Wii U

okay so you know what i just realized you could do

you could take the face from the exorcist, bring your brother, or sister, or parent or something into the room

hold down x, release and then

laugh hysterically as your relative/parental figure screams somewhat scared

The Undertaker said:
okay so you know what i just realized you could do

you could take the face from the exorcist, bring your brother, or sister, or parent or something into the room

hold down x, release and then

laugh hysterically as your relative/parental figure screams somewhat scared
Wii U, supporting pranks since 2012

Finally got around to setting up my Wii U, but the Internet wouldn't connect. I'm gonna ask my friend who's a wiz with computers and Internet connections. to come look at it. Also, what the Hell, it doesn't come with RCA connector! I had to use my Wii's to connect the Wii U! Which is fine, since the Wii U can play Wii games, but still, that's a pretty important thing to leave out of your Wii U package! AND I HAD THE DELUXE EDITION! If it were the basic edition, I'd... still be a little pissed, but I'm even more pissed about this!

Oh, and it's got this thing that connects the Pro Controller to the Wii U, but no actual Pro Controller. I guess it's nice, just in case I decide to get a Pro Controller, but you think that space would be better used to include an RCA connector, maybe?

Smashgoom202 said:
Finally got around to setting up my Wii U, but the Internet wouldn't connect. I'm gonna ask my friend who's a wiz with computers and Internet connections. to come look at it. Also, what the Hell, it doesn't come with RCA connector! I had to use my Wii's to connect the Wii U! Which is fine, since the Wii U can play Wii games, but still, that's a pretty important thing to leave out of your Wii U package! AND I HAD THE DELUXE EDITION! If it were the basic edition, I'd... still be a little pissed, but I'm even more pissed about this!

Oh, and it's got this thing that connects the Pro Controller to the Wii U, but no actual Pro Controller. I guess it's nice, just in case I decide to get a Pro Controller, but you think that space would be better used to include an RCA connector, maybe?

how do you use your wii's to connect a wii u

that makes no sense

The Undertaker said:
Smashgoom202 said:

that makes no sense
I don't know, but I made it happen. Also, I THINK the kind of connector I used was made to have a Wii game hook up to an HD TV, so that's why it worked. I don't know, I got the connector a while back and I'm no technical expert.

The Undertaker said:
Smashgoom202 said:

that makes no sense

Wii use red, yellow and white cables and Wii U use HDMI and he used Wii's cable to hook up Wii U

Wii U said:
The Undertaker said:
Smashgoom202 said:

that makes no sense

Wii use red, yellow and white cables and Wii U use HDMI and he used Wii's cable to hook up Wii U

that's what i did

but he's not talking about that

The Undertaker said:
Wii U said:
The Undertaker said:
Smashgoom202 said:

that makes no sense

that's what i did

but he's not talking about that
I'm not? What was I talking about?

Okay, so after my friend came over, bent over backwards and modified the encryption of our Internet so that the Wii U would actually CONNECT to it, then after the 6+ hours it took to download and update the Wii U (it kept disconnecting to the Internet), FINALLY I can start setting up some of the the supposedly awesome stuff the Wii U has to offer...

But first, I accidentally said the year was 2012 and not 2013. Before I go in and fix it, I just want to know: in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, you unlock Alex Kidd on Christmas Day of last year. Can I still unlock him even though that day has past? Is he even available on the Wii U version at all?

I feel like I've accomplished pretty much all the pre-"everything I need to do before I get into the Wii U" that I needed to get done, including joining the Nintendo Network and Miiverse, which is freaking awesome, BTW. It's like Facebook crossed with Xbox Live, only without the... well, you know. I feel like I'm going to use Miiverse a LOT.

BTW, my names "Smashmatt202", in case anyone wants to look out for me there.

