Kirby Discussion Thread

There...isn't really any official recognition of this day, but it's worth mentioning anyway. Today is August 1, the day that the first Kirby's Dream Land was released in North America. That's 27 years he's been around--certainly a feat worth celebrating. Just two days from today is August 3, the release day of Kirby's Dream Land for you PAL folks.

I know we already celebrated his "true" birthday on April 27, but why not celebrate our favorite pink puffball once more? Cheers!

Are there any Kirby games that sold more than the first Kirby's Dream Land? When I checked the sales, it surprised me that none of the games has surpassed it. I wonder why the first Kirby was able to sell so well. I guess it was a very good-looking Game Boy game and that it fits the demographic well by being on the simpler side.

Thank you for reading.

Are there any Kirby games that sold more than the first Kirby's Dream Land? When I checked the sales, it surprised me that none of the games has surpassed it. I wonder why the first Kirby was able to sell so well. I guess it was a very good-looking Game Boy game and that it fits the demographic well by being on the simpler side.

Thank you for reading.
Indeed, the first Kirby's Dream Land is the best-selling Kirby game, selling over 5 million copies. Kirby 2 was second until Star Allies surpassed it, both selling just under 2.5 million each.

Indeed, the first Kirby's Dream Land is the best-selling Kirby game, selling over 5 million copies. Kirby 2 was second until Star Allies surpassed it, both selling just under 2.5 million each.
It would seem to me that Super Star Ultra is the second-best selling game, if the source is of any indication. It's amazing that the second-best selling game is the closest to 3 million, but it's not there.

Thank you for reading.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1210591168431476737

An official lyric video for Green Tree Memories from Kirby (credits song in Super Kirby Clash) was just released. Truly a beautiful song now that I can actually understand the words.

EDIT: Seeing now that this actually seems to be sung by Bandana Dee, just like The Apple Juice Song before it. These songs are his central form of character depth and it makes me very happy. :)

Last edited:
Back