Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Baby Luigi said:
---- you Nintendo and your stupid character specific stat bonuses

Technically, they're NOT stat bonuses. If you look closely, the stat boosts are off-set by stat drops, keeping the stat totals exactly alike.

Godzilla said:
PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
Crackin355 said:
You say that but I barely ever came across Funky Kongs when I played online. Or Metal Mario's in MK7.

I don't consider one of them for every match on average as a lot, but I didn't even get that.

You're lucky, every online match I played usually had at least 5 Funky Kongs.
Yeah, how dare they actually use a good character and try to win.

Maybe but it makes the game boring if the same character is overused.

Cirdec said:
Godzilla said:
PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
Crackin355 said:
You say that but I barely ever came across Funky Kongs when I played online. Or Metal Mario's in MK7.

I don't consider one of them for every match on average as a lot, but I didn't even get that.

You're lucky, every online match I played usually had at least 5 Funky Kongs.
Yeah, how dare they actually use a good character and try to win.

Maybe but it makes the game boring if the same character is overused.

Especially if it's like Mii Tennis Open.

No one's forcing you to play as them. The point of the game is to win the race. If those characters are gonna give them a better shot at winning, why not play as that character?

Godzilla said:
No one's forcing you to play as them. The point of the game is to win the race. If those characters are gonna give them a better shot at winning, why not play as that character?

Fine then let's make a game with only one character so everything is balanced....
Not everyone play for winning.

But considering the way the items operate in this game, neglecting acceleration may be a bad move. It's always possible to make a combo with manageable speed and acceleration, though that would mean using combos such as the Sport Bike and Roller wheels, along with a glider that boosts acceleration. Of course, the grip stat is going to take a plummet.

MnSG said:
But considering the way the items operate in this game, neglecting acceleration may be a bad move. It's always possible to make a combo with manageable speed and acceleration, though that would mean using combos such as the Sport Bike and Roller wheels, along with a glider that boosts acceleration. Of course, the grip stat is going to take a plummet.
Much like if you're using Slick tires/tyres/wheels. I tried using it in Kalamari Desert and the grip is bad.

Grip is always bad on Kalimari Desert.

So apparently Mirror Mode is unlocked from the very start of the game, according to GX.

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:

So apparently Mirror Mode is unlocked from the very start of the game, according to GX.
GX are not Nintendo. Therefore potentially lying.

Yeah and all the other MK8 news is also potentially just Nintendo trolling us, and the real game hasn't even been revealed yet.

SuperQueenChrysalis said:
PeteyPiranhaPerson said:

GX are not Nintendo. Therefore potentially lying.
Mirror is just unlocked for preview purposes.

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:

Not for the Monster and Red Monster though. But since the off-road stat doesn't exist for Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7's grip elements are made into a separate entity.

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
So, if there is no offroad stat, does every vehicle go the same speed offroad?

No, grip is a combination of off-road and handling it seems

MK8 community, you can't post in there

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073268532636/14866558073268532646

Magikrazy said:
Now how will I ask Sakurai to Goku and Shrek in MK8?

No worries; after release people will post those characters as DLC

Super Smash Misty said:
zlCfzR4rmzQyd7KP1N

:waluigi: is scientifically proven to beat :pgp:

Nope, Waluigi is getting lapped in that picture

Back