Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duskull said:
but I prefer to keep my Mario games Mario, so I don't really care for the Inklings.

Thank you! I'm guessing that means I'm not the only one who thinks Link shouldn't be in Mario Kart either?

No you are not. I'm aware this is slightly off-topic, but I'd be happy with a Nintendo Kart for this sort of thing.

Cid Highwind said:
The Poll Committee - Living off of others' ideas since 201X

We do have the "Suggest a poll" button on the Main Page though...

Alex95 said:
What about R.O.B. and the Mii's then? Link wasn't the first. But I'd be totally down with a Nintendo Kart off-shoot... perhaps in a side game in the next Smash Bros. Two-in-one! ;D

R.O.B. and Miis are blanket Nintendo characters, not franchise specific ones, so I'm not particularly against them.

apologies for stealing alex's spotlight but i wanted to do this one since it's my first poll as a member of the committee :bowser:

What is the most important aspect of a Mario RPG for you?
  • Story (plot, dialogue, etc.)
  • Gameplay (battles, gimmicks, etc.)
  • Setting (locations, characters, etc.)
  • Music
  • Art style
  • Other
  • I haven't played any Mario RPG's.

i personally go for gameplay tbh, but story is a pretty close second. if a mario rpg looks fun to play, i'd be urged to pick it up sooner. i would prefer a fun game with little story over a story-based game with tedious gameplay, at least for mario.

Definitely setting. I want to have interesting characters but more importantly interesting dialogue. I want a world that feels genuine and one that can be fun to explore without having to rely on the story

I voted story. It's got to be exciting, have twists. After all, you can have a great looking game with awesome gameplay. But I wouldn't sit through 15+ hours if I was nodding off to the story.

It's honestly close between the first 3 choices. I used to say definitely story, but I realized that I'm unlikely to enjoy the story as much if the settings and characters are all ones we see all the time. And if it plays like shit, it will be a chore to play even with a good story/characters (though I might watch a playthrough on YouTube to still enjoy those things.) Fortunately I don't think any Mario RPG has had bad gameplay so far. At worst it's average or mediocre. Unfortunately, the ones that have mediocre gameplay also don't have much story/characters so there's not much reason for me to like them as much.

I suppose I'd still go with story though. Characters/setting will likely come with that, and like I said, the gameplay hasn't really been bad yet.

Eren Jäger said:
well according to bill trinen all the mario rpgs are action adventures anyways ;)
Only Paper Mario, though that's still a shame. They still consider M&L an RPG.

I picked gameplay. I'm not even going to think about buying the game if the gameplay doesn't look appealing.

i couldn't give two shits about the story if the gameplay turns me off

it's probably a reason i haven't touched undertale since a year or so ago. the gameplay isn't enough to draw me into the game. then again, i'm not a huge rpg fan to begin with.

Welp, new poll! Is it Sunday already?

How much of your free time do you spend on the wiki and/or its extended community, such as the forums or chat?
*Pretty much all of my free time is spent on here.
*Most of my free time is spent here.
*I spend a fair amount of my free time here.
*Not a whole lot of my free time is used up here.
*I dedicate almost no free time on here.

I voted option one. Whenever I'm not editing the wiki, I have the Recent Changes running in the background and visit the forums when I'm bored.

...What am I doing with my life?

A fair amount of time. I'm usually switching between here, YouTube, and Buzzr.

Fair amount. This is one of the few communities that stuck with me ever since I joined the forums. I have a lot of memories of this community and while I'm probably not on here as much as I was from 2013-15, I still usually have a tab or two open :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back