NINTENDO NEWS THREAD

Re: NINTENDO NEWS THREAD (E3 Presentation Supposedly 30 Minutes Long)

R.I.P. Miitomo

Surprised no one mention this yet but there's going to be a direct today at 5pm EST. I don't believe it's going to be super long, about 30 minutes is all, but it'll probably reveal a lot of what's coming out this year.

It was mentioned in the Direct thread.

I'm not going to get my hopes up for things that are better suited to E3 but I do plan to record my reactions and compile the most interesting ones.

pres.png

Mr. Kimishima is stepping down as president of Nintendo, as he was only meant to hold the job till they found someone younger.
But still, he did pretty well for his relatively short time on the job, I bet he will be looked back on fondly, time then, lead the way, President Furukawa!

I already miss Kimishima... :'(

Hopefully the new president will adopt that strategy that Kimishima had: a steady flow of games like it was when the Switch was first released rather than a huge flood in a big drought, causing mudslides and destruction everywhere.

Seems that Smash will be the big E3 title.

Pokéfans impatiently waiting

You know what has been so long since we heard of?

That Yoshi game back from last E3.

Man, I forgot it was a thing, this E3 most likely has new info for it.

Finally, time to announce Pikmin 4 and Mother 3, Nintendo.

Games I expect:
Smash(Duh)
Xenoblade 2 story DLC
Yoshi
Metroid Prime 4 footage
I can't see Pokemon being announced at E3 but if it's shown off before that, sure
Animal Crossing Switch
Fire Emblem Switch
Warioware Gold, new Wario Land, Luigi Mansion 3DS and The World Ends With You: Final Remix being shown at Treehouse live
Yo-Kai Watch Blasters
Super Sonic Racing
Mega Man 11
Ace Attorney 7

Well, this destroys the idea of more 3DS games. Including M&L:PiT DX. That’s a bummer. *sigh* Bye-bye 3DS.

Bye-bye, free online. Bye-bye, real portability. Bye-bye, dual-screen gameplay. Bye-bye to everything the Switch didn’t have.

Now I can only hope for Nintendo to rescue the Switch. It needs to be drastically revamped before it can replace the 3DS. Whatever, Nintendo, impress me with Yoshi Switch.

"Rescue the Switch?"

Look, buddy, I know you hate it and all, but apparently it almost already sold 18 million copies, surpassing the Wii U, which sold 13 million units in what, 6 years?

Imo it's doing great now, but well, you have your reasons for thinking otherwise, so ok.

YFJ said:
Now I can only hope for Nintendo to rescue the Switch.

JGqITks.jpg

Nintendo also said they're going to support the 3ds beyond 2019 though (even though I think it's an absolute waste of resources at this point), so...

I think it's fine, it's probably just going to be remakes or ports but if it keeps it on life support long enough for atlus to consider bringing EOX out of japan then that's fine by me.

It’s just that I really didn’t want to see my favorite console replaced by my least favorite console. And now, Nintendo has announced that only Switch games will be at E3. That means...the end of the 3DS. And I don’t see a “4DS” being announced anytime soon (how would they make it 4D anyway?). And so it’s the end of the world. (Okay, that last sentence was an exaggeration)

Don’t get me wrong, the Switch has some fun games (Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids, Kirby: Star Allies...even Zelda: Breath of the Wild, despite how crazy-hard that game is), and I’m sure that plenty more fun games will be released for Switch, but the Switch itself is a bad console, in my opinion. And I really don’t like seeing “the Switch must kill the 3DS” everywhere on the Internet.

I mean there are upcoming 3DS games still, so it would be weird to have them 100% absent at E3. Last E3's main presentation was only for Switch but they had 3DS games in the following treehouse segments. Even if I'd still prefer to see BIS DX or a reveal of PIT DX during the main presentation (just like I wish Superstar Saga was revealed like that last E3, instead of casually namedropping it before an intermission, what a lackluster reveal lol)

On one hand, I can relate.

Since I have a capture device I'm using a lot of the features of the Wii U the Switch doesn't have: being able to play on the GamePad while recording at the same time, Virtual Console, Wii backward compatibility, free online, friends added through account name and web browser. Indeed, I still perceive the Switch as a console that is a bit against me rather than for me.

On the other hand, we cannot deny what the Switch has been so far: I still think it's based on a great idea, it already has a killer lineup with more killler applications coming and it's been a huge success. In my opinion Nintendo should do their best to support it so we don't have game droughts that then risk to lead to rushed games. Developing games for Switch requires a lot more resources, as the Wii U era showed.

Of course, I would really like it if at least the free online went on, Mario Kart 8 has still activity in worldwide races and even Pokkén Tournament, which is in pretty much every way inferior to the DX version, has a decent online activity with even a few newcomers as of this month...

Got my bingo card ready.

inwmICh.jpg

(If anyone would like to use my custom template to make their own, feel free.)

I only put the Smash icon there because I couldn't really think of anything else to include, but that is a good suggestion. I'll edit it.

If you wanna make your own bingo card, I included a hyperlink on my previous post with a blank version of it.

tMpnaVM.jpg

Back