I then decided to get into at least two the games I currently own: NintendoLand and New Super Mario Bros. U, both of which required an update before I started playing them. New Super Mario Bros. U needed 4 minutes, NintendoLand needed at least 30. Geez, man... I remember the days where you can immediately start playing stuff. But then again, I feel like, with Nintendo at least, these updates are only leading to benefit the player and not screwing them over like other game companies.

NintendoLand's really fun, played quite a few attractions and listened to Monita's explanations so I wouldn't have to do that when I invite a friend or two over to play this game eventually. I really like Takamaru's Ninja Castle, but my hands get cramped up while playing it... Maybe I just need to find the right position to play it. Also, Yoshi's Fruit Cart is another favorite of mine, and the Balloon Fight attraction is probably the closest thing to a sequel, other than Balloon Kid, the "series" is going to get, not to mention it's reached it's logical extreme here... Or HAS it?! Also played Donkey Kong's Crash Course (freaking hard as Hell, incidentally) and the F-Zero one (challenging, but I got the hang of it). F-Zero for the Wii U, MAKE IT HAPPEN! So many other little details I really liked, such as the music for each attraction and in general, plus the prizes are all fun to get, too.

New Super Mario Bros. U... Alright, I'll be honest, aside from the visuals, and the fact that the map screen is very reminiscent of the Super Mario World map (in which everything's connected and not just closed-off worlds), I wasn't that impressed, ESPECIALLY after finding out you couldn't hold an extra item while going through a level like you could in every other New Super Mario Bros. game plus Super Mario World. I have to admit, though, after playing it until the first boss fight against Boom Boom, I rather liked it... I think what I liked the MOST about it is that Mario can do a little twirl in the air to keep him in the air (with the Flying Squirrel Suit, he flies higher), and you can either flick the Gamepad to do this OR press the LZ or RZ buttons to do it! See, I like that, I like having the option to do one or the other, instead of awkwardly inserting and forcing players to go with the motion control one. It's all about the player's comfort while playing the game, not showing off what the Wii U can do, since we've SEEN what the Wii U can do! Also, the music is not that memorable, at all, even compared to the original New Super Mario Bros. soundtrack; hell quite a bit of it is just recycled from previous New Super Mario Bros. games. But at least, I feel like there's enough in it to make it feel like they put some actual effort into this one... just barely, I feel. I also like how apparently the final destination is Princess Peach's Castle, whereas usually it's the starting point.

So yeah, I'll probably tackle Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed tomorrow, and hopefully sort out that Alex Kidd issue.

Lakituthequick said:
Smashgoom202 said:
BTW, my names "Smashmatt202", in case anyone wants to look out for me there.
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=22264.0

I added you in Friendlist, you don't allow requests.
Alright, I'll go in and fix that.

So big time question for all you people that currently own the wii u.

Are any of you going to pick up the transformers prime game?

If any of you do, please let me know anything about it and your personal vies about it, as I'm quite curious about how good the game is.

Zae said:

If any of you do, please let me know anything about it and your personal vies about it, as I'm quite curious about how good the game is.
I'll have to watch more of the series first... What kind of game is it?

Smashgoom202 said:
Zae said:

I'll have to watch more of the series first... What kind of game is it?

It'll probably be a third person action and shooting game of some sorts, atleast thats how the show operates, and I'd imagine they go based on that.

Otherwise I'm not sure, since I kinda wanna be surprised when I play it.

I might be getting one around half term.

I want:
New Super Mario Bros. U (only for the challenges)
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transfromed (After hearing great things about, aside from the glitches)

I may get:
Nintendo Land (maybe at a lower price)
Assassin's Creed III (very Unlikely, parents might not let me even get it)

I just got Famicom version of Balloon Fighter demo for Wii U today and virtual console service is better than 3DS and Wii

Ness said:
I just got Famicom version of Balloon Fighter demo for Wii U today and virtual console service is better than 3DS and Wii
It's just emulation of a 20+ year old game, how can it be better?

Every single one of you should go to your nearest retailer and preorder The Wonderful 101, it looks amazing.

Back