Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

If it ends, at least end it on a good note. At this point I'd accept a series finale for Paper Mario that finally returns to the style of Thousand Year Door and has Dream Team's level of fanservice to the past games. If it ends after CS or another uninspired disappointment, as someone who adores PM for the first 3 games I'd be saddened.

I got a better idea. How about we forget the cheap fanservice and they just make some good ass games?

I don't see how Color Splash can still be called a disappointment when people were hating on it from the very beginning, and it still managed to crank out a pretty good game with some funny writing and some semblance of a darker story (in comparison to Sticker Star). The only thing it fails in is the lack of diversity in characters, but we already knew that from the trailers, so I don't see how that would be a disappointment. Was anybody's hopes for the next Paper Mario really that high after Sticker Star of all games?

Magikrazy said:
I don't see how Color Splash can still be called a disappointment when people were hating on it from the very beginning, and it still managed to crank out a pretty good game with some funny writing and some semblance of a darker story (in comparison to Sticker Star). The only thing it fails in is the lack of diversity in characters, but we already knew that from the trailers, so I don't see how that would be a disappointment. Was anybody's hopes for the next Paper Mario really that high after Sticker Star of all games?
"Better than expected" isn't necessarily "good" or "acceptable" or even "eh".

Magikrazy said:
and some semblance of a darker story

Implying thats automatically a good thing.

I mean color splash was a far better game but I wouldn't say thats something of note for why.

Magikrazy said:
Was anybody's hopes for the next Paper Mario really that high after Sticker Star of all games?
I think people thought that they expected the developers to learn their mistakes after Sticker Star, their experiment, and they were disappointed that it got virtually a sequel rather than a successor to Thousand-Year Door.

Mcmadness said:
I got a better idea. How about we forget the cheap fanservice and they just make some good ass games?

I want a good ass Baby Luigi game.

Time Turner said:
"Better than expected" isn't necessarily "good" or "acceptable" or even "eh".
Well no, but wouldn't calling it a disappointment mean that it performed worse than expected?
Mcmadness said:
Magikrazy said:
and some semblance of a darker story

Implying thats automatically a good thing.

I mean color splash was a far better game but I wouldn't say thats something of note for why.
I know that and you know that, but I just noted that because many were clamoring for it and it delivered without going over the top.

I don't think that's too unpopular. The track is bland and annoying to race on.

Princess Zelda said:
Wii Dry Dry Ruins is my favorite desert racetrack

I agree with you on that one. I think it's probably the most interesting, of the ones I've played, at least.

I think Mario Party 5 is marginally worse. Mario Party 4 is okay, it's just that there is too much emphasis on the goddamn Mini Mushroom sometimes.

Mario Party 4 has the best spinner in the series. Those flashing character heads always crack me up for some reason.

DK Pass > both of those imo because not only is it a really fun track, it also has literally nothing to do with DK at all!

There is also a big Mario snowboarding statue there and it makes it seem like a non-Mario circuit Mario track I've wanted for a while now.

LeftyGreenMario said:
There is also a big Mario snowboarding statue there and it makes it seem like a non-Mario circuit Mario track I've wanted for a while now.
I was recently thinking about that. The only thing DK about DK Summit is the giant Barrel Cannon at the beginning.

J-Yoshi64 said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
I was recently thinking about that. The only thing DK about DK Summit is the giant Barrel Cannon at the beginning.

Right, just latched on to what DK Summit is (DK Snowboard Cross). Doesn't his face appear on the start line and the DK logo on the big screen sometimes too?

Warioware ruined Wario.

Back