Team Fortress 2: Christmas Calamity 6v9 Event

Snifit on Stilts said:
Please add medic and engineer to my classes.
Alright, will do.

picture adjusted to accommodate bill's fatness

1HD9e.jpg

We should start discussing times. I am available at any time past the 21st and up until January 4th. Dippy cannot come on a Wednesday, Saturday, or Sunday (if I recall?), and Quizmo cannot come past December 27th until January 2nd. The 24th and 26th seem to be the best time unless people have any objections. 24th may be a bad choice because it is Christmas Eve and people have parties or family to attend to. We can also possibly split the event into multiple dates, at the cost of some players being unable to attend.

I don't know as it will be boxing day and family might visit. I should be able to find time in the morning if I get up early.

Phantom L said:
I don't know as it will be boxing day and family might visit. I should be able to find time in the morning if I get up early.
Another concern is time, considering this is a North American-biased event. It would have to be in the afternoon EST for all North Americans to attend, but we can only have you or the Australian attenders arrive at once because you guys are 10(?) hours apart.

I just remembered Boxing Day, so Canadians, Australians, and the British attenders will probably be busy.

December 27th and beyond is available after all, but Quizmo might not be able to attend until later during the days. He said this was fine as long as it means everyone else can attend.

I suggest we begin 3-5 PM EST. This means West Coast players start at noon earliest. A few hours in, Australian players can attend at noon when Lily might have to go to bed.

It appears Toadbert is leaving for vacation on the 26th, so if we could squeeze a 21st day, that would be great. Dippy has work late during this period, so he is more available as well. Discuss the 21st as well.

Preferred date: December 21st
Other suggested dates are: 26th, 27th, January 3rd & 4th

Any day from Dec. 21-23 and Dec 26-30 is good for me as long as it doesn't run too late. If it does start between 3 and 5 PM EST then that should be perfect, although if it starts at 3 PM on the 21st then I'll be a few minutes late because I get home from school at like 2:57-ish. As long as it doesn't go past 10 or 11 PM EST then it's probably fine.

Mariomario64 said:
Any day from Dec. 21-23 and Dec 26-30 is good for me as long as it doesn't run too late. If it does start between 3 and 5 PM EST then that should be perfect, although if it starts at 3 PM on the 21st then I'll be a few minutes late because I get home from school at like 2:57-ish. As long as it doesn't go past 10 or 11 PM EST then it's probably fine.
It will go past that time as long as people are still playing, but people who are up later will still attend, hopefully.

Mariomario64 said:

As I am too lazy to type, this will fit my wants fine.

Can't do 12/21

I'm good for the other dates though

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
Can't do 12/21

So the 22nd would be fine? Dippy may have to leave early because of work, but it should be fine.

22nd is fine for me. I also have preference to sooner dates than later because I have college application deadlines coming up starting January 1.

22nd is fine for me. I also have preference to sooner dates than later because I have college application deadlines coming up starting January 1.
People prefer before Christmas anyway. Looks like the 22nd is what we'll be doing, that or 23rd if we have to change it yet again.

Any day that isn't the 24th or the 25th will work fine for me. I just need a week in advance so my boss can adjust the work schedule to give me the day off.

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
yay picture
Which is totally awesome, by the way.

Can't do 12/21

Right, world ending and all.

Groden said:
Mariomario64 said:
It will go past that time as long as people are still playing, but people who are up later will still attend, hopefully.

So basically we don't have to stay the entire time; we can leave before that day of the tourney ends?

Groden said:
So the 22nd would be fine? Dippy may have to leave early because of work, but it should be fine.
if that's 22nd for you, then that'll likely be 23rd for me. I should be able to attend if it's early in the morning for me.

well look like that leaves enough room for practice.

I agree with the dates and I can assist in 24th or 25th if it's possible for people to arrive (which will be a bit unlikely).

Stooben said:
Any day that isn't the 24th or the 25th will work fine for me. I just need a week in advance so my boss can adjust the work schedule to give me the day off.
We'll try to make the 22nd work, but if we do need to change it, then we have another week.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Groden said:
if that's 22nd for you, then that'll likely be 23rd for me. I should be able to attend if it's early in the morning for me.
It begins at 7-9 AM in your time I believe, so yes, you should be able to come.

FireEevee said:
well look like that leaves enough room for practice.

I agree with the dates and I can assist in 24th or 25th if it's possible for people to arrive (which will be a bit unlikely).
I am avoiding Christmas, Eve, and Boxing Day because that is when people will almost guaranteed be too busy. Before all of them prevents interfering with any vacations, as well.

MCS said:
Groden said:
Mariomario64 said:

So basically we don't have to stay the entire time; we can leave before that day of the tourney ends?
Correct, you are by no means required to attend the entire event. I want the Veterans to be able to stay for the games, but if they have to leave on short notice, then we have planned backups who can play.

Back