Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I mean if it means I get to see G&W take less space on the screen even if slightly, I'd be down for it.

Still it was kinda stupid the reaction to that thing being in the game at all, and well, to appease stupid people, do stupid decisions.

not updating the game just for a feather is really petty; what exactly do you gain, what does nintendo lose

Isabelle said:
I mean if it means I get to see G&W take less space on the screen even if slightly, I'd be down for it.

Still it was kinda stupid the reaction to that thing being in the game at all, and well, to appease stupid people, do stupid decisions.
disagree especially how people are described as "stupid" but ultimately who cares

If you really wanted to protest the removal of the feather to have any sort of weight, you could have not bought the game. That has the biggest impact on Nintendo. Not updating your system means jack shit for them and you're the only person who loses in this scenario.

Unless of course you want to keep it downgraded for mods that add it back in but I don't think you're doing that.

J. D. Sumner said:
Long John Spaghetti said:
J. D. Sumner said:
Yes I'm still on the base version.

Is your Wi-Fi non-existent?

No, I have Wi-Fi for the update, but I'm not updating it due to me protesting the removal of Mr. Game & Watch's feather.
Hope you don't want any of the DLC then. Or any future content.

And yeah, like BLOF said, you already gave Nintendo your money so your act of protest means nothing. I also don't understand protesting the removal of an offensive stereotype but this is not the place for that discussion.

J. D. Sumner said:
J. D. Sumner said:

No, I have Wi-Fi for the update, but I'm not updating it due to me protesting the removal of Mr. Game & Watch's feather.
...Why exactly do you care? It's a minor aesthetic challenge and nothing else. If you wanted that feather so badly, then you can just mod your game instead of missing out on that cool man-eating plant (and the hilarious Palutena's Guidance entry that comes with it). It's not worth starting a riot over and definitely not worth fighting a losing battle for.

I think what bothers me more is just Mr. Game & Watch awkwardly wearing a loincloth and I mean very awkward and not loincloth-like.

They should have edited out the loincloth as well as removing that feather because it now just looks silly.

Team Kirby said:
J. D. Sumner said:
J. D. Sumner said:

...Why exactly do you care? It's a minor aesthetic challenge and nothing else. If you wanted that feather so badly, then you can just mod your game instead of missing out on that cool man-eating plant (and the hilarious Palutena's Guidance entry that comes with it). It's not worth starting a riot over and definitely not worth fighting a losing battle for.

Do you know of any mods that has his feather, as I would gladly install a mod.

welllll smash ultimate modding hasn't really took off yet sadly so I'd just wait, especially until saltynx gets released and we don't have to be dumping the game silly nilly

I think file compression works differently in Ultimate, especially when you have to make injections into data.arc so simple copy paste probably won't work in GW's case.

Seems like two modes have been datamined. Take this with a grain of salt.
It's Home Run Contest and Stage Builder, two modes I expected to show up in a future update. If these really are coming I'll bet we see them in version 3.0.0 with Joker.

Depends on the datamine. Anything you see on the internet, it has to be verified.

SoureGaming and GameXplain are both backing this guy up. Seems credible.

Of course, there's always the possibility these are leftovers ported from Smash 4. I recall the wii u version having some data ported over from brawl that was never used for anything.

Captain America said:
Of course, there's always the possibility these are leftovers ported from Smash 4. I recall the wii u version having some data ported over from brawl that was never used for anything.

Yeah, in the Home-Run Contest pic I noticed that R.O.B.'s art is from Sm4sh. I've lost some faith in this now. However, we're basically guaranteed to get a new mode anyway.

Of course it's going to be from Smash 4, there's only data for the How to Play files. Source Gaming have to use a screenshot of for Wii U instead of Ultimate, because the mode isn't in the game yet.

If the update adds those modes and they aren't DLC, I'm in for it. That would sway my mind. I would enjoy Home-Run contest returning. I loved Home-Run contest in Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4. Only if they are willing to bring back Target Smash...

Forgot to say, but I purchased the Fighters Pass a few days ago. So I shouldn't really worry about not getting the upcoming fighters.

Ya know, I just wonder why Nintendo still didn't confirm the artwork yet, considering Joker is releasing this month.

We still haven't even gotten any gameplay. But at least we got his in-game model revealed in that Nintendo Direct.

Back