Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Dear lord. RIP Rosalina's storybook.

Also, freaking Pink Gold Peach??

I was literally muttering "You have got to be kidding me" when she was revealed.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Dear lord. RIP Rosalina's storybook.

Also, freaking Pink Gold Peach??

I was literally muttering "You have got to be kidding me" when she was revealed.
I was laughing my ass off, but not literally.

I was laughing at Pink Gold Peach :'D

How does it render the book invalid, exactly?

Yes, because Nintendo's top concern is whether or not they violate the continuity of another game in a spin-off.

I think the quote, "Spin-offs are not canon", must've slipped everyone's mind. Rosalina's Storybook only covered her life as an older kid, so her infant life has been a complete mystery to us.

MnSG said:
I think the quote, "Spin-offs are not canon", must've slipped everyone's mind. Rosalina's Storybook only covered her life as an older kid, so her infant life has been a complete mystery to us.
There could be a theory that Yoshi's Island is placed before the events of Rosalina's Storybook.

Dry Troopa said:
There could be a theory that Yoshi's Island is placed before the events of Rosalina's Storybook.

No, what happened in Rosalina's Storybook happened quite some time ago

Dry Troopa said:
MnSG said:
She goes to the Gateway... EVERY 100 YEARS
AND SHE SAYS SHE'S BEEN THERE BEFORE

Dry Troopa said:

I find that to be doubtful though, since I kind of think that Rosalina was born long before the Mario Bros., Bowser, and even Peach existed.

Baby Rosalina is Mario multiverse confirmed :v

Super Smash Misty said:
The guy in the direct calls Ludwig "Loodwig"
BAHAHAHA
How are you meant to pronounce it then?

fantanoice said:
Super Smash Misty said:
The guy in the direct calls Ludwig "Loodwig"
BAHAHAHA
How are you meant to pronounce it then?

I think it's Lud (Lud as in Bud) -vig actually, since it's a German name.

MnSG said:
Dry Troopa said:

I find that to be doubtful though, since I kind of think that Rosalina was born long before the Mario Bros., Bowser, and even Peach existed.
Good old fashioned fanon

Jack McCoy said:
Good old fashioned fanon

Maybe it's just another one of those time & space type of scenarios.

Much like how adult Bowser appeared out of nowhere near the end of Yoshi's New Island.

The music this game has is amazing. I just wish DK Jungle and Grumble Volcano's music was orchestrated like the rest. My favorite soundtrack is the one in Sweet Sweet Canyon, or the one in DS Tick Tock Clock.

I LOVE it how they improved the music. If there were two things Mario Kart as a whole needed improvement, one, it's graphics, and two, it's music and they addressed both of them <3

deep in the mystic land of nintendo of japan, a meeting is being held

iwata: "lol we need new characters what should we do"
miyamoto: "add peach"
iwata: "no miyamoto we already did that one"
miyamoto: "add GOOLD PEACh@!!"
iwata: "no miyamoto gold peach isn't pink enough"

and that is how pink gold peach was born

No-Face said:
deep in the mystic land of nintendo of japan, a meeting is being held

iwata: "lol we need new characters what should we do"
miyamoto: "add peach"
iwata: "no miyamoto we already did that one"
miyamoto: "add GOOLD PEACh@!!"
iwata: "no miyamoto gold peach isn't pink enough"

and that is how pink gold peach was born

They just got the idea from Metal Mario and Gold Mario.
:metal: + Gold Mario + :peach: = Pink Gold Peach

MnSG said:
Dry Troopa said:

Yoshi was born before the Mario Bros. and he was an adult.

Call my whiny or nitpicky or whatever you want, but my hype for this game seriously decreased today. I'm just mad about Baby Rosalina, not for the character itself, but because TO ME it completely ruined what made Rosalina so special. I can't help thinking it just ruined her. Now I don't see Rosalina as a space goddess or something, but more like one more princess of the bunch in the Mario series.

Besides, Pink Gold Peach. WTF. At least Metal Mario existed before as a power-up, but Pink Gold Peach doesn't even make sense. It's like having Ice Donkey Kong or Bee Waluigi. According to IGN there are still some characters to be revealed but it's obvious they're referring to the classic ones like Birdo, Bowser Jr, King Boo, Diddy Kong, Dry Bones and someone else, maybe Honey Queen or Wiggler. Once again they left E. Gadd, Lubba and other potential characters who could have worked.

24 hours ago I was extremely excited about this game. Now I'm just like "meh", even though I'll still get it and will probably love it. I'm just very disappointed, that's all.

Back