Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

Magikrazy said:
Mario doesn't deserve any representation. At all.
Okay, but can you actually justify your opinion or is it just a bait attempt?

Magikrazy said:
Mario doesn't deserve any representation. At all.
Mario is Nintendo's biggest series, so it's going to have representation no matter what.

EDIT: It's supposed to be your unpopular opinion you post in here.

Magikrazy said:
I simply posted an unpopular opinion.

It's not mine.
Good, the way you worded it, especially without quotes made it seem like you're voicing your opinion.

Good god, we have Miiverse for batshit crank opinions, okay?

I thought the point of the thread is to post reasonable unpopular opinions, not saying whatever purely to anger people.

Baby Luigi said:
I thought the point of the thread is to post reasonable unpopular opinions, not saying whatever purely to anger people.
It says, "Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series." so I posted an unpopular opinion about the Super Smash Bros series.

Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:
It says, "Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series." so I posted an unpopular opinion about the Super Smash Bros series.

Just because it doesn't explicitly say that in the title doesn't mean it's not implied.

Really, use your common sense

Maᴙio said:
Good god, we have Miiverse for bat*bleep* crank opinions whether it's yours or not, okay?

I honestly would be fine if Dr. Mario came back.

People need to realize there is not a set number of slots. Sakurai doesn't start development and say "We're going to have X amount of characters". He'll add as many as he feels like. Dr. Mario would not take anyone's place.

GalacticPetey said:
People need to realize there is not a set number of slots. Sakurai doesn't start development and say "We're going to have X amount of characters". He'll add as many as he feels like. Dr. Mario would not take anyone's place.

It's like this for any game with a character roster

Including Mario Kart

Maᴙio said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:
Ultimate Chimera can be avoided easily enough by moving to another part of the stage. Spear Pillar is by far the worst stage in terms of hazards in Brawl.
It's awful, but the award should go to Mario Bros. Holy crap.

Other (dis)honorable mentions go to Hanenbow, Port Town Aero Drive, Flat Zone 2 (tolerable), Mario Kart, Rumble Falls, Norfair, Halberd, Pictochat (tolerale), 75 M, and Summit (the icicle is bad, but I really hate that fish).

I can agree on most of those...

What I agree with:

- Hanenbow is an obvious mess, and the "water" is wtf?

- Oh my god I swear Port Town Aero Drive is really silly. Those cars can even KO at like 40%, and at times I've been hit even when I'm on the main platform. Like WTF, shouldn't I be safe? >__>

- Mario Kart is yet another mess.

- Don't even get me started on Rumble Falls... Take notes from Delfino Plaza or Rainbow Cruise, PLEASE.

- 75 M is another mess and just makes matches drag on...

- I don't think the icicles are bad, but I can agree on the fish. Also, I really hate how there are no ledges to grab on that stage.

- Pictochat can be silly, but I'd place it to being more than tolerable. I just hate when either I jump and the spikes appear, or the giant line splitting the stage in half takes away the left ledge from me when I recover. However, one thing I can see as really irritating are the LADDER mechanics. I dislike doing an aerial but suddenly get interrupted because my character decides to climb the ladder and I don't realize until 2 seconds after. >__>

What I don't agree with:

- Norfair isn't too bad cause you can shield the giant lava wave as opposed to entering the capsule. I find shielding it is more reliable anyways because you can hit your opponents through the capsule as they wait for it to open. However, I WILL agree those fire hitboxes are misleading and weird.

- I don't think Halberd is bad at all. The first hazard (which is staying on the main platform for 11 secs before it takes off and leaves behind anyone not on it, but I don't really know if you'd consider that one) is not bad at all.
The 2nd hazard which is the claw, is easily solved by shielding or timing a proper airdodge, plus there is PLENTY of warning as to when it'll attack (as in it takes a long time for that thing to actually try to poke someone).
The 3rd one, which is the laser, is again, very predictable and you have a lot of time to avoid it, plus when the cursor actually turns red, you have another few seconds to get away from it. Although I will say, it is silly how the hitbox of the laser extends a bit when it's done firing.
And again, not sure if you really count this as a hazard, but getting on when the platform is about to take off shouldn't be a problem either. :p

Anyways, as for an unpopular opinion, I personally don't think fighting Meta Knight in Brawl is too bad (unless it's M2K's... yes I faced him and got 3-stocked :p), and fighting Marth, Olimar, Kirby, Ike, Luigi and Snake are more problematic for me.

