Tyrell Badd

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Gamefreak75
As the title says, this is a worldwide thing, not just in North America.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150120005357/en/Nintendo-Prepares-Discontinue-Club-Nintendo-Rewards-Program#.VL4PQy6Kaiw

End of an era. Still no word for what's going to replace (if something is to replace it). At least we got Flipnote Studio 3d in the end.

dont spend all your stars/coins yet because apparently they'll be adding more stuff until it's officially axed in June, but i'm not holding my breath on anything super special

well that sucks
i got a buncha coins this year too but everytime i check theres nothing really cool on sale, its always greeting cards or shit like nes games i already own and dont care for
i hope they have cool shit like that luigi figure again
maybe in june or february i guess
soon

i've heard the quality of rewards has gotten progressively worse over the years so i guess it kinda makes sense that they're getting rid of it? idk

Gamefreak75 said:
Still no word for what's going to replace (if something is to replace it).

taken from the article you linked
Nintendo of America will be announcing a new customer loyalty program at a later date.

also info for how they're planning to end it (dates, etc.) in europe
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=975497

Official notice: http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

there will be a replacement, and hopefully it has better items

Unless they add some cheaper items in the next few weeks, my 200 coins are going to waste.
Physical items are too expensive.
No longer have a 3DS and never had a WiiU.
:/

Chiaki Nanami said:
Nothing good was ever on the Aus site anyway
so true

I only registered last month for the Smash Bros promotion, but it still sucks I'm apparently coming in at the very end of the service.

Mario4Ever said:
I look forward to the replacement.
same, I wonder what they'll do

i have like more/less than 2000 stars. there should be better rewards in the next few months, including Australia, so i can spend all of my stars.

It's a shame for EU and AU to wait until the end of September for Flipnote Studio 3D.

I just checked my treasures list and the only thing I ever got was the OoT Soundtrack.

Which was free.

Loooolll...

Shame, but if the new thing is better, I'm ok with it.

If nothing else I can finally blow off all my coins without worry.

I have 5300 stars now, but there is nothing good at the moment. I hope there will be better things before September 30.

Nozomi Toujou said:
this sucks, but at least I got my cd and mewtwo before it shut down

Gamefreak75 said:
At least we got Flipnote Studio 3d in the end.
we did?

Yeah, upcoming free download.

wow

I'm actually sad to see this go because I've been using Club Nintendo since all the way back in 2007, even before they redesigned their website.

I've collected something like 12000 stars since then and I still have 3000 on my account :/

and I need like 200 more so I can buy the 800 Nintendo Points they have, too.

Also I can't even login on their website right now, probably they're run over by crazy people like me trying to secure their shit.

Well this is really disappointing. I had all these plans for Club Nintendo and how I could get more coins over time with games and stuff and now I have no use :( I'm really hoping the replacement is even better, though. And hopefully the rewards are much cheaper during the next couple of months or hopefully whatever digital games they may provide for free download like they did last year will be worth it.

Club Nintendo is the only place where I can find a detailed list of what I've spent my money on in the last 8 years.

Oh I've finally managed to log in.

And I'm still waiting for the Wii Fit sunglasses I've ordered in 2009.

WILL THEY COME IN BEFORE SEPTEMBER ENDS?

Back