Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Well, it's a coincidence that all of those tracks, specifically, appeared all at once in one specific day.

No, you're not a prophet or a psychic.

I know, but I just love how those four tracks were the ones I was really hoping to appear in this game too, which is making me excited. (Even though YV is not confirmed)

And Tick-Tock clock in it, it's a insta-buy.

But its name does appear on Sunshine Airport.

Hypochondriac Mario said:

Yes, but I'm thinking that list might also be randomized so that it shows all the tracks in Mario Kart history. Plus, 4 64 tracks in this game? I would be a bit surprised.

Of course, that's just the 5% of doubt. I do think it will be a course, which I'll like as well.

Ulrich said:
Teehee. That's right my Blooper, get rid of Baby Luigi. :P

BLOF is probably just happy he got new artwork. :P

When Mario Kart 8 comes out it's payback time

Ulrich said:

Yes, but I'm thinking that list might also be randomized so that it shows all the tracks in Mario Kart history. Plus, 4 64 tracks in this game? I would be a bit surprised.

Of course, that's just the 5% of doubt. I do think it will be a course, which I'll like as well.
So far... whatever the Airport says is going to happen, so you can bet on Yoshi's Valley appearing.

So if I'm understanding this right, the embargo is over and people can start showing footage? If so, we may know the full roster in due time.

Possibly

btw, this looks like the pipe frame; awesome i love the pipe frame

Also, Birdo appears on the poster too. Birdo confirmed?

ZdRhxDa.png

Baby Luigi said:
Also, Birdo appears on the poster too. Birdo confirmed?

ZdRhxDa.png
You can't really make it out from here, but it kind of resembles one of Birdo's artwork.

84px-MP8_Birdo.png

But it also kind of resembles one of Toadette's artwork.

113px-ToadetteMP8.png

Or, it can be just a flower.

Nope, it's Birdo

N4hjerF.png

Thank you, clearer picture. :birdo:

Well, if I am correct with my roster prediction of 3, then that means the last three spots would be taken by Birdo, Diddy, and Bowser Jr.

Meaning that Dry Bowser, Funky Kong, and King Boo will not be in this game, and that Honey Queen will not be in this game either (which I'm not sad about).

Though, at the same time, the roster could be 32 players for all that matters, which could include Dry Bowser in it, and maybe another character in the heavy weights. Which seems more so the case since it seems there are a lot of small weights and medium weights, but a lack in heavy weights.

Ulrich said:
Though, at the same time, the roster could be 32 players for all that matters, which could include Dry Bowser in it, and maybe another character in the heavy weights. Which seems more so the case since it seems there are a lot of small weights and medium weights, but a lack in heavy weights.

Mario
Luigi
Some Koopalings

That's a lot of medium weights.

I don't know if you're including Cruisers and nonfeather Lightweights, though.

And really, who cares about weight roster balance? All characters are essentially a clone of an existing character, so it really doesn't matter unless it's EXTREMELY skewed (in this case, it isn't).

Ulrich said:
Well, if I am correct with my roster prediction of 3, then that means the last three spots would be taken by Birdo, Diddy, and Bowser Jr.

Meaning that Dry Bowser, Funky Kong, and King Boo will not be in this game, and that Honey Queen will not be in this game either (which I'm not sad about).

Though, at the same time, the roster could be 32 players for all that matters, which could include Dry Bowser in it
So right now we know 27 characters. If we have 30 characters, then Birdo, Bowser jr. and Diddy will be the ones who round out those last three slots. If it's 32, then those three will probably be joined by Dry Bones and King Boo.

elispp.gif

holy crap this game looks fucking beautiful

seriously though which track is this

#thanksgaf

Vince McMahon said:
elispp.gif

holy crap this game looks fucking beautiful

seriously though which track is this

#thanksgaf
Damn. Looks really good.

I like the muddy effect on the terrain. I kind of wanted it to be raining or cloudy so the mud makes sense. Also... it would be really cool if they introduce weather in retro tracks that didn't have weather before (like Moo Moo Meadows getting a sunrise setting).

(like Moo Moo Meadows getting a sunrise setting).

MK8.gif.gif

yeah, expect to see some sort of weather effects in this game

Northern Verve said:
N64 Rainbow Road confirmed?

FUCK YEAH :D

N64 rainbow road has now become similar to MK7's rainbow road, being split into 3 parts, so it's no longer a 3-lap endurance thing (also i think they removed the shortcut :()

It is Moo Moo Meadows. That's why I mentioned it in the first place.

I also don't like what's going on with N64 Rainbow Road. I like my tracks to be 5 minutes long in 150cc. Just don't make it boring. I mean, I modded my Mario Kart Wii to include a 3-lap 3DS Rainbow Road, and I had a blast.

Ulrich said:
YoshiGo99 said:
I hated most of MKW's tracks. I really hope for N64 Toad's turnpike, royal raceway, yoshi valley and Rainbow road. Also I sure hope we get new items and the return of the Chain chomp

Quoting this from the first page, since I was randomly on it.

Wow, that first sentence I wrote, I have gotten somewhat used to the Wii tracks btw. But I was exact on that, I may have even said I was hoping for GCN Sherbet Land somewhere on here. Well at least I am happy with the N64 tracks.

Also does N64 Rainbow Road's new look remind anyone of World Bowser from 3D World?

New Super Mario said:
Yay Royal Raceway is back!

yeah, yeah, yeah, minor course detail but apparently* you can't drive on the castle grounds in N64 royal raceway (which SUCKS cause that was the best part of the course)

* = according to demo reports and stuff

YoshiGo99 said:
Ulrich said:
YoshiGo99 said:
I hated most of MKW's tracks. I really hope for N64 Toad's turnpike, royal raceway, yoshi valley and Rainbow road. Also I sure hope we get new items and the return of the Chain chomp

Quoting this from the first page, since I was randomly on it.

Also does N64 Rainbow Road's new look remind anyone of World Bowser from 3D World?
Maybe they can sneak it in there somehow as a cameo.

@N64 Royal Raceway: Wow, I guess I have to wait for the mods to happen so I can do this.

metal mario's return is disappointing, but shy guy and lakitu are cool. also i personally didn't want to see n64 rainbow road return, but i kind of expected it

regarding the remaining roster slots i think there will will five more, with four of the slots going to bowser jr, birdo, diddy, and dry bones, with the last most likely being one of king boo, dry bowser, or an entirely new character. if that is the case then i hope it's the last one because i don't care about either king boo or dry bowser and it would be nice to see a new character that isn't a goddamn koopaling

Back