Mario characters that you had good opinions of but they have gotten worse.

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
This thread is about the Mario characters that you used to have good opinions of/used to like a little bit, but then they have gotten worse (or deteriorated/degraded) over the years to the point of not liking them that much anymore.

I used to have a good opinion of Bowser, but then my opinion of him has gotten terrible after Super Mario Odyssey, mostly because of the ending.

Rosalina. I enjoyed her presence in Galaxy 1 and Mario Kart Wii, but after that, I kind of got tired of her. The change in voice actress really didn't help. The actress in the two games I mentioned was perfect. It personified Rosalina perfectly. I feel the new voice actress ruined that.

I've come to realize over the years the amount of Mario characters I actually give a shit about you could probably count on both hands.

The rest I either tolerate, dislike, completely forget exist or am indifferent to.

I think I actually used to like Daisy...not entirely sure what made me stop liking her, but I believe it had something to do with Waluigi. The way Daisy treats Waluigi is just evil, and not the good kind.

I guess maybe Waluigi?

I mean I don't particularly dislike him nowadays, but back in the day he was probably one of my mains in spin-offs. I guess I just had a huge drop of interest in him, especially after the whole "Waluigi insubordination" after E3.

On the other hand, Daisy I started having better regards towards

I can't say I've ever grown to really dislike a Mario character overtime, but it is true that I don't like Yoshi as much as I used to. I still like him, he's just gone way down my favorites list.

Yoshi, I used to like him well into the GCN days. I remember how much I loved the light blue color of Yoshi and really wanted a toy for it. I just remembered how cool he was when he could change color in Mario Power Tennis. I used to want to pick him in Mario Party 4 because, at the time, I just was hesitant to use Mario probably to avoid the pain of seeing him hurt (I think). I did remember enjoying using him in Mario Kart Double Dash, his punching is him licking people. He also had the egg item, which I remember using to get some nice stars when I was in first.

But now I abhor him because he started being a pain in the ass to fight, starting in Mario Power Tennis. Today, I just can't stand him any more. He's annoying as ever, like in Smash Bros. where he just doesn't shut up, with his squealing quality in Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Odyssey (he's absolutely the worst in Super Mario Galaxy 2), and his design just looks stupid. I still really like the old dinosaur version and prefer to think of that version as a separate character, but I play along when people expect me to deride and mock the older Yoshi...

What, does Yoshi hate not exist?

I mean, I never found him really all that annoying, but Yoshi hate has always existed, still.

I don't think it's possible for my opinion to diminish on a Mario character, worst case scenario if they do something that is particularly out of character or annoying I'll usually just treat it as a isolated incident and not let it effect my general opinion on that specific character.

We didn't hate Yoshi because of a bandwagon, it's something we independently gave conclusions for based on our personal experience.

As for the topic at hand, Peach is a case of my opinion diminishing, big time. I guess you can thank Mario Kart 7 for greatly souring my view of her, as a Toad user who has to put up with her every single damn time I race in Grand Prix or battle in Battle Mode. I hate the rival system in that game and it made me sick of facing against her.

I used to be neutral towards the Koopalings until I found out how dreadful their boss fights really are.

Baby Luigi said:
As for the topic at hand, Peach is a case of my opinion diminishing, big time. I guess you can thank Mario Kart 7 for greatly souring my view of her, as a Toad user who has to put up with her every single damn time I race in Grand Prix or battle in Battle Mode. I hate the rival system in that game and it made me sick of facing against her.

It's sad that game caused your opinion of Peach to deteriorate as the years went by (along with her track record of her being the damsel in distress). I mean to be fair Mario Kart 7's roster is a bit lacking when compared to Mario Kart Double Dash!! or Mario Kart Wii or hell even Mario Kart 8/Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Second Edition).

Were you fine/neutral with Peach in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and Mario Kart Wii before that and occasionally/rarely used her, including some games after Mario Kart 7 like 3D World and MK8 until your opinion of her got really bad to the point of disliking her entirely like you do currently?

