Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

i'm the only one that likes starlow and dreambert

I remember hating Stuffwell, and seething with purposefully overacted rage whenever he'd appear. But it's been, like, a decade (or... more?) since I played the game so I really don't remember why I hated him in particular... Maybe it was because he seemed like he was just a game mechanic, rather than a real character - unlike Starlow and Dreambert who are part of the narrative too. Or maybe I just had less tolerance for tutorials n' stuff back then, who knows?

Walkazo said:
I remember hating Stuffwell, and seething with purposefully overacted rage whenever he'd appear. But it's been, like, a decade (or... more?) since I played the game so I really don't remember why I hated him in particular... Maybe it was because he seemed like he was just a game mechanic, rather than a real character - unlike Starlow and Dreambert who are part of the narrative too. Or maybe I just had less tolerance for tutorials n' stuff back then, who knows?

The game first came out in America in 2005 (Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time), so it hasn't even been a decade yet...

This is the only M&L game where I maxed out the timer. 99:59 and beyond is my play time.

Mind you, I spent a lot of time looking for dialogue and on the Mad Skillathon.

Speaking of minigames, Dream Team has much more bearable minigames than BIS, which had those Bowser special attack minigames that I spent ages on and never did complete. Even the Mario and Luigi ones were pretty boring and tedious, and don't get me started about that one mandatory nose one. >.>

With Dream Team, they actually feel fun and aren't nearly as bad to the point I can't proceed in the story because they're that frustrating.

But Starlow didn't have a use. She would only circle you in an annoying fashion, with that horrible tingling noise... Much like Navi, I think.

Iggy Koopa Jr said:
But Starlow didn't have a use. She would only circle you in an annoying fashion, with that horrible tingling noise... Much like Navi, I think.

They have a purpose. They make you want to play the game more because you'll want to find a way to kill them.

Iggy Koopa Jr said:
Why are the two only acceptable partners Fi and Midna?

I thought Fi (or Fy or Phai or whatever) was pretty lame, except for maybe the end of the game.

Iggy Koopa Jr said:
In BIS she did a couple plot-related things.

Starlow sadly didn't do much but partake in a few tutorials.

Why is everyone complaining about Starlow? She doesn't even follow you into the Dream World, where I spend about 8/10 of the game in.
((THIS IS A MAJOR SPOILER: Mario and Luigi are brothers.))
The game is really good, and I haven't even gotten near the final boss (6 hours of gameplay. Woohoo!).

I think everyone on this forum has been to where I'm talking about, but just in case:
Dream's Deep is so emotional, I cried. you finally get to see what Luigi wants to say, but he doesn't say it because he loves his brother too much. My brother didn't actually see the big deal about it and was like "Haha, you're crying!" When he got to Dream's Deep, he stared at it for a long time and just went, "Oh."
And also, why do Dreambert and Starlow both go into Mario's pocket? Like Dreambert has an excuse, but Starlow? She never touched the Dream World, so she should be in Luigi's pocket.
EDIT:
Just found out by an unspoilered video that we have to visit Dream's Deep again to activate the Zeekeeper. I swear, if there is even one emotional quote that I didn't see during my first trek, I will cry all over again. Are there even anymore quotes? I didn't see any during the video, all I saw were Dark Blocks and even more Luigi's.

thatmariochick said:
I think everyone on this forum has been to where I'm talking about, but just in case:
Dream's Deep is so emotional, I cried. you finally get to see what Luigi wants to say, but he doesn't say it because he loves his brother too much. My brother didn't actually see the big deal about it and was like "Haha, you're crying!" When he got to Dream's Deep, he stared at it for a long time and just went, "Oh."
And also, why do Dreambert and Starlow both go into Mario's pocket? Like Dreambert has an excuse, but Starlow? She never touched the Dream World, so she should be in Luigi's pocket.

I have to say, that part greatly raised my admiration and respect for Luigi if it wasn't high enough already.

Back