Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

3D Player 2004

Your local Luigi, Daisy, Yoshi, and Diddy Kong fan
Banned User
  • With the exception of Animal Crossing, all 1st and 2nd Party Franchises worthy of Smash Bros representation in the form of playable characters were represented by playable characters already.
  • Cuts are not always a bad thing and it depends on the character in question.
  • The Mario and Pokemon franchises have easily earned 7 Characters by this installment.
  • The Donkey Kong and Kirby franchises have earned 4 characters by this installment.
  • The Zelda franchise has earned 5 Characters by this installment.
  • Daisy had earned enough merit by Brawl to have should have been included there as playable.
  • Waluigi has earned enough merit by this installment to should have been included here as playable and should always have been lumped into the Wario franchise.
  • Fire Emblem only deserves 1 rep.

We already have this Thread, but it is really buried, so w/e.

I feel like Smash 4 for the 3DS will be much better than Wii U version.

I'm okay with 75M
I'd be okay with both Ness and Lucas not returning

Kart Player 2008 said:
  • With the exception of Animal Crossing, all 1st and 2nd Party Franchises worthy of Smash Bros representation in the form of playable characters were represented by playable characters already.
XenoBlade and Rhythm Heaven I think are worthy enough to have characters.
Cuts are really only made due to time contraints. If sakurai had his way no one would be cut. There's honestly no reason to cut characters.
  • The Mario and Pokemon franchises have easily earned 7 Characters by this installment.
Eh. That sounds like a little much.
  • The Donkey Kong and Kirby franchises have earned 4 characters by this installment.
I agree.
It will have five. Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link. there's still a chance for another one.
  • Daisy had earned enough merit by Brawl to have should have been included there as playable.
Your crush on daisy has gotten out of hand.
  • Waluigi has earned enough merit by this installment to should have been included here as playable and should always have been lumped into the Wario franchise.
Let's wait until he actually appears in some Wario games.
I will admit that four is a little much for FE. Three would have been perfect. One is far too little.

Hackmon said:
Can I ask why? Aside from portability, what does the 3DS have over the Wii U version?

Duskull said:
I'd be okay with both Ness and Lucas not returning
Why should Earthbound get no representation whatsoever?

It should have representation, but I'd be fine if it didn't.

GalacticPetey said:
Hackmon said:
Can I ask why? Aside from portability, what does the 3DS have over the Wii U version?
I love the stages. Yeah I know they are all gimmicky, but I like the gimmicky ones. Plus, I predict that Smash Run wiill be really, really fun.

GalacticPetey said:
Kart Player 2008 said:
  • With the exception of Animal Crossing, all 1st and 2nd Party Franchises worthy of Smash Bros representation in the form of playable characters were represented by playable characters in Brawl.
XenoBlade and Rhythm Heaven I think are worthy enough to have characters.
Brawl is what I meant, forgot to finish the sentence. Thhat adds a few more franchises to your list.
Cuts are really only made due to time contraints. If sakurai had his way no one would be cut. There's honestly no reason to cut characters.
Eh. That sounds like a little much.
I agree.
It will have five. Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link. there's still a chance for another one.
Your crush on daisy has gotten out of hand.
I don't have a crush on anything.
Let's wait until he actually appears in some Wario games.
I will admit that four is a little much for FE. Three would have been perfect. One is far too little.

I predict that the fan base will be divided between 3ds smash players shitting on the Wii u version and vice versa. Miiverse will be the battlefield for this conflict.

And then there will be the people in the middle that watch.

While it's looking grim for him at the moment (And I'd understand why he couldn't), Snake should return just for the impact he's had on the Franchise.

I don't like it when people put Project M on a Ranking between games as if Project M is a completely separate game. It's a mod of Brawl, Project M couldn't exist without Brawl, and to play Project M you need a Brawl copy. It's a modified Brawl that you can add mods in without resorting to hacking. That's all Project M is to me.