I mean, to be fair, Peach is very technical in some of the Mario Sports games like in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour and Mario Power Tennis. Peach is also very good in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars because of her healing, and she's alright in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. She's also good in SMB2, especially during World 4 (where it is very difficult without her), 3D World, and Super Mario Run where she makes platforming a complete non-issue with her floating and her slight slowness in ice levels (in SMB2 and 3D World), and her high jump is handy for certain things, so she's not all that completely useless. I mean yeah, on the front 90% of the time she's the damsel in distress and appears to be useless and a shit character, but in some games she's not all that useless like in SMB2, her own game, SMRPG, Super Paper Mario, 3D World, Super Mario Run (after you save her and she's playable), Mario + Rabbids, and even in Super Mario Odyssey during the post game where she gives you Power Moons.

Birdo. I liked him as an enemy, but now he's this weird girlfriend of Yoshi that doesn't do anything but weird noises. I liked him more as the dude who thought he was a girl.

I don't even want to imagine how their son would look like.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
Unnecessarily long post
I too, go on long tangents where I repeat myself constantly about why Peach is a good character if someone dares to disagree with that opinion.

Putt-Putt said:
Unnecessarily long post
I too, go on long tangents where I repeat myself constantly about why Peach is a good character if someone dares to disagree with that opinion.
I know, but yeah. Peach is mostly a shit character in mainline games except for when she's playable like in SMB2, 3D World, and Super Mario Run where she's very handy and useful. I have to admit that, as someone who likes her a lot. In spinoffs and some RPG games, she's a decent character and is useful (especially in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and Super Paper Mario) and that's pretty much about it. I am being honest here and that's all the good things about Peach other than her looks.

Putt-Putt said:
Unnecessarily long post

Not to mention this is the second time he went off like this in response to that question, the first time in my ask thread.

Putt-Putt said:
Unnecessarily long post
I know, but yeah. Peach is mostly a *bleep* character in mainline games except for when she's playable like in SMB2, 3D World, and Super Mario Run where she's very handy and useful. I have to admit that, as someone who likes her a lot. In spinoffs and some RPG games, she's a decent character and is useful (especially in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and Super Paper Mario) and that's pretty much about it. I am being honest here and that's all the good things about Peach other than her looks.
I've seen more Yoshi hate here than is healthy for me, but I've never felt the need to defend Yoshi with a 3-paragraph essay post. People have different opinions, and that's fine.

Pwwnd, people have different opinions from you. You just have to let it go. You're not going to convince us with your lengthy posts. It's like you're not really respecting or validating those opinions, like you're going "how dare you don't like Peach because I like Peach and I like Peach for these reasons". It's rather tiring to read over and over those posts.

Mario Party X said:
Pwwnd, people have different opinions from you. You just have to let it go. You're not going to convince us with your lengthy posts. It's like you're not really respecting or validating those opinions, like you're going "how dare you don't like Peach because I like Peach and I like Peach for these reasons". It's rather tiring to read over and over those posts.
Yeah, I understand that people have differing opinions. People dislike Peach for whatever reason they dislike her and their opinions can change and fluctuate over time. I guess I need to stop getting so damn butthurt over someone's opinion on a damn fictional character no matter how much I disagree with some of their opinions. I can respect why people don't like a character and can understand. I need to work on stop getting so defensive towards Peach and butthurt over people disliking and even hating on her outright.

Now that I think about it, I think I could say Mario is a character that my opinion of has certainly deteriorated. I don't know why I feel like this but I think I'm tired of seeing him in general.

I also realize that back when I used to hate Peach, then turn neutral towards her, then go into a love/hate phase until I started loving her fully, my sister used to love Peach a lot but now she absolutely utterly despises and dislikes her. Things change and our view on things fluctuate over time and we go from loving something to downright disliking or hating them and vice versa.

I think I remember liking Waluigi years ago. I know I used him a lot in Mario Party 6, with his hilarious taunts, and in Mario Power Tennis, with also his hilarious taunts. But now, I like him in a different way. He's a great punching bag.

King Dedede said:
The way Daisy treats Waluigi is just evil, and not the good kind.
Wait what? How does she treat him evilly?

Back