• Waluigi time!

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Hi I'm Daisy!

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
[quote author=Saltman]
*every post in this thread*
[/quote]
You're not doing much to get Daisy fans to get along with you.

True, but the language you use just seems so hostile.

Me, I find Waluigi's nasal voice unappealing, and I came to view the constant string of "waaaa" from the fans to be a stale punchline meant to promote him. The idea of looking up to someone who prides himself on cheating doesn't sit well with me.

I like Daisy not for her voice, but that she is cheerful and positive, even when taking 2nd or 3rd place. Her Double Dash quote for those placements are actually what got me to start liking her way back in the day (ironically enough). I'm not really a fan of the "Hi I'm Daisy" meme though, and I wish Nintendo would cranking up the volume on old voice clips. She wasn't this loud in the GCN era, especially not in Mario Party 6 and 7.

Yes, Daisy is loud, but I made a decision a few years to hate a character for a reason that I wouldn't hate a real person, such as their voice. For this reason, I no longer dislike Waluigi for his voice.

i am not crazy for neither but i play as Daisy and not as Waluigi so i kinda would go towards her ... then again character wise ultimately Daisy is way worse , like waaaaaay worse than Waluigi and this is because the whole point of her is to be annoying, there's nothing else. At least Waluigi is kinda funny to play against and doesn't have this ear raping voice.

both are equally bad but Waluigi is the lesser evil by popular opinion i would say ... though personally i would put them both in the same category.

Snow J said:
True, but the language you use just seems so hostile.

Me, I find Waluigi's nasal voice unappealing, and I came to view the constant string of "waaaa" from the fans to be a stale punchline meant to promote him. The idea of looking up to someone who prides himself on cheating doesn't sit well with me.

I like Daisy not for her voice, but that she is cheerful and positive, even when taking 2nd or 3rd place. Her Double Dash quote for those placements are actually what got me to start liking her way back in the day (ironically enough). I'm not really a fan of the "Hi I'm Daisy" meme though, and I wish Nintendo would cranking up the volume on old voice clips. She wasn't this loud in the GCN era, especially not in Mario Party 6 and 7.

Yes, Daisy is loud, but I made a decision a few years to hate a character for a reason that I wouldn't hate a real person, such as their voice. For this reason, I no longer dislike Waluigi for his voice.

So... you don't like Wario then?

Also a lot of Mario characters are cheerful and positive. What does Daisy do that the others don't?

Saltman said:
So... you don't like Wario then?
Yeah.
Saltman said:
Also a lot of Mario characters are cheerful and positive. What does Daisy do that the others don't?
Good question. Thinking on it, I think it's more the result of taking such a liking to her so early on in my life (I think I was 7 or 8 ) and that attachment just kinda stuck. You know how you just love a character and everything they do? That might be what's going on here.
Amusingly I think a contributing factor back then was that she was a girl who didn't wear pink (I was in THAT stage of life when pink was supposedly the worst color ever, but I've since grown out of it and now think all colors can be good except for dark RGB yellows).

This has been a good opportunity of self-reflection. I'm not going to change the rankings of my three favorite characters (1 is Yoshi, 2 is Daisy, and 3 is Toad), but it's at least good to know where it started and how it got to the now.

Daisy's voice is loud and overpowering and people find it annoying, but I always found it more hilarious and somehow adds a bit more personality when she's around.

Back