What was the last book you read?

I, Robot. Not that impressed. More random stories than actual plot. Now I'm reading Something Wicked this Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. I'm loving it so far. I kind of reminds me of Needful Things by Stephen King.

I've recently taken to reading short stories as I don't have much time for full-fledged books right now.

The last one of those I read was The Lottery by Shirley Jackson. It's pretty messed up but a good read, though.

Twilight (The New Prophecy.) Warriors ROCKS!

DragonFreak said:
Something Wicked this Way Comes
We had to do a whole creative writing piece on that.

I can't remember fully, but it was one of Clarkson's collections

DragonFreak said:
I, Robot. Not that impressed. More random stories than actual plot.

They aren't random stories. Each one illustrates a different effect/consequence of intelligent robots interacting with human society or aspects of human society and serves to sort of explain how the world got to the state it's in at the end of the book, with the robots making major decisions for our species. Did you see the movie first and expect something like that?

The Gunslinger by Stephen King

Mario4Ever said:
DragonFreak said:
I, Robot. Not that impressed. More random stories than actual plot.

They aren't random stories. Each one illustrates a different effect/consequence of intelligent robots interacting with human society or aspects of human society and serves to sort of explain how the world got to the state it's in at the end of the book, with the robots making major decisions for our species. Did you see the movie first and expect something like that?
I have not seen the movie, although I reckon they made it more continuous. I know they aren't exactly random stories. It's just that I'd rather like it be more continuous. Just a style difference in interest. Other than that, it wasn't too bad.

I'm reading through the Lord of the Rings at the moment. On The Two Towers at the moment. Finished The Fellowship of the Ring 2 weeks ago. I'm loving it.

To Kill a Mockingbird
Just started part two.

Yoshidude99 said:
I'm reading through the Lord of the Rings at the moment. On The Two Towers at the moment. Finished The Fellowship of the Ring 2 weeks ago. I'm loving it.
omg let me love you

I'm reading Brave New World (1/3 through), Scorched Earth (2/3 through) and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (barely started).

I'm currently reading through LOTR: Fellowship of the ring.

Once i'm done I have the other two books to read and then 4 Mass Effect books.

Recently I've read the Hobbit and The Most Dangerous Game.

For college, I had to read Property as that is one of the books we are doing for English.
As a book itself, I didn't really like it, mostly because most the characters annoyed me in one way or another and I didn't like Manon's perspective on everything, I really hoped that she had some sort of apithiny about how slavery was wrong and she was living in denial, but no. However, the writing is pretty interesting and there is a lot to analyse in the exam like the use of pronouns and imagery. Plus the fact that part of the story was based on Ellen and William Craft the runaway slaves

Wow, I didn't know there are people here who actually don't find reading as a torture method...

I read more TKAM. It's like one of those books you just can't put down.

Well, I was reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the 50th time. I like rereading Harry Potter, you always find something you miss.

Just finished Brave New World, nearly done with Scorched Earth and have yet to really start The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

Back