Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Smasher said:
there might have been a few threads like this before for specific things, but I don't think I've seen one for the series as a whole, so...

just say some opinions about whatever in the Mario series that not many people seem to agree with. this can also apply to Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Wario, etc.

I've got quite a few that most members don't seem to agree with:

-Daisy is the best female character in the series. Wrong in the sense that shes not the best but shes a good character
-Birdo and Waluigi are good characters. (the latter might not be as unpopular as the other but I do see multiple people dislike him so) correct
-I don't like the Koopalings, Luigi, or Rosalina. Personally I think the order should go Correct (Except Iggy) wrong wrong
-Bobbery is my least favorite partner in PM2. never played it so i'm gonna go with Tommy Guns
-Mario Kart DS is the best Mario Kart game. Wrong
-SMB2 is better than SMB3. Wrong
-the Olympic Games can be fun. Correct
-Dixie Kong is better than Diddy. Correct
-Goomba's Greedy Gala is my favorite board in MP4. ME TWO

I probably have more, but I can't think of them right now.

Danny The Street said:
-Daisy is the best female character in the series. Nah, that would be NONE of them I haven't been impressed with any of the Mario females.
-Birdo and Waluigi are good characters. (the latter might not be as unpopular as the other but I do see multiple people dislike him so) Birdo, nah (I don't loathe her tough). Waluigi, definitely.
-I don't like the Koopalings, Luigi, or Rosalina. They're all okay. Luigi is great in my opinion, but EQUAL with Mario.
-Bobbery is my least favorite partner in PM2. He's not my least favorite, but not my fave. That would be Vivian.
-Mario Kart DS is the best Mario Kart game. IMO, Double Dash. It had the best battle modes. Bob-omb Battle, anyone? Plus no snaking, or at least not to DS's extent.
-SMB2 is better than SMB3. I'm going to have to agree with Shoe here. SMB2 was just laaaaaaaame.
-the Olympic Games can be fun. Haven't played, so no opinion.
-Dixie Kong is better than Diddy. I prefer Diddy, but there's nothing wrong with Dixie.
-Goomba's Greedy Gala is my favorite board in MP4. Haven't played, so no opinion.

also
Danny The Street said:
Smasher said:
-Goomba's Greedy Gala is my favorite board in MP4. ME TWO
look, shoe made an unintentional Homestuck reference

Yoshidude99 said:
Voice acting in Super Mario Sunshine was good WRONG
Dr. Javelin said:
Danny The Street said:
-Daisy is the best female character in the series. Nah, that would be NONE of them I haven't been impressed with any of the Mario females. But you have to have a favorite by default one has to be the best
-I don't like the Koopalings, Luigi, or Rosalina. They're all okay. Luigi is great in my opinion, but EQUAL with Mario. Mario sucks
-SMB2 is better than SMB3. I'm going to have to agree with Shoe here. SMB2 was just laaaaaaaame. No I like SMB2 (American and European) but SMB3 was at least 8 times better
-the Olympic Games can be fun. Haven't played, so no opinion.
-Dixie Kong is better than Diddy. I prefer Diddy, but there's nothing wrong with Dixie. Wrong

Smasher said:
-Daisy is the best female character in the series.
-Birdo and Waluigi are good characters. (the latter might not be as unpopular as the other but I do see multiple people dislike him so)
-I don't like [...] Rosalina.

I agree with all of these, plus:

-I don't like Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong or Toad.
-I like playable mooks.
-I don't care too much about Nintendo's recent spin-off rosters.
-SMG2 is better than SMG, rosalina fanboys/girls (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE).
-All of the babies are mediocre.
-Mario Golf is awesome.

i'll post more if i can think of them

Jeff said:
Bow's the worst Paper Mario partner. EXTREMELY WRONG

That is all for now.
Northern Verve said:
I don't think the roster of a Mario Spin-Off game matters that much. Correct
Seriously all the roster does is appeal to fan boys and fan girls there is no difference between a Goomba and Baby Luigi if you give them the same stats and moves.

Rosalina is literally the best character in the whole Mario series. Whoever disagrees is encouraged to get out.

Anser said:
Rosalina is literally the best character in the whole Mario series. Whoever disagrees is encouraged to get out. wrong

MCD said:
I'm just going to say that I appreciated SMG more because it was more difficult than SMG2, for the most part.
Anser said:
Rosalina is literally the best character in the whole Mario series. Whoever disagrees is encouraged to get out.
She appeared in one game (not counting SMG2, which was minor, and MKW, which was also minor). It was kind of cool, but not amazing.

Tell me why she is good.

Dr. Javelin said:
MCD said:
I'm just going to say that I appreciated SMG more because it was more difficult than SMG2, for the most part.
Anser said:
She appeared in one game (not counting SMG2, which was minor, and MKW, which was also minor). It was kind of cool, but not amazing.

Tell me why she is good.

Her personality is the coolest of the game, she's the prettiest character and her voice acting is simply the best (except in Mario Kart 7).

You need to know that I'm kidding. This thread is all about one's personal opinions. That's it. The reasons I stated above are the reasons that make Rosalina the best character for ME. It doesn't mean it's a fact and has to be that way for everyone else.

Anser said:
Dr. Javelin said:
MCD said:
Anser said:

Tell me why she is good.

Her personality is the coolest of the game, she's the prettiest character and her voice acting is simply the best (except in Mario Kart 7). wrong

You need to know that I'm kidding. This thread is all about one's personal opinions. That's it. The reasons I stated above are the reasons that make Rosalina the best character for ME. It doesn't mean it's a fact and has to be that way for everyone else wrong.

Broly said:
Baby Yoshi is the best baby. wrong there are multiple baby yoshi's some better then others therefore they baby yoshi can't be generalized as the best baby. I don't think anyone agrees with me though. correct.

[quote author=Dr. Javelin]
[/quote]

Really? I always thought galaxy 1 was easier. It it weren't for the super guide, I would never have finished galaxy 2.

Jeff said:
[quote author=Dr. Javelin]

Really? I always thought galaxy 1 was easier. It it weren't for the super guide, I would never have finished galaxy 2.
[/quote]Difficulty is based solely on skill for example many would call SMB easy while I can't beat it.

Okay.

In the final boss stage of SMG2, there are like six Life Shrooms. Six.

This is a final boss stage - why in the world is it forcing so many boost items on me?

Dr. Javelin said:
Okay.

In the final boss stage of SMG2, there are like six Life Shrooms. Six.

This is a final boss stage - why in the world is it forcing so many boost items on me?
Because it's hard...

Jeff said:
You know you don't have to pick them up. The only easy thing about galaxy 2 was the fact Bowser can't hurt you in the final battle.
The fact that they're there and I didn't need any of them speaks for itself.

Gonna go back to Paper Mario for a bit, but out of Count Bleck's minions, O'Chunks is my favorite since his personality is akin to the warrior type with honor and loyalty. I prefer that over Mimi's violent temper/bratty attitude and Mr. L's "I'm superior to everyone else".

Danny The Street said:
Anser said:
Dr. Javelin said:
MCD said:
Anser said:

Tell me why she is good.

Her personality is the coolest of the game, she's the prettiest character and her voice acting is simply the best (except in Mario Kart 7). wrong

You need to know that I'm kidding. This thread is all about one's personal opinions. That's it. The reasons I stated above are the reasons that make Rosalina the best character for ME. It doesn't mean it's a fact and has to be that way for everyone else wrong.

I'm not wrong. That's my opinion. Opinions can't be right or wrong, you know.

Back