Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Freakworld said:
mario-kart-8-limited-edition-nintendo-wii-u-bundle-angle-1.jpg

I so preordered this.

EDIT: Yes I know this has been posted before.

I want o_O so bad.

I noticed that in both Wii and 3DS they had 4 tracks from the previous game (DS had it too, but it had 4 from all previous games). If MK8 follows this pattern, we'll get 4 3DS tracks. I hope it's Rock Rock Mountain or Wario Shipyard.

tho we've already got 3 (Pirahna Plant Slide) returning (DK Jungle) 3DS stages (Music Park) confirmed already so

I secretly hope it's Neo Bowser City (though given that nightclub course I doubt it). Shy Guy Bazaar would be my second choice.

THey had 4 returning tracks from each of the 2 most recent games so both Wii and 3DS should get 4.
SNES: 0
N64: 1
GBA: 3
GCN: 2
DS: 2
Wii: 4
3DS: 4

Cups:
Wii and 3DS get all 4
N64 and GBA get Lightning
GBA and DS get Leaf
GCN and DS get Banana
GBA and GCN get Shell

this is what would most satisfy me.

I'd like another GBA course. Preferably NOT a Bowser Castle.

There's Mario Circuit here if that's enough, but I want Cheese Land, Ribbon Road and all that good stuff.

DragonFreak said:
Giga12 said:
There's Mario Circuit here if that's enough, but I want Cheese Land, Ribbon Road and all that good stuff.
My thoughts exactly.

I lot of people state that Cheese Land and Ribbon Road are good.
I want a reason why (I've never played GBA Mario Kart).

3D Player 2004 said:
DragonFreak said:
Giga12 said:
My thoughts exactly.

It's well-designed, fun to race on, great music, and unique. I can't explain it more than that since you actually have to play it.

I never got into SC so I don't really remember those courses. The only thing I remember about SC is horrific loose controls to the point where it was almost unplayable to me.

I think the problem was they were trying to pull off a 3D-style game on a system that was too weak for that. I never played SMK but from what I've seen it was the same way. I don't think Mario Kart was ready for handhelds until the DS

But GBA retro courses are fine, so I do hope the more unique GBA courses make it in to MK8 so I can actually enjoy them. Same for the SNES ones

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I never got into SC so I don't really remember those courses. The only thing I remember about SC is horrific loose controls to the point where it was almost unplayable to me.

I think the problem was they were trying to pull off a 3D-style game on a system that was too weak for that. I never played SMK but from what I've seen it was the same way. I don't think Mario Kart was ready for handhelds until the DS

But GBA retro courses are fine, so I do hope the more unique GBA courses make it in to MK8 so I can actually enjoy them. Same for the SNES ones

Mario Kart: Super Circut used up every SNES Track as Retro and therefore, all Retro Slots used on SNES Tracks are wasted Retro Slots.

Not really since being in MKSC means I can't enjoy the tracks because of horrible controls. So I'd welcome their return in MK8, which I've played and know that it has good controls.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I think the problem was they were trying to pull off a 3D-style game on a system that was too weak for that.

Actually, I don't think it had a problem. The problem was its outdated controls, really. I had seen nothing but praise for the game when it was released.

I don't think the controls are too bad, really. It's far from unplayable. The real challenge is triple-starring it, since the game requires you do very specific things (not just race well) in order to achieve it.

Baby Luigi said:
3D Player 2004 said:
DragonFreak said:
Giga12 said:
My thoughts exactly.

It's well-designed, fun to race on, great music, and unique. I can't explain it more than that since you actually have to play it.
I've raced on Ribbon Road as a MKWii custom track (a rather ugly rendition tbh), it feels like a rather long course. Not necessarily a bad thing, means that there aren't just three turns.

Mario Kart Super Circuit is faster paced than Mario Kart Wii, so yeah. It's not that long of a course at all, because you zip really fast in Super Circuit

Giga12 said:
this please, Bowser's Castle 1 was great in MK7 but I think other GBA courses are far more deserving.

I'm picturing a completely redone Ribbon Road with curves and twists in the road for anti-gravity parts because, y'know, it's made out of ribbon. It'd be neat to see what they do with that jump as well

I want Cheese Land just for the background and textures, Sunset Wilds too.

GBAToad said:
tho we've already got 3 (Pirahna Plant Slide) returning (DK Jungle) 3DS stages (Music Park) confirmed already so

I secretly hope it's Neo Bowser City (though given that nightclub course I doubt it). Shy Guy Bazaar would be my second choice.
I want Neo Bowser back as well, may have started off hating it, but now I love it.

LakituderSchnell said:
I've raced on Ribbon Road as a MKWii custom track (a rather ugly rendition tbh), it feels like a rather long course. Not necessarily a bad thing, means that there aren't just three turns.

Yeah, I noticed that retro tracks in CTGP Revolution take much longer than normal. GBA Yoshi Desert takes me almost 03:15:00. It's much faster in the real version.

Petey Piranha said:
LakituderSchnell said:

Yeah, I noticed that retro tracks in CTGP Revolution take much longer than normal. GBA Yoshi Desert takes me almost 03:15:00. It's much faster in the real version.
It's the scaling that's off. It feels MUCH better on the GBA.

Jim McGinn said:
GBAToad said:

I want Neo Bowser back as well, may have started off hating it, but now I love it.

yeah, I didn't really like it either but it grew on me.

I liked Neo Bowser City and I still like it to this day

Petey Piranha said:
LakituderSchnell said:

I don't use CTGP Revolution.

Back