Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the rules have been rewritten and revised numerous times, so I'm not 100% sure.

Sheep Man said:
I actually think Wayoshi did write that rule.

Also:

Sheep Man said:
SMB said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Garfield said:
Cool. Who created it anyway?
Wayo, I believe.
Seeing as it was posted by Wayo, that would make sense.
How does that make sense.
Oh, sorry, I must not have seen that question. o_O

Anyway, it is reasonable that since Wayoshi was the one who posted those rules, he might have made those rules. Considering how much power he held in that period of time (or so it seems), it would make sense that he had created the rule, or at least agreed to it.

Oh, ok. I thought you were trying to say something about his personality. :toad:

Misunderstanding on my part :P

Sheep Man said:
Oh, ok. I thought you were trying to say something about his personality. :toad:

Misunderstanding on my part :P
Ah. No, I think Wayoshi is a pretty cool guy.

And hey, we are only human... I know I've had my share of misunderstandings, so no hard feelings. :)

Blur said:
I removed it.
Shouldn't the rules say "(Updated 2/24/2010)" then?

Sheep Man said:
Blur said:
I removed it.
Shouldn't the rules say "(Updated 2/24/2010)" then?
Indeed they should.

I think that posts in the "Forum Games" board should count. Not trying to raise my post count here, but most of the responses in these games have a bit of thought put into them; and it is not Mindless Junk and the such. Just my two cents, though.

Ugozima said:
Yes, but what about games like "Gender Race" and stuff?

Then their post count will just go up.

I don't really even know why so many people care about post count. It's not the the amount of posts will get you anywhere. If there is anybody out there who really thinks they will be promoted for the number of their posts, well, then you are probably assuming wrongly, seeing as it is more of the content of your posts that will get you places.

That said, I don't see a problem with letting posts count in that board.

I never understood why posts in some boards don't go to your post count.
It's not a post count if it can't even count your posts.

Uniju said:
I never understood why posts in some boards don't go to your post count.
It's not a post count if it can't even count your posts.
Exactly. Post count is but a number, it's not like users get a prize for having a lot of posts. It is like people on the wiki trying to raise their edit count just to get promoted; it just doesn't work like that.

Actually, post counts are generally used as bragging rights (pretty much everywhere on the internet). Personally, I don't think they should count in forum games since someone could say "Look at the posts I've got!" when all they've been doing is just quickly posting numbers and other extremely short posts in Forum Games.

Nerdy Guy said:
Actually, post counts are generally used as bragging rights (pretty much everywhere on the internet). Personally, I don't think they should count in forum games since someone could say "Look at the posts I've got!" when all they've been doing is just quickly posting numbers and other extremely short posts in Forum Games.
Then make a rule against bragging about post counts on the forum. >__>

Quality of the posts is more important than quantity.

I'd rather have 50 well thought out posts than 1500 all from Forum Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back