The Mii Fighters are the best Newcomer inclusion in Smash 4 sans Megaman.

I saw this post on the Smash subreddit regarding Snake. he makes a good argument for him.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2dt30j/the_ultimate_compilation_of_snake_information/

Also, this post.
My biggest issue with the people thinking Snake is gone is that they put so much stock in a statement made towards a question asked about Smash Bros in an MGSV interview.
Kojima is the man who has intentionally done the following:

1. Led people to believe Snake was the protagonist in MGS2 but then (At first) killed him off and had Raiden be the playable character.

2. Created a fake "Moby Dick Studios" and announced the Phantom Pain as a new IP, and had people steam over what it was for many months before actually saying "Nah, it's MGSV."

3. Created a P.T. (Playable teaser) for the Silent Hill game he's making with Guillermo Del Toro. It was announced out of nowhere at Gamescom, released on the PS4 market place, and by sheer dumb luck someone completed it in hours when Kojima intended it for it to take at least a week for people to find out it's a demo for Silent Hills. A demo that has nothing at all to be with Silent Hills besides it demonstrating that Kojima wants to, and I quote, make you "shit your pants."

Why do you insist on putting your trust this man? Why?

Kart Player 2008 said:
  • The Donkey Kong franchise has earned 4 characters by this installment.

This, and:

-I don't like the choices of Paper Mario, Krystal, or Sceptile.
-I like Lucina more than Robin.
-While I would be ok with Xenoblade getting a character, there are multiple franchises that I would want represented first.
-Lucario and Ike's confirmations excited me more than every newcomer thus far except Villager, Mega Man, and Little Mac.
-I didn't like Fountain of Dreams or Fourside.
-I find Battlefield and Final Destination and the like boring to fight in.
-I liked playing as Roy, but he shouldn't have been in Melee.
-If I could only bring back either Jigglypuff or Mewtwo, I'd pick Jigglypuff.

Northern Verve said:
I don't like it when people put Project M on a Ranking between games as if Project M is a completely separate game. It's a mod of Brawl, Project M couldn't exist without Brawl, and to play Project M you need a Brawl copy. It's a modified Brawl that you can add mods in without resorting to hacking. That's all Project M is to me.
Yes, Project M is really overblown, and what's worse is that it's overlooking other equally-viable mods especially Brawl Minus. Brawl Minus is MUCH more fun than Project M, and it's also easier to mod. Project M doesn't really let you view what codes it uses so I can just have the only code worth it (the CPUs being more fair to the player one), and I've read that some of the people involved in Project M can be real stuck-up dicks.

-I abhor the idea of Paper Mario
-I'd want Young Link back, but with a Majora's Mask moveset
-I think Baby Mario and Baby Luigi is an awesome idea
-Smash 4 isn't generating any hype for me
-Smart Bombs are the absolute best items in Smash
-Fun is achieved in the most absurd and chaotic ways possible in Smash

Not sure if this is unpopular, but I'd rather have seen a FE character with a weapon style other than swords over Lucina. Robin, at least, is partially magic, but the series is more than "SWORDS SWORDS SWORDS". It's more ridiculous in my eyes considering Ike actually is capable of using axes and not just swords.

Tuxedo Ridley said:
Not sure if this is unpopular, but I'd rather have seen a FE character with a weapon style other than swords over Lucina. Robin, at least, is partially magic, but the series is more than "SWORDS SWORDS SWORDS". It's more ridiculous in my eyes considering Ike actually is capable of using axes and not just swords.
Better, have a playable archer character mounted on a dragon or a pegasus.

That would be interesting.

Hackmon said:
^^^^This. IDK how they could program that. It maybe actually be impossible.
No, it's not impossible at all. I can even imagine it.

Just have the dragon be the melee attacker while the archer can attack with B, B>, Bv, etc.

Tuxedo Ridley said:

Yeah it garners a misconception towards people who aren't familiar with Fire Emblem

Such as me.

Back