Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Count Mario said:
Sayaka Maizono said:
The main villain is obviously Sticker King. And to continue to trend, Mario will be possessed and Kersti will reveal her true human form. You will battle the final boss of the game with her.

^Grade A Plot Material^
Those elements totally weren't in Super Paper Mario.

PM: Bowser is the final boss
PMTTYD: Peach is possessed
SPM: Luigi is possessed/part of the final boss
PMSS: It only makes sense for Mario to be possessed

(Also don't take me seriously, I'm only joking.)

Sayaka Maizono said:
Count Mario said:
Sayaka Maizono said:
The main villain is obviously Sticker King. And to continue to trend, Mario will be possessed and Kersti will reveal her true human form. You will battle the final boss of the game with her.

^Grade A Plot Material^
Those elements totally weren't in Super Paper Mario.

PM: Bowser is the final boss
PMTTYD: Peach is possessed
SPM: Luigi is possessed/part of the final boss
PMSS: It only makes sense for Mario to be possessed

(Also don't take me seriously, I'm only joking.)
Actually, I was going along with it. I didn't mean to act like I took it seriously.

Partners unfortunately look dimmer & dimmer. Plot seems to harken back to original PM a bit as well. Oh well, at least the battle system has somewhat reverted

Title may be terrible, but at least Peach doesn't seem to get kidnapped in the story. Unless she was turned into the paper crown

RandomGuy said:
Title may be terrible, but at least Peach doesn't seem to get kidnapped in the story. Unless she was turned into the paper crown

Stop saying the title is terrible, I said it's better than "Paper Mario 3DS" or heck, Mario Kart 7. At least they were original with the title names, so give credit for them for that, especially considering that Nintendo loves giving numbered titles lately

Waddle Dee said:
Mario's Super Sticker Collection
On the day of the annual Sticker Fest, Bowser decides to pull a prank and scatters six Royal Stickers across the land. To retrieve these mysterious, magical stickers, which are now stuck onto Bowser and his underlings, Mario sets off on an adventure with Kersti, a sticker fairy, visiting prairies, deserts, forests, snowy mountains and volcanoes around the world.
Bowser's finally the main villain again! Or so we think...
RandomGuy said:

So where's the annual Sticker Fest being held? If it's in Msuhroom Kingdom again, I'd love to know why this instruction didn't mention other main characters to go with Mario (or formula bugs again?).

This may sound dumb, but I really liked how Paper Mario juxtaposed a normal Mario plot with the silly paper art design. It was nice that they didn't call much attention to it, it was just sort of there; it was funnier that way. I'm not liking how much they're really shoving the paper theme in our faces with newer games.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
This may sound dumb, but I really liked how Paper Mario juxtaposed a normal Mario plot with the silly paper art design. It was nice that they didn't call much attention to it, it was just sort of there; it was funnier that way. I'm not liking how much they're really shoving the paper theme in our faces with newer games.
I have to agree with this. PM1, PM2, and SPM all used the paper theme either as visual elements or minor gameplay bits. This game just seems heavy-handed on the paper.

I think I'm alot more interested in this now. Before, I didn't really get excited at all, but it's looking great now.

Crackin355 said:
I think I'm alot more interested in this now. Before, I didn't really get excited at all, but it's looking great now.
I agree using stickers to attack enemies sounds very interesting, maybe you might get a limited supply of stickers.

I never made a thread called "Bitch about PMSS's title and gameplay mechanics!". I want this to be a discussion thread.

Yeah, I'm a little worried.

1. Pull a prank? Bowser's just pulling a prank? Unless he's using the stickers as some sort of power source (like Power Stars in the 3D titles), that sounds like the lamest plot ever, even by Mario standards.
2. Only 6 worlds this time?

There's obviously not going to only be 6 worlds. And "prank" is just a plot description.

I hope we get more original partners than what we got. I mean a chain chomp and green toad are lame. I want more characters with story and originality like Bobbery, Vivian, and Flurrie.

Baby Luigi said:
RandomGuy said:

Stop saying the title is terrible, I said it's better than "Paper Mario 3DS" or heck, Mario Kart 7. At least they were original with the title names, so give credit for them for that, especially considering that Nintendo loves giving numbered titles lately

I like the name..

Its just there are alot of paper mario fanboys.

New Super Mario said:
I hope we get more original partners than what we got. I mean a chain chomp and green toad are lame. I want more characters with story and originality like Bobbery, Vivian, and Flurrie.
Well, we've never had a toad helper since SMB2 so this should be interesting

New Super Mario said:
For all you know that Chain Chomp could be a former Drug Lord trying to redeem himself in the eyes of his daughter, and that Toad could be a former war vet just trying to feel useful again.

Back