Your very least favorite video game and why.

ALL Nascar games. You drive around in circles. Above all you can't through koopa shells at thoughs you want off the track.

Mass Effect 3

After finishing it, I've realized that I only played it to see the ending, and now that I've done so, there's absolutely nothing for me in this game.

Pinkie Pie said:
Ghostony said:
N64 : Super Mario 64
WHAT
Donkey Kong 64 > Kirby 64 > Yoshi Story > Hey You Pikachu > Dr.Mario 64 > everything else > Super Mario 64.
:P
Explanation #2 : SM64 is too much exploration and not enough adventure. I was really happy with Mario Galaxy when they finally decided to revive the adventure aspect a tiny bit

I actually loved the fact you could roam in SM64, and explore the worlds.
I found Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 pretty much closed, in these aspects.
Hell, it even gave me the feeling there was only 1 way to beat SMG/SMG2!

...too much exploration is a bad thing?

the hell?

well i guess if you're a sucker for linear games then welp.

Crystal said:
...too much exploration is a bad thing?

the hell?

well i guess if you're a sucker for linear games then welp.
Take DK64 for an example, it has both elements in it which made it onto my favorite N64 game, not to mention it even supported variety in characters, multiplayer, FPS, and minigames : that's flippin awesome stuff right there

I find sm64's painting worlds too small- most of the stars are "next to each other" just with different ways of obtaining them, I can beat the whole game in a single day... and it's only single player with horrible camera angling causing variety of glitches in the visual aspects.. and you can only play as mario.
I'l give the benefit of doubt, SM64DS was a good game because they fixed the glitches, made more courses, and more playable characters, and averagely entertaining minigames (still lacks the feel of adventure though >.>)

i found most of the worlds to be a pretty good size, especially compared to smg's miniscule worlds.

Besides maybe some worlds like the bowser areas, but otherwise they did well on exploration and other areas to approach the goal, which is always a nice piece of design.

Can't argue about the horrid glitches and camera though.

Geno said:
ALL Nascar games. You drive around in circles. Above all you can't through koopa shells at those you want off the track.

nr2003 is a brilliant game whose patched rerelease has a track maker, thank you much. And screw with the settings enough and you can ram people you hate completely off course into an utter death roll.

Glover. The N64 version. The gameplay was horrible. I'm honestly convinced that Glover became Master Hand when I saw that thing in SSB a year later.

Pikmin

I found it boring. The game itself is good, but I just hated it. I didn't like the music, the gameplay, the areas. I guess that's the wonder of personal taste.

Star Wars: Knights of the old republic 2

Well let's start shall we? First the game isnt even finished, missed a huge amount of quests, dialogue, and important story elements. There is even a door in one of the beginning areas that you CANNOT open at all, despite the fact that the door says "It's locked, might want to check back later."

The game also has an absurd amount of bugs, such as random crashes, skills and feats being removed upon class changing, theres even a massive problem with the game in the main story where an npc will not show up at all and this will not allow you to progress unless you start over.

There's also the fact that the last area, if you enter it, you can not return to any previous area in the game, while this is done in other games, i generally do not like this idea. There's also the fact that the ending is pretty atrocious as it simply zooms out of the planet and goes THE END. There is some other dialogue but its pretty minor and doesnt really fill in anything.

Now the game does have some good qualities, such as able to affect the light or dark side of characters, bring them over to your point of view, except for a select few. You can also make ordinary people into jedi or sith, which is also a good feature. There are even some interesting boss battles late in the game.

But sadly the negatives amazingly outweigh the positives, guess being made by obsidian shouldn't be too surprising though.

Crystal said:

Well let's start shall we? First the game isnt even finished, missed a huge amount of quests, dialogue, and important story elements. There is even a door in one of the beginning areas that you CANNOT open at all, despite the fact that the door says "It's locked, might want to check back later."

The game also has an absurd amount of bugs, such as random crashes, skills and feats being removed upon class changing, theres even a massive problem with the game in the main story where an npc will not show up at all and this will not allow you to progress unless you start over.

There's also the fact that the last area, if you enter it, you can not return to any previous area in the game, while this is done in other games, i generally do not like this idea. There's also the fact that the ending is pretty atrocious as it simply zooms out of the planet and goes THE END. There is some other dialogue but its pretty minor and doesnt really fill in anything.

Now the game does have some good qualities, such as able to affect the light or dark side of characters, bring them over to your point of view, except for a select few. You can also make ordinary people into jedi or sith, which is also a good feature. There are even some interesting boss battles late in the game.

