• It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Aegislash said:
I'm probably not following the current conversation on this thread, but Super Mario 3D World is definitely on my Christmas list.

The less you know about the Champion's Road, the better

We have triple crown lives when we entered the level. When we beat it, we have only about 600 lives left.

TOO much of those lives came from bubble popping and head bumping over the abyss/spiked walls

We also deliberately killed ourselves so we can restore to normal form.

Most of our deaths came from the Beat Block part.

I watched a video of the final boss battle against "Meowser", and while I do like the concept of Bowser using the power-ups to battle Mario and friends, I would have prefered a more "physical" battle, where you would have to use different power-ups to hit Bowser directly. My favorite final battle of any videogame is the Gruntilda battle at the end of Banjo-Kazooie, where every ability is used to directly damage Grunty. I'd like to see something like that where you hit Bowser directly instead of being chased by him until you get to something that defeats him instantly.

POW blocks are still better than the switch because you ARE damaging technically with the POW block.

I wish there was a fight where you used a Mega Mushroom and then proceed to beat the crap out of Bowser. It's battle you can't lose. Or, maybe it should be credits sequence instead.

Mario Party X said:
I wish there was a fight where you used a Mega Mushroom and then proceed to beat the crap out of Bowser. It's battle you can't lose. Or, maybe it should be credits sequence instead.

Ooh, I'd love that during a credits sequence. I could imagine you chasing him and getting points each time you ran into him or something.

;D And hitting him enough times will net you extra lives, I guess.

Lakitulerapide said:
Got this game on release yesterday, now in World Castle.

Gotta say I lost more lives then I'd like to on the way. Nonetheless fairly great game.

You're gonna lose more :)

Baby Luigi said:
Lakitulerapide said:
Got this game on release yesterday, now in World Castle.

Gotta say I lost more lives then I'd like to on the way. Nonetheless fairly great game.

You're gonna lose more :)
So I might even encounter a Game Over? Now fluctuating around 10 lifes. 4 was my minimum.

I bet you're gonna get a game over with Champion's Road

Yeah, it's kinda expected to have the ultimate level. I'm not going to go into the details of it though. You figure for yourself.

Again, I'm not going to spoil the details of the level but it's expected to have the ultimate level anyway, since Galaxy 2 kinda started that trend with the 3D games.

I just got to Champion's Road. Just imagine the most unfun and painful platforming level in history and that's what it is (well, I guess it might not be as hard as the perfect run, but this level makes World 8-Crown in 3D Land a joke). I think the problem is you have to watch for enemies and other shit on the screen while fiddling with the camera to not die. I've managed to get to the part with the Fuzzies and rolling spikes on my second life, but after that I kept dying there. Just use Rosalina or Peach, it's basically the only way to beat this level, I presume. I haven't beaten it because I ragequit had to get off to let my sister play, but from what I've played of it: it sucks. Big time. Not going to have fun trying to beat this with Toad for his crap stamp.

Protip: If in single player, forget about using Toad. He's going to die at the start.

So this level has a lot of Fake Difficulty then? Oh man...

3D Land's 8-Crown was stupid, but Grandmaster Galaxy was awesome.

I like having Grandmaster-esque stages. They tend to be a kind of final exam for all you've done in the game, and they're a good show of the platforming prowess you should have picked up by then. The Perfect Run took a hell of a lot of tries, but it was certainly an achievement.

So THIS is fake difficulty, but Grandmaster Galaxy (the perfect run) isn't? From what I've seen of this level, a Tanooki suit absolutely breaks the level. Just like in 3D Land.

Based Sora said:
3D Land's 8-Crown was stupid, but Grandmaster Galaxy was awesome.

I like having Grandmaster-esque stages. They tend to be a kind of final exam for all you've done in the game, and they're a good show of the platforming prowess you should have picked up by then. The Perfect Run took a hell of a lot of tries, but it was certainly an achievement.

I don't think I've got the same sense of satisfaction from beating a level after dying so many times as on the Perfect Run of Grandmaster Galaxy from anything else. I guess what I liked most is that it incorporated a bunch of different parts of the game (e.g the yoshi part, the electric maze with the cloud suit and the flipping part near the end) so it really did feel like a final exam like you said. I got so mad playing it but I kept going because I knew I could beat it and it wasn't really trial and error either, I just kept screwing up my jumps or getting wrecked by the enemies near the end.

Ah~ I kind of want to play Galaxy 2 again but I don't own it. I'll be getting 3D World for christmas so I'll be able to play it for myself then.

Back