Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

I don't know if this has already been said but....
Kart Customization from Mario Kart 7 and and a mode where the main gameplay element of Mario Kart: Double Dash!!(2 drivers in 1 kart) returns confirmed.
Proof: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=206647
PS. Ok, it's a SORTOF confirmed for the MK:DD thing, but...eh.

Sonicyay2 said:
I don't know if this has already been said but....
Kart Customization from Mario Kart 7 and and a mode where the main gameplay element of Mario Kart: Double Dash!!(2 drivers in 1 kart) returns confirmed.
Proof: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=206647
PS. Ok, it's a SORTOF confirmed for the MK:DD thing, but...eh.
I think that article was posted here earlier.

Actually, Double Dash is deconfirmed. They said they won't use it for Mario Kart 8. They meant in the future they will do that.

It's to late to implement such a huge thing, anyway.

MKGirlism said:
Nintendo is a multi-million dollar company. I'm sure if they wanted to, they could add a Double Dash mode between now and the release in 2014. I support this because it would likely mean a huge roster, plus it'd be sweet to have 2 characters/item slots again.

Mostly, mental power, endurance, perseverance, and dedication.

NotABannableOffense said:
It isn't about the money

It's about manpower.

Yeah; they have to do a lot of work to just make the game in time for 2014. I mean, Nintendo doesn't like to fire people, so they aren't going to hire extra people just to make one project move faster. More money doesn't always mean a faster release game.

Besides, it was an idea for later games, which is basically them saying "It's not coming in this game".

Fawful, you really think so?
The reason why they've suddenly added bicycles to Mario Kart Wii is, it doesn't take much time and money to implement this, while a Double Dash Mode can take weeks, or even months to implement (like, all of the Code that's already written has to be adjusted, etc.), which will make it cost a lot of money as well.

Producers run on the Time-Cost-Scope Triangle, and if it doesn't fit it, they just won't do that.

MKGirlism said:
Fawful, you really think so?
The reason why they've suddenly added bicycles to Mario Kart Wii is, it doesn't take much time and money to implement this, while a Double Dash Mode can take weeks, or even months to implement (like, all of the Code that's already written has to be adjusted, etc.), which will make it cost a lot of money as well.

Producers run on the Time-Cost-Scope Triangle, and if it doesn't fit it, they just won't do that.

Yeah the Double Dash!! mechanics were good while they lasted, but it's highly doubtful that they'll be coming back again. As much as I don't like seeing the bikes coming back, less effort is needed with their development.

I think Fawful may have a shot for MK8, but definitely not SSB4.

His Excellency Lord Fawfulthegreat64 of the Beanbean Realm said:
MKGirlism said:
Nintendo is a multi-million dollar company. I'm sure if they wanted to, they could add a Double Dash mode between now and the release in 2014. I support this because it would likely mean a huge roster, plus it'd be sweet to have 2 characters/item slots again.

i like how you know nothing about game development.

Zae said:
His Excellency Lord Fawfulthegreat64 of the Beanbean Realm said:
MKGirlism said:

i like how you know nothing about game development.
You're right, I don't. But logic tells me a company as large as Nintendo completely dedicated to game development with all the latest equipment, etc can easily manipulate a game however in short periods of time. Maybe this logic is completely wrong, but I can't help what I don't know. I only assume based on what I know combined with what logic makes sense to me.
Mr. L rocks! said:
I agree.

Do you have any idea of how game programming works? Do you have any idea of how much time consuming it would be to implement a Double Dash mode into the game? Think about all the bug checking, all the different animations, all the different karts, all the items, and maybe all the tracks that would accommodate these changes? That would take a LONG time.

Baby Luigi said:
Do you have any idea of how game programming works? Do you have any idea of how much time consuming it would be to implement a Double Dash mode into the game? Think about all the bug checking, all the different animations, all the different karts, all the items, and maybe all the tracks that would accommodate these changes? That would take a LONG time.

^ This.

They basically have to make an entire new set of karts and animations for each character, which is basically them making two games within a single game. So yeah, if they were to implement the mechanic into this game, we wouldn't see the release date until probably late 2015.

As I said before, even if you're a Team of 1000 people, you will still need to take a couple of weeks or months, to quickly implement a Double Dash Mode.
I'm a Game Programmer myself, I know it will take a long time.

At the other hand, I also thought it would be crazily difficult to make a Level Editor, but in the end, I've got it half done in one night, all by myself.
It's still nothing, compared to the work needed for a Double Dash Mode, especially because of the fact, that Mario Kart 8's Code (Programming alone) probably already exceeded the 90000 lines, while my game only had 2000 lines of Code, back then.

Mr. L rocks! said:

RPG-exclusive characters typically don't make it into spin-off titles though.

MnSG said:
Mr. L rocks! said:

Try telling that to the Fawful freak fan

Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:
Mr. L rocks! said:

Try telling that to the Fawful freak fan
Was this necessary? You do know I have barely posted anything about this since that ruined topic, right?

Anyway, I hear the "RPG-exclusives don't appear in spinoffs" excuse almost every day, and my response is the same: There's a first for everything. I will still do everything within my power to get Fawful in, and why don't we avoid getting into the 964,573,489,398,631st argument about it. Because I already know everyone here wants a boring roster, no need to keep telling me.

"This guy needs to calm down"

Back