Animal Crossing: New Leaf

started playing new leaf after 2 year hiatus

wtf no villagers moved out? well except for patty but i already know she's done for

i'm really surprised and really happy to see all my old animal buddies again

yeah villagers move out constantly if you play but hibernate if you don't
case in point: my town full of garbage and turb's town with all his favourite villagers

Peanut and Maple live in my town and that's really the only people I don't want to move (they were in my GCN turn since the beginning). Strangely enough Peanut will randomly show up in my house

Iron Man said:
Strangely enough Peanut will randomly show up in my house

that's because you're best friends with her.

keep doing her favors, she'll eventually give you her picture

Toy Chica said:
getting candy is so infuriating

also im an idiot somehow i sold my silver net and didnt even notice and now i just have no net

EDIT: I set up my egg set in the museum cause I spent too much time fighting the RNG to just pack it away forever.
OMG that has happened to me just recently. Why did they design the game so you can accidentally sell your items? I swear, I might end up selling a freaking gold item to that stupid pink alpaca.

that stupid giraffee came in my town today

I don't want to deal with her in the future so I sorta cheated and time-traveled back and forth between today and yesterday and passed all 4 fashion checks

luckily it wasn't too hard. all i needed was about two clothing in the style she wanted and no clashing styles.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't want to deal with her in the future so I sorta cheated and time-traveled back and forth between today and yesterday and passed all 4 fashion checks
fuck why didn't i think of doing that, i went through so much pain trying to get T&T emporium

Mario Party Σ said:
I swear, I might end up selling a freaking gold item to that stupid pink alpaca.
i've tried doing that, she gives you a warning before you can proceed (they're only worth 150 bells anyway)

Iron Man said:
Peanut will randomly show up in my house
KYLE USED TO DO THAT AS WELL AND THEN HE LEFT ME WHEN I STOPPED PLAYING

so yeah be careful because even villagers that you become best friends with can leave

well I finally unlocked the gold house renovations a few days ago but I'm not sure if I actually want to use them, it took forever to get my house to look the way that it does

not being able to order house parts from some kind of catalogue is a real pain

GBAToad said:

I don't like how some items you can't order from the catalog. Like, I think they should be always available once you "unlock" them

It's especially annoying when you tag someone via Streetpass and they have something you want

is it elise?

GBAToad said:
i've tried doing that, she gives you a warning before you can proceed (they're only worth 150 bells anyway)
Even when selling multiple items? Because I might mis-select it if I'm selling all those goliath, hercules, atlas, golden stags, sharks, whale sharks, elephant beetles, etc. and end up selling them.

Mario Party Σ said:
GBAToad said:
Even when selling multiple items?
yep so don't worry

Farina said:
Baby Luigi said:
is it elise?
Nah it's Shari. But a friend of mine has elise.
I'm not sure which one's worse.

Mario Party Σ said:
GBAToad said:
Even when selling multiple items? Because I might mis-select it if I'm selling all those goliath, hercules, atlas, golden stags, sharks, whale sharks, elephant beetles, etc. and end up selling them.
Sometimes I worry that I might do this one day.

Then... how did my silver watering can disappear?

And also, how can I get it back if it just vanishes like that? I mean, I have the gold watering can, but I like the silver one because the watering animation is faster.

Lumastar said:
Baby Luigi said:
GBAToad said:

I don't like how some items you can't order from the catalog. Like, I think they should be always available once you "unlock" them
Agreed.
I know. But this "mechanic" forces you to store those "rare" items and it's pretty stupid. And they didn't even bother to increase the storage size from the last few games, so... why???

Lumastar said:
Farina said:
Baby Luigi said:
is it elise?
Nah it's Shari. But a friend of mine has elise.
I'm not sure which one's worse.
I guess Shari is kind of nice. Elise has the stuck-up personality type.

Anyway, my game is having issues connecting to a server. And it's spitting out this error. What gives? My Internet, e-shop, etc. they have a full connection bar. Why New Leaf isn't cooperating with me?

Sometimes I keep rare items until I realize how much I really don't want them and I'm only keeping them because lol rarez

So I just sell them and end up regretting nothing.

Mario Party Σ said:
Then... how did my silver watering can disappear?

And also, how can I get it back if it just vanishes like that? I mean, I have the gold watering can, but I like the silver one because the watering animation is faster.
most silver items can definitely be sold, i thought you were talking about gold items soz

although I'm not sure if the silver watering can is able to be sold, it seems to be a one-time exclusive item just like the golden items

i haven't gotten it yet so i can't check

Mario Party Σ said:
Lumastar said:
Baby Luigi said:
GBAToad said:

Agreed.
I know. But this "mechanic" forces you to store those "rare" items and it's pretty stupid. And they didn't even bother to increase the storage size from the last few games, so... why???
hoping they increase the storage size in Animal Crossing U, I have literally 1/3 of my storage dedicated to rare items. absolutely painful when I'm trying to rearrange rooms but keep furniture i like

Lumastar said:
I used to hoard items, but then I hit the max and things got bad.

You could always put the items in letters and store them with your mail.
Sounds inconvenient, but, I do know that's an option.

GBAToad said:
hoping they increase the storage size in Animal Crossing U, I have literally 1/3 of my storage dedicated to rare items. absolutely painful when I'm trying to rearrange rooms but keep furniture i like
Or at least make EVERY item available in the catalogue. How you can't order some of them, but they show up anyway, it's ridiculous and borderline trolling.

Why is the freaking game unable to connect to the server? I could play with my friend yesterday. Now, it's error after error, and when it does connect, it spits out an error only a few minutes in. Is it because our dad changed the router or...? But, as I said, my Internet bar is there in the main screen and it's filled. Is it the update download at the title screen doing this? Ugh...

GBAToad said:
Mario Party Σ said:
Lumastar said:
Baby Luigi said:
GBAToad said:

Agreed.

Yeah, 180 slots in the closet is not enough at all, it should be something like 1000.

Back