But sadly the negatives amazingly outweigh the positives, guess being made by obsidian shouldn't be too surprising though.
"In a gesture to the fans Obsidian Entertainment provided the PC version of the game with many resources meant to be used for the original ending, such as screen plays, voice-acting, etc. Pressure from LucasArts to release the game in time for the Christmas season forced Obsidian to abbreviate the ending. Obsidian Entertainment also petitioned to LucasArts themselves for a Content Patch which would restore the content, though LucasArts denied the request." -Wookipedia
It wasn't actually Obsidian's fault.

Crystal said:

If you're playing on PC, you're in luck then:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/26/community-heroes-modders-debug-and-restore-cut-content-in-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii/

The Dark Knight said:
Crystal said:

"In a gesture to the fans Obsidian Entertainment provided the PC version of the game with many resources meant to be used for the original ending, such as screen plays, voice-acting, etc. Pressure from LucasArts to release the game in time for the Christmas season forced Obsidian to abbreviate the ending. Obsidian Entertainment also petitioned to LucasArts themselves for a Content Patch which would restore the content, though LucasArts denied the request." -Wookipedia
It wasn't actually Obsidian's fault.

doesnt change the fact that the game sucks.

@Xspike: yeah ive been aware of it but if memory serves the project has been scrapped unless it was picked up by somebody else.

If you had read the article, it clearly says that the mod is ready, it even gives a download link.

well i obviously didn't, maybe ill try it later, maybe.

Mario Party 8. Need I say why? It just plain sucks. Everything that can be bad is present in that game.

I have pondered about this question for two weeks now, since I apparently don't have anything else to do, and I think I've come up with an answer.

The game I chose... well, I don't really remember its exact title. It was one of those card game adaptions. I believe its name was Duel Masters, but if it had a subtitle, I forgot about it. It was a very bland game with a cookie-cutter story a la "My grandpa gave me the super special awesome mega chocolatey fudged awesome super card, but a burglar stole it and you have to win the whatever tournament in order to be able to pay the private eye who will locate the burglar, because apparently just calling the police is too easy". It also had a huge front-loaded tutorial that made me understand nothing, yet I still managed to win most of the time by doing things randomly. All in all it was a very boring game, too bad to be entertaining, but not bad enough to be funny.

What really set the game apart from others however were the absolutely substandard graphics. The character portraits looked horrible, as if someone wanted to draw manga, but had never drawn it or any other style before, only had MS Paint, and didn't know how human beings were supposed to look like. The result were characters who looked like they had weird blue bananas growing out of their head.

160512s5.jpg

Like this. I mean, the protagonist (left) looks okay-ish, kinda like he has a Vegeta/Sonic/Kankri thing going on. But the rest? Hopeless. Idk if the graphics get better later on or not. The four or five people I encountered before giving up on the game all looked similarly deformed.

Then there's inofficial games. Games made with things like Game Maker, or RPG Maker. There's some good games like that, and some things so lackluster that they can't even be called games. One thing I know which was bad, but still coherent enough to be called a game was an RPG Maker game called Legend of Heaven. It was about a conflict between the humans of earth and the angels of some planet/world called Angelou. The three angel sisters Din, Farore, and Nayru, created the world, but their three star students turned evil and... something. Then the great angel Asuka (who looks exactly like the character from Neon Genesis Evangelion) appears, and... Just imagine a bunch of anime put into a blender, add tibits of Zelda and Final Fantasy 7, and you get the setting of the game.

The game itself featured fun elements like you getting randomly teleported to some place on the other side of the world because you were foolish enough to set an event flag during dialogue, the protagonist you've painstakingly leveled up being dropped and replaced with someone else in the middle of the game, terriple maps that made little sense, lots of confusion as to where to go next, and in the end, when the opportunity arises for the final boss fight, everyone just says "ehhh... screw it" and they go home.

And yet, even though this is one of the worst games I played, it is also one of the best games I played. Why? Because this being an RPG Maker game, it was perfectly possible to open the game file and edit the game yourself. So I added a twist about the protagonist being the son of the devil and gave him the ability to make NPCs explode, I exaggerated all of the other characters and turned them into caricatures of themselves, and I rewrote about 80% of the dialogue into parody, innuendo, and general insanity. It must have been one of the most fun things I have ever done, and I am forever grateful for this game's existence because of it.

Another inofficial game I played was something called Edea's Last Legacy. It was about a universe that lies parallel to earth. It was composed of random inhabitants, video game characters, and people who came from Nazi Germany. It was created/accessed (?) by Albert Einstein, who used his theory of relativity. Also, everyone had nano-machines in their bloodstream that prevented them from aging because... idk. The game featured such notable things like Mario wanting to murder everyone because he was consumed and driven mad by grief from his best friend Link dying, Peach secretly being a fugitive from World War II, really, really, REALLY absurd references to other games, official and inofficial, and a weird cat man who provided narration and exposition... somehow... "This tree is as green as a dog"... yeah...

It did have some pretty art in places though.

Back