Poll: Are you satsfied with the way the mafia community is run?

Are you satsfied with the way the mafia community is run?

• No, we need a system overhaul.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • No, we need to modify the system.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Yes, but it needs improvement.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Yes, it's perfectly fine.

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
Nabber said:
The schedule isn't a problem. Good things come to those who wait.
01908.gif

Nabber said:
Well, Uniju is saying that Turb didn't make a mafia that he wanted to sign up for because of the schedule.
Didn't we already cover this? I proved that the only reason Uniju hasn't played in the mafia he's calling Turb's mafia is because of the restrictive schedule. Now unless you can point out that my premises do not lead to their conclusions, a flaw in my premises, or an ambiguously defined term or proposition, you have not refuted my argument. Unless you can do this, the restrictive schedule is proven responsible for Uniju's non-participation in Turb's mafia.

Are you saying we should remove the schedule so Uniju can participate in Turb's mafia?

If that's the logical conclusion you draw from what I've proven, then yes.

Monobear said:
So let's logically analyze Nabber's position here:
(i'm sorry if i'm putting words into your mouth this is the only way i could get it to be logically valid so i could refute your premises. if what i've said is a poor statement of your position then go back and rethink your argument again)

Nabber's Position

Proposition: IF Turb should have asked to put her game on the schedule, IF Uniju had wanted to sign up for one of Turb's mafia games, THEN he would have signed up for Turb's completely themeless mafia back in February.
A = Turb should have asked to put her game on the schedule
S = Uniju had wanted to sign up for one of Turb's mafia games
W = Uniju signed up for Turb's completely themeless mafia back in February
1. A⊃(S⊃W)
i guess? the wording is ambiguous but otherwise i cant figure out where line 6 comes from

Monobear said:
Proposition: IF Turb had asked to have her game on the schedule AND Uniju had signed up for Turb's mafia, THEN Uniju would have been able to sign up for and play Turb's mafia.
B = Turb had asked to have her game on the schedule
O = Uniju would have been able to sign up for Turb's mafia
P = Uniju would have been able to play Turb's mafia
2. (B⋅W)⊃(O⋅P)

Monobear said:
Proposition: IF this mafia was the mafia Uniju was referring to, THEN Turb should have asked to have her put game on the schedule.
R = this mafia was the mafia Uniju was referring to
3. R⊃A

Monobear said:
Assumption: This is the mafia Uniju was referring to.
4. R

Monobear said:
Therefore: Turb should have asked to have her game put on the schedule
5. A (3,4 modus ponens)

Monobear said:
Therefore: IF Uniju had wanted to sign up for one of Turb's mafia game, THEN he would have signed up for Turb's completely themeless mafia back in February.
6. S⊃W (1,5 modus ponens)

Monobear said:
Therefore: Uniju would have been able to sign up for and play Turb's mafia.
7. O⋅P (does not follow)

Monobear said:
A Logical Refutation of Nabber's Position

Proposition: IF this is not the mafia Uniju was talking about, THEN Uniju would not have been able to sign up for and play Turb's mafia.
8. ∼R⊃∼(O⋅P)

Monobear said:
Proposition: IF this is not the game Uniju was talking about, THEN the only reason Uniju has not played in Turb's mafia is due to the restrictive schedule.
N = the only reason Uniju has not played in Turb's mafia is due to the restrictive schedule.
9. ∼R⊃N

Monobear said:
Fact: This is not the game Uniju was talking about.

Evidence:
Uniju said:
Nabber said:
That's not what I was talking about
10. ∼R

Monobear said:
Therefore: Turb should not have asked to have her game put on the schedule.
11. ∼A (3,10 fallacy of denying the antecedent)

Monobear said:
Therefore: The only reason Uniju has not played in Turb's mafia is due to the restrictive schedule.
12. N (9,10 modus ponens)

Monobear said:
Therefore: The rest of Nabber's argument is of indeterminable truth value, while the only reason Uniju has been robbed of the fun of playing in Turb's mafia is the restrictive schedule.
M = Nabber's argument is incomprehensible nonsense
13. M⋅N

Monobear said:
Quod Erat Demonstrum
so did i understand that right? because if i did you definitely have a problem in line 11

I'm still confused about what is going on, the past ten posts made little sense to me. Are you all arguing about whether the Mafia community is bad, because someone didn't get to participate in one mafia?

Makoto Naegi said:
*logic*
so did i understand that right? because if i did you definitely have a problem in line 11
unfortunately, i think you did

since there were so many conditional statements, i kept looking for a way to avoid winding up denying the antecedent and still have it make any sense at all, but i apparently failed at that

of course, i have no idea if i stated nabber's position correctly, so i can't really tell whether i needed to go through all that to begin with

(but seriously thank you for going through that, i thought i was going to have to get pi to look through it with me and figure out if i did it right)

well

youre welcome

it's much more fun than the kinds of logic problems i normally do, which not only involve letters of the alphabet i don't care for like ち, but also eschew obvious principles like modus ponens in favor of nearly useless ones that no human being could ever comprehend

Radagast the Brown said:
I'm still confused about what is going on, the past ten posts made little sense to me. Are you all arguing about whether the Mafia community is bad, because someone didn't get to participate in one mafia?

youre asking the question backwards

one person not getting to participate in one mafia wouldn't make the community bad

but the community being bad could cause one person to not get to participate in one mafia

that's what they're arguing about

Well if he doesn't want to participate, then that's fine, he doesn't have to, but if it's someone wont let him participate, then that guy should be fired.

Radagast the Brown said:
Well if he doesn't want to participate, then that's fine, he doesn't have to, but if it's someone wont let him participate, then that guy should be fired.
well, a lot of people ban users from their mafias if they've caused trouble in another mafia (Pyro, NSY) but that's unrelated to what I'm talking about. :P

Then I think some people need to learn a phrase called "Forgive and Forget"

If someone caused trouble in one mafia, then it's fine to kick them out of that one. But don't hold grudges in other mafias. That's just stupid.

Radagast the Brown said:

If someone caused trouble in one mafia, then it's fine to kick them out of that one. But don't hold grudges in other mafias. That's just stupid.
It should still be up to the host to choose who to let into the game and who to not let in, just like userfic authors can choose who to let in and who to not let in.

Not that we always do, but I've certainly decided who gets major roles based on quality of signup rather than whoever was first.

Dr. Javelin said:
Radagast the Brown said:

It should still be up to the host to choose who to let into the game and who to not let in, just like userfic authors can choose who to let in and who to not let in.

Not that we always do, but I've certainly decided who gets major roles based on quality of signup rather than whoever was first.
I decide randomly who gets the roles, much fairer that way.

NSY said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Radagast the Brown said:

I decide randomly who gets the roles, much fairer that way.
I use my personal bias to decide who gets what roles

Back