Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

Until I played Dress for Success, I never realized that Daisy's dress had two frills at the bottom as opposed to Peach's one.

The bad draw distance in Sprawling Savanna. Trees and bushes literally despawning and I only just now noticed it while watching TheRunawayGuys play that level.

Fresh Bowser said:
The bad draw distance in Sprawling Savanna. Trees and bushes literally despawning and I only just now noticed it while watching TheRunawayGuys play that level.

Do you use their playthrough as a guide?

Nah, I've beaten it a few times. (Not 100 percent but the main quest and all the special worlds before Crown, I just haven't gotten all the stars).

I watch their playthrough because it's entertaining.

Fresh Bowser said:
I watch their playthrough because it's entertaining.

I love the song Chuggaa and Masae sang during episode 2.

Also, I didn't notice there was a ketchup bottle on the far left in the background of Horror Land.

Fresh Bowser said:
I noticed it the first thing I played it. I laughed.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Fresh Bowser said:
I noticed it the first thing I played it. I laughed.

You gotta wonder what goes through Mario's mind when things load and unload in front of him. I do, at least.

I never realized how terrible Mario Party 7's music is.

He's probably like "mama mia look at that draw distance, wtf"

uh, so like the rest of us

Mcmadness said:

ya don't diss Fun Run or Pagoda Peak

Mcmadness said:

What about the Multiplayer Bowser minigame theme, Bowser Time, Bowser's Enchanted Inferno, Neon Heights or the music that plays during Battery Ram?

Grunty Industries said:
the music that plays during Battery Ram?

It's called "Fun in the Sun" and I like it

LeftyGreenMario said:
I had pronounced and spelled "Bob-ombs" as "Bomb-ombs". It's a pretty rude awakening once I found out otherwise.

I never knew that. I always thought it was Bomb-ombs. Nevermind, then.

Baby Luigi said:
It's called "Fun in the Sun" and I like it

I knew the name of the music track, but I didn't mention it to McMadness as I thought since he said the ost for 7 was terrible, I thought he didn't know of the name of the music track.

*There's an owl in Whomp's Fortress. I never noticed this until DS so I thought they added it in that because they decided the star was too hard in the original.
*You don't even need the metal cap in Collect the Caps, you can just swim.
*While riding the shell, you can stop riding it by crouching.
*If you punch the back of the tower on Whomp's Fortress, a little cubby with a 1-up in it opens up.
*You can unlock Luigi just by getting 512 coins on Bowser in the Dark World and then running around the star statue in the courtyard 2401 times.
*The baby penguins in Cool, Cool Mountain will copy you when you dive.
*If you jump on the normal whomps' backs they'll spit out a coin. You can get like twice as many coins if you jump on them a few times before you ground pound them.
*If you throw a Bob-Omb at Chain-Chomp he freaks out and goes straight up for a few seconds.

Grunty Industries said:
J-Yoshi64 said:
I only just recently noticed Peach's hair physics in the GCN Mario Parties.

Did you previously think her hair didn't move at all?
More or less.

J-Yoshi64 said:
Peach's and Daisy's dresses clip through the sides and seat of the Classic Dragster.
J-Yoshi64 said:
Until I played Dress for Success, I never realized that Daisy's dress had two frills at the bottom as opposed to Peach's one.
J-Yoshi64 said:
I only just recently noticed Peach's hair physics in the GCN Mario Parties.
It seems now that you're older, you're paying more attention to specific details relating to Peach and Daisy.

;) :P

If you have Daisy at the back of the kart in Double Dash and drive up a ramp, when the kart falls downwards her hair will move upwards, but the back of her head is completely invisible so you can see right through her head.

Grunty Industries said:
If you have Daisy at the back of the kart in Double Dash and drive up a ramp, when the kart falls downwards her hair will move upwards, but the back of her head is completely invisible so you can see right through her head.

Sounds nightmarish

Bowser's moving tongue is visible in the first cutscene in Super Mario Galaxy when he's telling Peach "You are formally invited..."

Back