Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

GBA

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
Nintendo_Direct_Logo.png

We've needed this for a while. This thread should be used instead of the NINTENDO NEWS THREAD for any Nintendo Direct news, hype and speculation.

Links
AMERICAS - http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct
EUROPE - http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
AUSTRALIA - http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect
JAPAN - http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct

Latest Nintendo Direct

List of Past Nintendo Directs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Direct_presentations

tumblr_mxe7naeY9j1sqh0alo1_500.gif

Rest In Peace, Satoru Iwata

So it's been two months since the last Direct and usually that means we're due for a new one.

It'll be Nintendo's first Direct of 2015 so there's bound to be some great things shown. What do you think we'll see this year? Mario platformers excluded, of course.

Re: Nintendo Direct Thread

well yeah it's supposed to be released this year (unless DELAYS) so I'm hoping we'll see more footage of it like in the last direct

i hope they have more 'general' directs this year. i like having news on a bunch of things at once instead of having just a focus on one specific game
i mean things like the tomodachi life direct were fine but when basically all the directs they announced after e3 until november were all focused on one specific game it kinda got old for me (although i guess thats partly because i wasnt interested in most of the games that got their own directs)

i'm assuming for the next direct we'll probably get more info on X, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Maker, Splatoon and maybe Zelda U, Majora's Mask 3D and Mario Party 10 (it seems kinda weird that MP10 hasnt shown up in any directs yet, it wasnt in the e3 presentation or the november direct so you'd think it'd show up soon). could possibly formally reveal Star Fox U but that seems like a really big thing they'd save for e3. and of course they'll have their surprise announcements of new stuff.

this month is about right for a new nintendo direct

i now want super scope virtual console just for playing yoshi's safari

so please announce this, nintendo

please

Lumastar said:
I'm ready for N64 and Gamecube games to be added to the Virtual Console.
That'll never happen.

I mean, yeah they did announce N64, but GameCube won't happen, they never even announced it.

I'm hoping there's a Direct later this month/early next month with New Nintendo 3DS release dates for North America and non-thieving Europeans.

There better not be a new Mario platformer rather than a new Mario spinoff/sports game sequel. Screw Mario platformers, I'm fucking tired of them.

Mario Party X said:
There better not be a new Mario platformer rather than a new Mario spinoff/sports game sequel. Screw Mario platformers, I'm fucking tired of them.
what we need is a Wario platformer, that'll really shake things up :wario: if only wario wasn't dead to nintendo

Basically more info on anything shown at E3 (Splatoon, X, Mario Maker, Rainbow Curse) would be fantastic, preferably release dates as well (even 'Winter 2015' would suffice I guess). It'd also be nice to have some clearer footage of Zelda U.

No doubt GameFreak is working on their next Pokemon game but I don't think it'll be announced yet. Maybe Japan will get more info on Pokken.

some unique Virtual Console announcements like N64/Light Gun games would be cool. I don't think we'll be getting DS games since they've only released Brain Age and haven't mentioned it since (farewell, Touched).

You might be waiting for a while.

Please understand.

Lumastar said:
I'm ready for N64 and Gamecube games to be added to the Virtual Console.
If GameCube games were re-released, I'd rather they do HD remakes like Wind Waker.

Posting here so I'll be notified when there's new posts (AKA hopefully a new direct)

Anyway I'm mostly hoping for a Paper Mario game.

Lumastar said:
UPDATE: Due to the low quality of the original image, I reuploaded it on Imgur and got this:

img
imma say nope

these lists are never real

also "chronichles"

e:added quote

i can print lists of games out and take pictures of them too!

Lumastar said:
UPDATE: Due to the low quality of the original image, I reuploaded it on Imgur and got this:

o3LmvCC.jpg

latest

I found this while surfing the web. It's probably fake, but it has some good ideas in it.
Didn't they say there's going to be no Mario games this year? If so, this is definitely fake.

the interview where bill trinen said 'theres no new mario games this year' took place at the end of 2014 but was released in 2015 so you could look at it either way i guess
i doubt that list is real anyway but technically having a new mario game on it doesnt completely disprove it
they already have a 'super mario wii u' in super mario world so i dont get why they'd be making another already

Back