V2W: MLP: FiM Season 2 - FLUTTERSHY WINS!

Re: V2W: MLP: FiM Season 2 (Round 1:OT, Redheart vs Mayor, Peewee vs Mulia)

Featherweight: 4
Cadence: 3

Nurse Redheart: 1
Mayor: 7

Peewee: 4
Mulia Mild: 2

To be fair, Cadence technically didn't appear until the second half of the 2-parter. So she did get the same amount of time as everyone else for development.

She had the same amount of development in 22 minutes that Featherweight had in 1 minute (their special talent and some minor interactions with other characters). That says something. And she knew about the Changelings because they attacked and captured her. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

How does Featherweight have the same amount of development time? He got his cutie mark? He got the job as the new editor at the ending? For most of the episode he was just the camera pony.

Cadence has the flashback given in Part 1 to tell us that she was a babysitter that Twilight thinks of fondly. In which we're given that she probably cares alot about kids and probably a special relation with Twilight and her special talent. Which is why Twilight starts getting suspicious when "Cadence" starts acting rather mean to her and her friends.

In Part 2, they had to have Twilight and Cadence escape the caves, introduce the Changelings, Include a climatic action scene, have the Changelings defeated, and a happy ending. It's not easy to fit in extra character development when all that was going on too.

We're still not given alot. But other then Featherweight's Cutie Mark and that he gains the job at the end no doubt from being a big contributor to a school newspaper. I don't see how they have the exact same time of development considerably.

Cadence: 4

Cadence: 5

Northern Verve said:
How does Featherweight have the same amount of development time? He got his cutie mark? He got the job as the new editor at the ending? For most of the episode he was just the camera pony.

Cadence has the flashback given in Part 1 to tell us that she was a babysitter that Twilight thinks of fondly. In which we're given that she probably cares alot about kids and probably a special relation with Twilight and her special talent. Which is why Twilight starts getting suspicious when "Cadence" starts acting rather mean to her and her friends.

In Part 2, they had to have Twilight and Cadence escape the caves, introduce the Changelings, Include a climatic action scene, have the Changelings defeated, and a happy ending. It's not easy to fit in extra character development when all that was going on too.

We're still not given alot. But other then Featherweight's Cutie Mark and that he gains the job at the end no doubt from being a big contributor to a school newspaper. I don't see how they have the exact same time of development considerably.

The problem is that they tried to do in 44 minutes what should have been done in 80 or 90 minutes; however, I don't blame the writers. Little girls love princesses and weddings, so this was probably ordered by Hasbro and stuck on at the end. If they're so important to Twilight, Shining Armor should at the very least have been introduced before the finale. Featherweight and Cadence have the same development in that their special talent was given (photography & power of love, which might I add is sort of dopey and G-3 like).

The problem with both characters, but more apparent with the more prominent Cadence, is that both are less characters of their own and more plot devices; Featherweight as the usurper of Diamond Tiara, and Cadence as Shining Armor's fiance and the object of conflict between the Changelings and Equestria. Though the finale has some great things about it--the songs (other than the last one), the various cameos, and the fight scene--it seemed too much like a fan fiction that was written after the author watched a Disney movie. The best thing about Season 2 has been the somewhat more hands-off approach of Hasbro (note the lack of EI) on the episodes (other than the Derpy fiasco, which doesn't really matter as long as you have Youtube, and the finale); hopefully that trend will continue, and hopefully the show can survive without Faust on board at all.

shit, sorry, I've been busy tonight and also just plain forgot x_X

at any rate, Cadence, Mayor, and Peewee all move on.

Octavia (popular background pony) vs Cherry Jubilee. (owner of Cherry Hill Ranch)
Bon Bon (popular background pony) vs Flim. (Flam's brother)

Octavia_id2.jpg
VS
150px-Cherries_Jubilee.png

250px-Bon_Bon_id.png
VS
201px-Ponies_surrounding_Flim_S2E15.png

Octavia: 0
Cherry Jubilee: 0

Bon Bon: 0
Flim: 0

Northern Verve said:

It's not necessarily that. He got more development per capita then Cadence got. He may have only got about 2 minutes of development for roughly 10 minutes onscreen, but Cadence got 2 in roughly 33. Something is seriously wrong.

Northern Verve said:
Cadence has the flashback given in Part 1 to tell us that she was a babysitter that Twilight thinks of fondly[...]

Exposition is not the same as development.

Northern Verve said:
In Part 2, they had to have Twilight and Cadence escape the caves,

Something that Twilight could have easily done alone by just teleporting the fuck out of there.

Northern Verve said:
introduce the Changelings, Include a climatic action scene, have the Changelings defeated, and a happy ending. It's not easy to fit in extra character development when all that was going on too.
Explain, then, the development of similar one-off characters like Gilda, Trixie, and Luna.