(I'm like legitly scared of fighting Luigi... Why must he have such a hand chop of death?! X__x)

Yeah, I agree that Norfair isn't that bad, but those fire hitboxes. Your character can be inside the fire, but not get hit for some reason. The lava wave isn't all that bad either. It's just those lava waves that can be reworked AND nerfed.

Halberd isn't bad either. The claw is just the most annoying thing about it, but the rest are fine. It's sometimes hard to notice it when you're busy fighting, and it's easily the worst of the hazards.

Pictochat has the tendency to draw annoying hazards which should clearly be nerfed. Those side spikes are bad enough, but that rolling kart thing is worse. The worst offender are those vertical pike things. UGH. Way too strong.

I find Mario Circuit an ok stage. I enjoyed it and the racers aren't that much of a problem.

The racers can have a nerf, though, just as most other stage hazards in Brawl.

Well they kill only if you have a REALLY high percent.

Mario Circuit was actually one of my favorite stages in Brawl.

I'd rather the following Mario Characters get in over Paper Mario:
Daisy
Waluigi
Bowser Jr
Toad
Koopa Kid
Dixie Kong
Kiddy Kong
King K Rool

The 5 Melee rejects deserved to be cut.

Smasher said:
Mario Circuit was actually one of my favorite stages in Brawl.
I like it too. I represents the series quite well, although I'd like perhaps a Mute City variant so we can see the whole course, but that would be asking for a bit much.

GalacticPetey said:
I honestly would be fine if Dr. Mario came back.

I like Dr. Mario back as well, although I wouldn't mind him as an alternate costume. Dr. Mario DOES represent the more obscure and the spinoff parts of the Mario series, so I don't think people are giving him enough credit. He's also more fun to play with, and this is coming from a proud Mario main.

I thought the only difference was that Doc had stronger attacks. 'Course, it's been too long since I played Melee.

Fire Emblem needs moar reps and stage hazards are awesome

No one's saying hazards suck. Although the next Fire Emblem stage could at least be a place from the games instead of a generic castle.

Kart Player 2008 said:
Daisy
Waluigi
Bowser Jr
Toad
Koopa Kid
Dixie Kong
Kiddy Kong
King K Rool

The 5 Melee rejects deserved to be cut.
Bolded are DK characters, not Mario.

Tuxedo Ridley said:
No one's saying hazards suck. Although the next Fire Emblem stage could at least be a place from the games instead of a generic castle.
er, let me rephrase that

I really like all of the stage hazards

Kart Player 2008 said:
Daisy This has already been discussed enough. NO!
Waluigi Waluigi would be a good choice, narrowly making the top 5.
Bowser Jr Secondary antagonist. He would be another good choice.
Toad Yes.
Koopa Kid Koopa Kid would be worse than Daisy! He appeared in the pre-7th generation Mario Party games and nothing else. The Mario Party games are not nearly as deserving of a playable character as the Mario RPGs. The Mario RPGs are different enough from the main Mario games to be considered their own series. The Mario Party games are clear Mario spin-offs and should only be repped under the Mario series.
Dixie Kong Donkey Kong rep. Second most likely Donkey Kong newcomer.
Kiddy Kong Kiddy Kong would be an awful choice. Possible even worse than Koopa Kid. Also, he would be a Donkey Kong rep.
King K Rool Another Donkey Kong rep. Most likely and most deserving Donkey Kong rep.

The 5 Melee rejects deserved to be cut. Mewtwo did not deserve to be cut and should return in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS along with Jigglypuff. Sceptile does not have priority. Sakurai will add Sceptile as a seventh Pokémon rep if he really wants it in.

Back