The most annoying voices

It doesn't matter who it is, they all sound like men trying to sound like women.

Baby Luigi said:
It doesn't matter who it is, they all sound like men trying to sound like women.
Well, Leslie Swan in SM64 and Mario Kart 64 isn't high pitched like Jen Taylor or Samantha Kelly. Jen basically made Peach what she is today. Peach is supposed to sound sweet. I mean she's supposed to have that girly girl sound. Jen was the first voice actress of Peach that successfully pulled it off with Sam Kelly improving it to make her sound older and fit her personality a lot more. I think Nicole Mill's Peach voice is the worst I've heard. Sam and Jen are much better. I mean it's quite interesting that my opinion of Peach's voice (and herself) got better while yours got worse to the point of not liking her all that much, I mean back in 2014 the thread where I wanted to change her voice from Sam Kelly to Ash's Japanese voice, I complained a lot about her Maaaaariiiioo scream, while you didn't care that much about it. Gradually, I had gotten over it and didn't seem to mind it that much anymore.

I wish Birdo has a different voice direction because Birdo felt like a bigger character than the regular enemies, yet sounds way too much like how a Mario enemy would normally sound. I wouldn't even mind it if Birdo has a regular voice actor like in Super Mario Advance.

Otherwise, I wasn't able to find any annoying voices in retrospect. The Piantas have oafish voices but they have their charm; Blooper is amusing because I never heard Blooper's voice until Mario Tennis Aces; Bowser Jr's a bit obnoxious but it's part of who he is; Modern Peach is high-pitched but not unbearable, though Rosalina in Mario Kart 8 comes close to annoying if not for the fact that I find it hilarious that she sounded way too much like Peach.

Thank you for reading.

It makes me really sad to see a lot of people saying Yoshi's voice annoys them. I find it adorable.

Just our silly opinions mate, don't let em bother ya too much as it isn't anything personal

Yeah.

It's the kind of attitude you gotta have when you're a very easygoing person.

You know, like me!

I'd imagine people who find Funky's voice annoying spent more time than it is healthy in Mario Kart Wii's online.

Koopa Troopa makes really annoying noises ever since they decided to amp up its pitch and have it sound like Paratroopa at points.

I think Funky's voice is hilarious, like Toad's voice or Kamek's.

At least it's fitting compared to Hammer Bro's.

I like Hammer Bro being electrocuted in Super Mario Strikers

Nah, just a human with a third eye, a ululating shriek, tendency to greet herself at any opportune moments, and ability to pararistically grow botanical life wherever.

Super Smash Bros. Melee's Daisy trophy has a UV error where a portion of her skull was UV'd over a part of her eye texture. You can actually see it if you own an older copy of Melee since the game lets you zoom inside trophies. You zoom inside Daisy's hair.

Baby Luigi said:
I'd imagine people who find Funky's voice annoying spent more time than it is healthy in Mario Kart Wii's online.
No, they're the sort of people who think Funky Kong is the best Mario character.

He does have the best theme song in whatever game he appears in so I don't blame them.

Putt-Putt said:
Baby Luigi said:
No, they're the sort of people who think Funky Kong is the best Mario character.

As if he's even a Mario character in the first place.

It's like saying Link or Isabelle are Mario characters.

The DK franchise as you know it today nowadays just serves to be a subseries of the Mario universe what with its elements and environments appearing in Mario titles like Mario Kart and Super Mario Odyessy so I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest Funky Kong is a Mario character.

He appears in one Mario game, so by that logic Inkling, Link and Villager are Mario Characters.

Sorry to burst your bubble but he actually appears in two distinct Mario titles.

Uh I didn't have WarioWare in mind when I said that but sure.

Baby Luigi said:
Actually, I never played Mario Kart Wii online, and I find his Tropical Freeze voice much more annoying than his Mario Kart Wii one (That said, his Mario Kart Wii one's not good either, just less annoying).

Back