Northern Verve said:
See my first comment. IT'S PER CAPITA.

Octavia: 1

Bon Bon: 1

Re: V2W: MLP: FiM Season 2 (Round 1: Octavia vs Cherry Jubilee, Bon Bon vs Flim)

Octavia: 2

Octavia's a bit overrated, IMO, but I still like her more than Cherry Jubilee.

Bon Bon: 2

Bon Bon's a pretty cool background pony.

Re: V2W: MLP: FiM Season 2 (Round 1: Octavia vs Cherry Jubilee, Bon Bon vs Flim)

Flim: 1

Octavia: 2
Cherry Jubilee: 1

Flim: 2

And thank you for the backup, Toad. A Canterlot Wedding is perhaps the only episode I like less the more I think of it.

Well whatever. The match is over. And I guess I got what I wanted. I personally think Cadence and Shining Armor just wasn't that bad even if they were characters that weren't developed quite enough. And it is all just up to personal opinion.

I think they still made the couple likable enough through the 2 songs (B.B.F.F.F. and This Day Aria) and despite what little time they had to show them while still maintaining focus on Twilight, The Others, and Queen Chrysalis. And you don't.

I know full well that Cadence is more then likely going to lose in Round 2. But at least it's likely a more deserving character will beat her. I like Featherweight and all. But he's just not above Cadence IMO.

Octavia: 3
Cherry Jubilee: 1

Must vote for all music ponies.

Bon Bon: 3
Flim: 2

"Mine's got rocks in it."
- The pony of many voices

Northern Verve said:
Well whatever. The match is over. And I guess I got what I wanted. I personally think Cadence and Shining Armor just wasn't that bad even if they were characters that weren't developed quite enough. And it is all just up to personal opinion.

I think they still made the couple likable enough through the 2 songs (B.B.F.F.F. and This Day Aria) and despite what little time they had to show them while still maintaining focus on Twilight, The Others, and Queen Chrysalis. And you don't.

I know full well that Cadence is more then likely going to lose in Round 2. But at least it's likely a more deserving character will beat her. I like Featherweight and all. But he's just not above Cadence IMO.

I think they had a lot of potential, and I would have surely voted for Cadence if the episode was, say, a 3-parter. However, I don't take it too hard, since it's just too much to juggle the couple, the Mane Cast, and the villain in just 44 minutes while still having a round plot. Someone had to be sacrificed, and it was Shining Armor and Cadence. I hope they appear again just so we can get to know more about them.

Octavia and Bonx2 move on.

Twilight Sparkle (element of magic, main character) vs Garble. (dragon from Dragon Quest)
Lyra vs Golden Harvest. (both popular background ponies)

250px-Twilight_Sparkle_after_drying_herself_S1E03.png
VS
250px-Garble_grinning_S2E21.png

250px-Lyra_Heartstrings_id.png
VS
250px-Golden_Harvestid.png

[/quote]

Twilight Sparkle: 0
Garble: 0

Lyra: 0
Golden Harvest: 0

Re: V2W: MLP: FiM Season 2 (Round 1: Twilight vs Garble, Lyra vs Golden Harvest)

Twilight Sparkle: 1

Lyra: 1
Golden Harvest: 0

Re: V2W: MLP: FiM Season 2 (Round 1: Twilight vs Garble, Lyra vs Golden Harvest)

Twilight Sparkle: 3

way too easy.

Lyra: 2
Golden Harvest: 1

Lyra's cool and I barely know who GH is.

Well, I'm only familar with Spike and the 6 main ponies, but looking at GH reminds me of another background character of my MLP-esque show.

Twilight Sparkle: 4

Smasher said:
way too easy.

Lyra: 3
Golden Harvest: 1

Golden Harvest / Carrot Top is ok but the most I get from her is as a companion for Derpy in the "I emptied your fridge" comics. Lyra has those awesome and hilarious "Desire to be human and/or have hands" stuff

Twilight Sparkle: 5

Lyra: 4

Carrot Top: 1

Twilight Sparkle: 6

Lyra: 5
Carrot Top: 1

Re: V2W: MLP: FiM Season 2 (Round 1: Mr. Cake vs Soarin', Opal vs Applejack)

Twilight and Lyra move on.

Mr. Cake (owner of Sugarcube Corner along with Mrs. Cake) vs Soarin'. (one of the Wonderbolts)
Opalescence (Rarity's cat) vs Applejack. (live and works at Sweet Apple Acres, main character)

250px-Mrcakeid.png
VS
250px-Soarin%27_id.png

250px-Opalescence001.png
VS
250px-Applejack_S1E4.png

Mr. Cake: 0
Soarin': 0

Opalescence: 0
Applejack: 0

Back