New Super Luigi U

I'm not saying the dlc was bad but if nintendo wanted to give us a challenge, I suggest they try again. As for Pendulum castle, yes that was difficult and and quite memorable, but not as hard as TUBULAR

I just hope that this game isn't as hard as with Donkey Kong Country Returns's Mirror Mode. That just spells murder on your life supply, especially against Colonel Pluck.

Meh, New Super Mario Bros. will never reach the difficulty level of DKCR

Baby Luigi said:
Meh, New Super Mario Bros. will never reach the difficulty level of DKCR

Let's hope not, or this game will hit the shelf just like DKCR, most likely not though.

MnSG said:
I just hope that this game isn't as hard as with Donkey Kong Country Returns's Mirror Mode. That just spells murder on your life supply, especially against Colonel Pluck.
I actually wouldn't mind if NSLU had that level of difficulty.

Yeah looking at it so far, it looks like an apology to fans for making their games too easy.

I will get NSMBU eventually.

Looks like we will be getting this dlc sometime in april or may. Could even be after the virtual console is launched for wii u.

LuigiToadscare.jpg

Luigi: Only 100 seconds per level in my New Super Luigi U?!
Toad: Now that's scarier than any ghost you've fought!

Fawful said:
Interesting... Maybe in multiplayer, we get Luigi, Toad, Wario and Waluigi. That would work if they really wanted Mario left out.

There isn't going to be a multiplayer. Only Luigi.

100 seconds and the way some of the stages are designed don't really suit a multiplayer environment anyway...

I thought about this and I think this DLC kinda defeats the whole purpose of it being a multiplayer-aimed game.

It's going to be a separate game! Here's the box art.

Box_-_New_Super_Luigi_U.png

Nabbit as a playable character. Yeah.

Lakituthequick said:
It surprised me. Well, he has some interesting abilities.

Yeah, it surprised me as well. But I find it cool that they included him as a playable character.

Lord Spongeful said:
Interesting... Maybe in multiplayer, we get Luigi, Toad, Wario and Waluigi. That would work if they really wanted Mario left out.
There is a dilemma. We've asking adding other main characters in SMB, but this time only Luigi can be featured. If adding main characters that haven't been recent SMB games, they would just take the spotlight from Luigi, ending in Luigi playable in New Wario Land. I'm not sure about Nabbit (generic or not), but putting him(?) does avoid the problem.

Lord Spongeful said:
Once again, toads instead of Wario Bros.
While Wario bros have own games, I thought Toad himself is the victim in the first place. Toadette being the second.

YoshiKong said:
It's going to be a separate game!
I'm not sure if it means they open a new storyline different from silly SMB formulas. Just like the Luigi's Mansion 2 case.

A separate game, sold for full price hmm

Nintendo, are you fucking serious, that's not even funny, I had enough of the fucking New Super Mario Bros series, having another one is just ridiculous, I want to see another 3D Mario game and we get this, it's fucking stupid, I mean, I wouldn't mind it being sold for 1/4 of the price, but this is just pure laziness, I want NSMBU but not this, does it have to be the same game. Okay New Super Mario Bros 2 was okay even though it was too similar and Mario bros U actually looks worthwhile and good but really Nintendo.

I mean this is the first time I am really angry at Nintendo, I managed to stay fine for NSMB2 (which wasn't too bad by the way) and DKCR2 but this is just stupid and lazy.

I'm sure Nabber will agree with me totally here.

Yeah but they are selling it for a horrible price.

Really 40 bucks Nintendo, I would say 10/15 would be good for this DLC.

I thought it was DLC, and the stand-alone version was intented for those who don't have the game and want to buy it with the DLC.

Back