The official "Hi, I'm new here!" thread

so that's what your name means! i'll probably end up calling you lavender rather than luigi tbh

oh and, ness is just my display name, around here i'm actually known as stargazing (but everyone calls me star)

Although, I am curious about where you may remember me from - is it within these forums or somewhere else? I assure you, this is the first time I've visited here!

I think it was on the wiki. I might be confusing you with another person with Japanese characters as their name, though.

Roy Koopa said:
Although, I am curious about where you may remember me from - is it within these forums or somewhere else? I assure you, this is the first time I've visited here!

I think it was on the wiki. I might be confusing you with another person with Japanese characters as their name, though.

No, it's a different guy

The other guy with the Japanese characters on the wiki isn't Luigi's name, it's something different.

Then it is a different guy. Welcome aboard anyway, Luigi!

Oh, and don't be surprised if people refer to you as :luigi:.

Roy Koopa said:
Referring to people with smileys would get old fast.

I'll just call him Ruiji like Meta Knight did because I find it really clever.

Felicia said:
Roy Koopa said:

I wouldn't be surprised if people did, haha.

Also, I'm a girl, for the record!

ルイージ said:
Felicia said:
Roy Koopa said:

I wouldn't be surprised if people did, haha.

Also, I'm a girl, for the record!

Yay another female user with a male character name!

I'm Baby Luigi, and I'm a female too! :babyluigi:

Baby Luigi said:

Hey! I've seen you around! Nice to meet you officially.

Clearly, she's you from the future.

Does that mean Mario Boards is one big hub where different times intersect?

i'm from 3175, somehow we managed to split the earth in 8 parts and turn the ocean water into lava

the future sucks

Yo yo welcome to da Super Mario boards ルイージ!

kiCFlxX.gif

ルイージ said:
Howdy! I've read a few of your posts around the forums, and might I say I like a lot of them! While we disagree on some characters (most notably, Yoshi) I find that generally your point of view is nice and you always think of something new to add with all of your posts, which can be challenging in some cases.

I said this in another thread, but you're pretty much the reverse me when it comes to Mario and Luigi! Luigi's my favorite, while Mario sits pretty at second. I can't get enough of the Mario brothers in general. I'm one of those people who love their brotherly bond to bits and pieces and will write about and gush about it all day. Hopefully that places a clear picture in your mind where I am with this series, haha.
Yeah, it's rather unfortunate that I dislike Yoshi. I'm kind of... infamous around here for disliking Yoshi AND Wario. I actually dislike Yoshi, but Wario's another story. Thanks for the compliment about my posts, didn't know that.

I love Mario and Luigi and their relationship too! It's the reason Luigi sits at a very high position. I think the two look so adorable together, with their matching eyes and noses and nice little faces and their contrasting colors. I wish there is more game art of those two actually next to each other, like the Mario Golf Toadstool Tour as opposed to single art of Mario and Luigi, and Mario outnumbers Luigi 3 to 1 or something. I Interesting, Baby Luigi, who's my identical twin sister (which makes me female as well) used to love the crap out of Luigi, but it kind of faded in favor of Baby Luigi (the character) while I sort of filled in the void because I used to not like Luigi as much (I mean, I still like him, but only slightly). In the meantime, I used to really like Baby Mario and he almost usurped Mario's top position at one point for being my favorite, but that also faded away, and my sister just filled that void.

Striker Mario said:
Yeah, it's rather unfortunate that I dislike Yoshi. I'm kind of... infamous around here for disliking Yoshi AND Wario. I actually dislike Yoshi, but Wario's another story. Thanks for the compliment about my posts, didn't know that.

I love Mario and Luigi and their relationship too! It's the reason Luigi sits at a very high position. I think the two look so adorable together, with their matching eyes and noses and nice little faces and their contrasting colors. I wish there is more game art of those two actually next to each other, like the Mario Golf Toadstool Tour as opposed to single art of Mario and Luigi, and Mario outnumbers Luigi 3 to 1 or something. I Interesting, Baby Luigi, who's my identical twin sister (which makes me female as well) used to love the crap out of Luigi, but it kind of faded in favor of Baby Luigi (the character) while I sort of filled in the void because I used to not like Luigi as much (I mean, I still like him, but only slightly). In the meantime, I used to really like Baby Mario and he almost usurped Mario's top position at one point for being my favorite, but that also faded away, and my sister just filled that void.

