Votes: 7 10.3%
  • It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
So is this the official thread now? Eh whatever...

When I first heard this, I was all "Eh". I was expecting another Super Mario 3D Land, but the inclusion of Peach and Toad this time around, plus the return of Chargin' Chuck, now I really want this game!

King Antasma said:
Dry Bones fanatic said:
Or maybe Daisy, she hasn't been kidnapped in AGES.
I wouldn't mind that, but she also hasn't appeared in a platformer in ages, so it's unlikely.
Bilbo Baggins said:
tbh i don't see peach saving daisy
Also this.
I don't know if Daisy still stays in Mushroom kingdom, but selective amnesia of sending festival invitations doesn't tell why Daisy disappeared in recent platformers.

Yes, Daisy saving Peach is far more natural than Peach saving Daisy. But did it actually happen before?

Ok lets play Snifit or Whiffit"Analyze that Game" were we tried to find the story before nintendo reveal it!

So far we have this image:

WiiU_SuperMario_scrn04_E3.png

This guys is a mix between yoshi and dorri, i find it cool, but wait, who is the Fairy-Like pokemon Creature?, rigth know people is screaming "SUBCON" but maybe that can be something else, maybe a new alien-creature.

Why? because the next image.
SM3DWtower.png

This image was in the trailer, shows Toad in a miny-level, but look, the icon isn´t Blue Toad, is "THE" Toad, and looks like its confirmed "THE" Toad is the Captain of the Toad Brigade from galaxy 1 and 2, so, this game maybe is more like a direct sequel to the galaxy series and have some connection with it, but why toad is here, and why he is playable only in this scene?, well, i think is more like a mini-stage like the Boxes Stages in 3D Land, look, toad has 5 stars slots instead 3 and there is 4 green stars in the place, so this can be a minigame or something that help you to collect the stars, other detail are the green stars, another connection with the Galaxy Series, instead Star Medals, we have Green Stars, why?, is Bowser Trying to conquer the universe again but from his home planet?, are the fairy things connected with this?, maybe, oh and we are sure that bowser still behind this because all the Bowser Sybomls and enemies in the game.

Look.
SM3DWruins.png

Yes, peach is playable and many think bowser isn´t the villain now, but remember, Bowser has many other plots in the spin-offs games, maybe this one don´t involve peach at all and involve the fairy things, and look is Chargin´Chuck, well maybe is a let down don´t have Wart as villain, but we can see that the multiplayer aspect isnt the only think that can be a reference to SMB2.

Behold the AMAZIN´ DESSERT...desert
WiiU_SuperMario_scrn09_E3.png

Unlike NSMBU this Desert is made totally with cake, you can see the layers and the Meringue, but the structure in the background looks like an arabian palace, and the SMB2 theme is more arabic one (because Doki Doki Panic), but wait there´s another possible reference.

The Dragon-Serpent-Worm Boss
WiiU_SuperMario_scrn05_E3.png

This guy looks like Cobrat from SMB2, unlike past games, this one has an original boss instead the Koopalings, or Boom Booms, its the first time since Galaxy 2 we had original bosses, oddly, in the demo, the boss can be find in a separate level (4-Boss) unlike the other mario games, maybe its because the boss its a little more complicated that a koopaling boss, or to avoid made the demo too long, i dont know why but we can see the place is some sort of carnival decored castle, and in the trailer we can see a normal castle level with lava...maybe its a diferent level, maybe the castle leves will be separate from bosses levels now...or as i said before, the separate the boss from the level to avoid a look demo.

Before i finish i need to recall, Cat-Luigi is a Cheetah, just like Tanooki-Luigi is a Kitsune(fox) instead a Racoon, Peach is a little shorter in this game and mini peach has short hair and Fire Peach has ponytail, and remember, 3D Land had some special bosses after the normal ending so maybe we can see wart as a special boss.

Well a long post but i wish i made my point...see ya

Bowser likely is back, in gameplay videos I've seen of the E3 demos, when they die, the Bowser face icon is shown, similarly to Mario 64 and many games after that. So I definitely see Bowser returning even if he isn't the final boss or anything.

King Antasma said:
Kinda random, but shouldn't this topic be stickied? Considering Mario Kart 8 is up there...
Probably should yes...

By the way, the coin block that goes on your head is returning. Not sure if there has been footage of it being found beforehand. There's a block that can be ground pounded for about a dozen coins before it turned into the block head.

Just looking at the above images that KingMario128 posted(thank you bty) makes me want play this game soooo bad. I'm hoping nintendo gives us more details about this game as we get closer to the release. We may end up seeing more surprising stuff that we weren't expecting. Yoshi may end up having an apperance in this game... You never know.

Also I think that first image is part of that serpent-riding sequance from the trailer where all four of the characters are riding it.

I played Super Mario 3D World in the Best Buy. I enjoyed it, and it's better than 3D Land. Still, BabyLuigiOnFire decided to speed run through the damn thing. And we're allowed to play one level...

Toad is the perfect speed runner and I trolled the other characters >:D

Cirdec said:
Doesn't Toad have a smaller jump, as it seems in the trailer?

I'm not sure, since BabyLuigiOnFire was going so fast and I was paying attention to my little yellow cat. I guess Mario jumps higher than the Mushroom Man. But, I'll get that video to you, and you can decide for yourself. Anyhow, I'll wait UNTIL MY SISTER UPLOADS THE THING.

Re: New Super Mario 3D Title announced

NSY said:
No we do not need two threads for this, mods please merge.

Weren't there three threads with the same topic?

love it how we keep on switching threads when talking about this game

So on the wiki it says Toad and Blue Toad are separate characters. I haven't seen Toad other than the Toad Brigade mini-game thing that showed up. I've seen Blue Toad being called 'Toad' without the blue but it's justified because they realize a majority of us aren't colourblind or stupid. Blue Toad is still a Toad, he's just blue like he was in NSMBU & SMB2.

Crackin355 said:
So on the wiki it says Toad and Blue Toad are separate characters. I haven't seen Toad other than the Toad Brigade mini-game thing that showed up. I've seen Blue Toad being called 'Toad' without the blue but it's justified because they realize a majority of us aren't colourblind or stupid. Blue Toad is still a Toad, he's just blue like he was in NSMBU & SMB2.
It's still quite confusing since we usually see their seperate appearances, from NSMB and Galaxy when Toad being an NPC, or spinoffs where we had color options.

Judged by my institution, I guess it's that Miyamoto doesn't consider too much (not intended to make Toad playable). Though rather than Toad and Toadette, the most miserable guy is Toadbert in this case.

And color theory doesn't really make sense since Daisy and Wario can replace the yellow toad last time. Or I still doubt why can't Nintendo give color options as same as spinoffs?

I think it's because toad was blue in SMB2.

I wonder what the story is? Peach isn't kidnapped this time.

Oh, and Goomba's shoe is back! Or Goomba's Ice skates...

Back