Kart 8. And then it will be June which means E3 time.

Well, we should also note how there were no character reveals in March, so technically 5 characters revealed in 2 months, so they could throw another veteran confirmation by the end of this month.

Back