Hey, you like what you like, right? I'm probably not gaining any favors for myself by admitting that I don't understand why Waluigi is so popular. I mean, I don't dislike him, but I think his lack of depth makes him uninteresting to me.

Absolutely! I could also always do with more brother hugs, too. I mean, obviously game art isn't going to be like that since they just put them in stock poses, but one can dream, right? Also, I'm basically the same with Mario - I like him so much because of his relationship with Luigi!

The babies are pretty cute, and you've got their sibling bond as well. I believe Baby Luigi goes in to rescue Baby Mario in Mario Super Sluggers! So it's not like your sister is missing out on much. ;)

By the way, thanks for the remaining welcomes, everyone!

ルイージ said:
Baby Luigi said:

Hey! I've seen you around! Nice to meet you officially.

Glad to meet ya

well my twin basically summed up things about me. I'm technically an ex-Luigi fan, but I had been loving Baby Luigi for well over a decade ago, so it's a really long time ago that he stopped being an absolute favorite of mine. However, the Luigi-likeness still exists in me, because that's how I even loved Baby Luigi in the first place, because he was a form of Luigi. Mario and Luigi as babies are reallllly cute, sorry about that adult dudes!

For the Waluigi thing, I dunno, I think he strikes some pretty fabulous poses and I like some of his winning and losing quotes. He's just hilarious to beat up.

Baby Luigi said:
Glad to meet ya

well my twin basically summed up things about me. I'm technically an ex-Luigi fan, but I had been loving Baby Luigi for well over a decade ago, so it's a really long time ago that he stopped being an absolute favorite of mine. However, the Luigi-likeness still exists in me, because that's how I even loved Baby Luigi in the first place, because he was a form of Luigi. Mario and Luigi as babies are reallllly cute, sorry about that adult dudes!

For the Waluigi thing, I dunno, I think he strikes some pretty fabulous poses and I like some of his winning and losing quotes. He's just hilarious to beat up.

No, it makes sense, baby faces are always the most adorable. I just have a hard time character analyzing babies as opposed to adults. ;P

Waluigi's got some nice lines, but that's really not enough to keep my interest in a character. I don't hate him, though!

The3rdiceclimber said:
Hey, I'm a HUGE Mario fan.

Favorite Mario Game: Super Mario RPG (also my favorite game of all time).

Favorite Mario Character: :wario:

Name: Justin

Hi, Ice Climber #3. I'm Roy, and we're almost the same age and almost share a birthday (mine was yesterday).

Huh, never knew there was a third ice climber.

So Popo, Nana, and Justin? :P

But seriously folks, welcome to the forums. I'm Magikrazy as you can tell. Take off your jacket. Stay awhile. Have fun.

Welcome (with bibbangs) to the Super Mario Boards, Iceethree. Or whatever would be a variation of The3rdiceclimber that rolls off the tongue well. I'm NEXandGBX, but most refer to me as Nex. Enjoy your stay!

By the way, we'd rather not have you climb up on top of Icemario. He isn't a mountain. :yoshi:

Yo yo welcome to da Super Mario boards The3rdiceclimber!

kiCFlxX.gif

Waluigi is my favorite, but Wario's cool too :wario:

The3rdiceclimber said:
Hey, I'm a HUGE Mario fan.

Favorite Mario Game: Super Mario RPG (also my favorite game of all time).

Favorite Mario Character: :wario:

Name: Justin

howdy.

Hey all! I'm not exactly new - I think I registered here in 2009. But I've been on hiatus for years. I was a lurker then, and honestly I'm still a lurker now. But we'll see :)

My favorite characters are Koopa and Yoshi, then I was obsessed with Rosalina for a few years. But Yoshi's back to being my favorite!

Back