Minecraft thread

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
My sister bought the PS3 version a while ago, and she loves it.

I play sometimes, too.

Our favorite seed to use is nineinchnails. What are yours?

Also, what else do you like/hate?

psh seeds

to date i've made three survival worlds, each pertaining to one of my computers. the first was on my macbook where i built an industrial-style building in the middle of some grasslands with glass and bricks and had a nice tram system and did exploring. the second one was a short-lived one where i built a nifty little fortress with a treasure room on top of a hill in the forest. the third one i've done way too much because i have way too much time in college and i've successfully managed to find a village, build a 2-brick thick wall around the whole thing, and capture zombie villagers and cure them to repopulate the town

minecraft is basically the game i play when i want to relax and yet still feel like i've accomplished something (which is the primary thing i look for in games). in dota, accomplishment comes from pulling off some crazy kills and just barely escaping or something like that. in minecraft, accomplishment comes from deciding that i'm going to create a gatehouse with redstone wiring for the gate

also creepers aren't the most annoying thing in minecraft. the most annoying thing in minecraft is the random blocks of lava stuck in netherrack that kill me when i'm just trying to dig a tunnel for my nether portal network

whoever designed that can be gleefully smug in the knowledge that i've lost at least one and a half full loads of items thanks to those stupid random lava blocks

The only thing i've ever done was build a pit and fill it with chickens

I have only pretty much watched my brother play Minecraft since he is much better at it (and like half my age which irritates me), and his thing is finding abandonded mineshafts, which yeah are pretty cool. So freaking cave spiders though are insanely vicious and aggressive. And he other thing is going into the Nether, which I would never be able to do because of all the different mobs that freak me out, namely the Ghasts. Speaking of mobs that freak me out, I more or less am absoluely terrifieed of Enderman.

At night, I'm afraid of everything. Every fucking thing. 3 times now I dug a hole in the ground and hid in it.

Seto Kaiba said:
I have only pretty much watched my brother play Minecraft since he is much better at it (and like half my age which irritates me), and his thing is finding abandonded mineshafts, which yeah are pretty cool. So freaking cave spiders though are insanely vicious and aggressive. And he other thing is going into the Nether, which I would never be able to do because of all the different mobs that freak me out, namely the Ghasts. Speaking of mobs that freak me out, I more or less am absoluely terrifieed of Enderman.
oh god not cave spiders

those are one of the only mobs which can still kill me because poison goes through armor

but yeah the most dangerous enemy in the nether is actually lava. ghasts have no health and if you have a bow you can easily kill them

and endermen are neutral unless you look at them so just don't look at them

The most dangerous mobs are sure Wither Skeletons, though they are kinda rare.. The most annoying enemy is the Creeper, because once I was building an underground farm, I was sure to light the place enough, but somehow a creeper came and exploded on me, destroying half my work and many torches, which let some skeletons and zombies spawn.. Killing me in about a minute.

I have 2 worlds, the first was created in June this year, it's my main world, I have around 16 blocks of diamonds, 63 blocks of Gold (lots of farms and lots of travels to oceans monuments), 42 blocks of Iron (it's ironic to have more gold blocks than Iron, that's because all of them are mining resources.. no farms)

The second world is pretty recent, just 2 months ago.. I have terrible luck in that world for some reasons.

I have 360 and i was Mining
for ore, i found a coal block and
found a creeper in back of it
and i jumped so HIGH in Fear

Creepers can give you a Scare...

Iggy Koopa7777 said:

well naturally, ugly things are quite creepy

Zae Eildus said:
Iggy Koopa7777 said:

well naturally, ugly things are quite creepy
I saw a creeper spining in Minecraft, so wierd

I first played Minecraft during that one weekend in Alpha where the server wasn't validating accounts properly so everyone got to play multiplayer for free. Got hooked and bought it the moment the validation server was back. Mobs didn't work in multiplayer back then, ahhh, those were the days.

I made the Sprout Tower from Pokemon a few times but the servers kept dying before I could get the pillar thing to move, rip.

I've got a friend who plans out all her buildings in 1p creative mode, then jumps on servers and builds them all over the place. I'd probably do the same if I had that kind of patience.

Yui Hirasawa said:
I first played Minecraft during that one weekend in Alpha where the server wasn't validating accounts properly so everyone got to play multiplayer for free. Got hooked and bought it the moment the validation server was back. Mobs didn't work in multiplayer back then, ahhh, those were the days.

I made the Sprout Tower from Pokemon a few times but the servers kept dying before I could get the pillar thing to move, rip.

I've got a friend who plans out all her buildings in 1p creative mode, then jumps on servers and builds them all over the place. I'd probably do the same if I had that kind of patience.
you should join turb's server sometime

and yeah i do that, i built a manor in creative mode to get it right and then built it on the server

Javelin, sometimes it says you're playing the "non-Steam game" Minecraft. Does that mean that you hooked Minecraft up to Steam? I'm seriously lost.

when the steam window is open, at the bottom left corner there's a "+ add a game" button. from there you can click "add a non-steam game" and choose a program

the program will then appear in your steam library and you can run it from there

the list of programs it pulls up is from program files, so if you want a run a program that may or may not be there (e.g. minecraft) you'll have to browse around to find the executable

Recently got back into Minecraft after losing interest for about a year or so, creative mode just doesn't appeal to me now as I have no patience to actually build stuff (when I used to play creative I would just get new ideas all the time and my worlds were just random stuff lying around. I had a survival world which I made huge progress on (with cheats), but that's now lost on my ancient desktop.

Stargazing said:
so you still technically have to pay for a minecraft account
uh, yeah

just because i didn't buy minecraft through steam doesn't mean i didn't pay for it elsewhere

Javelin said:
Stargazing said:
so you still technically have to pay for a minecraft account
uh, yeah

just because i didn't buy minecraft through steam doesn't mean i didn't pay for it elsewhere

sounds pretty silly

Back