The 'Shroom's Zeldamon Art Contest!

Zeon

Commander of Colony 9
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
FunkyK38
Welcome back to another contest, hosted by The 'Shroom! This time around, we want to see your best Pokemon art skills! What's your greatest Pokemon memory? Draw it for us and you could win some 'Shroom tokens! Post your entries here when you're finished with them so we can collect them for voting!

The official post with rules!
What’s your greatest Pokémon memory? Your first starter Pokémon? Maybe it was when you beat the Champion for the first time. Or how about that Shiny Gible you hatched after 468 eggs? Whatever it is, we’d like to see and hear about it! Draw it for everyone, and you could win some ‘Shroom tokens!

You don’t have to draw something from the main series games. Have a strong connection to one of the spin-offs? Maybe a favorite card in the TCG? A plushie that you absolutely adore? Do share! Tell us your story!

The official rules!

1. No size limit here. Feel free to make it as big/small as you like!

2. Any medium is accepted. Hand-drawn, computer generated, sprite work, game mods, comics, we'll take them all.

3. Your art must follow the guidelines in the Manual of Style to be accepted.

4. Your art should have an accompanying explanation of what it is. Give a paragraph or so explaining what's going on, what your inspiration was, etc. We'll be posting these in the voting, so keep it clean!

You also have until March 19th to submit your entries to the designated thread in the Fan Creations board on the forums. Voting will last another month after that.

Good luck to all artists, and happy creating!

Here's a link to the Manual of Style if you need it: http://www.mariowiki.com/MarioWiki:Manual_of_Style

Again, March 19th is your deadline. Best of luck, and here's to a great contest!

L5HvQuo.png

I first got into Pokemon in 3rd grade. I've had many memories with it, but I've found that the most enjoyable memories are when you are able to have moments with other people. Discussing that awesome Pokemon you found, sharing tips, trading with each other, battling, etc. Sure I've immersed in the story, but its more fun to play with friends. I also have many Pokemon cards, but without having people to trade with, it would be impossible to have the collection I do. So my inspiration was to thank all of you for being a part of my life. I was not able to fit everyone, but I want you all to know that you've given me lots of good memories.

y6ENNGr.png
Everyone remembers getting their starter Pokémon the first time they played any of the games. I fondly recall receiving my Piplup at the start of Pokémon Diamond, and how I trained him throughout my journey. He was so dear to me that I leveled him up to the highest extent, resulting in his evolution to Empoleon. I favoured him so much that his majestic Surf attack could easily knock out a high level grass type with ease. The absurdity of winning the grass gym battle in few moves delighted me, and I still have a place for Piplup in my heart, despite not having a home for the game any more.

The real challenge was creating a water surface with different colours, blending and transparency. It's also my first time drawing something detailed (e.g Empoleon), and adding shadow and highlights is my favourite part of making a picture. It was created in paint.NET from scratch, and I hope you enjoy!

oCstOxp.png
XGRJubk.png

I never had too many games when I was a kid, so once I finally got my hands on something it became a focus. At some point we got a Nintendo 64 from our neighbor. It had a couple of the standards: Goldeneye, Pokemon Stadium, Perfect Dark, some generic racing games, but what interested me the most was Pokemon Snap. I would play each course trying to perfect everything, try out every possibility, do everything you could possibly do in the game. There was one thing, though, that I thought was really fun..

Pester balls. And also lobbing apples at the pokemon, too, but mostly pester balls. It was massively entertaining for me to see pokemon just dawdling around only to be smacked with some noxious gas and end up doing something silly, or getting dizzy and flopping over. After running through a course normally I would go through it and just litter the entire map with pester balls. The best map though was Volcano because there was a point where the vehicle would be stopped and a bunch of Charmanders could be baited out with some apples, only for me to bombard them with hundreds of pester balls and apples and spending my entire roll of film on that. Every now and then my family would walk by and see this and think I was nuts or something.

Being silly with Pokemon Snap is a fond memory for me because it's what got me interested in photography. More than that, it was Professor Oak's bad taste in composition that drove me to go outside the game's boundaries and begin taking pictures in the real world.

It's technically two images but if it needs to be 1 for saving and reposting purposes I can easily change that

FINAL CALL FOR ALL ARTISTS!!

The contest will close this Saturday, March 19th! If you want to be included in the voting, be sure to get your entry posted to this board!

Posting here so I get updates and possibly remember to draw something

Asgore said:
Posting here so I get updates and possibly remember to draw something

If you do want to draw something, please remember that the deadlines for this contest and the music contest are different! This one is coming up quickly on Saturday.

*LAST DAY FOR POSTING ART*

Your entry must be in this thread no later than 11:59 p.m. EST tonight, March 19th, for it to be included in voting! No late submissions will be accepted, and voting will be open tomorrow!

Back