How to set Nintendo Switch News language?

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
MarioWiki
YoshiFlutterJump
So, I linked a Japanese Nintendo Account in order to try to download the Captain Toad free week offer (which was apparently already over by the time I got it linked, unfortunately). I then deleted the account once I saw I had no need for it. However, the Nintendo Switch News still shows Japanese news content, and I can't remove it no matter what I do. I can't read Japanese so it really just clogs up the news channel. Any way to bring it back to just the English news, like I was getting before?

I encountered the same issue when I tried out the Japanese Sonic Forces demo a few years ago, have you tried this yet?

Indeed, I've unsubscribed from the Japanese eShop channel and deleted my Japanese account, so I don't think I'll be receiving any more Japanese news. There are a few confusing side effects to even linking a JP account in the first place, though:

-All English news I received prior to deleting my JP account seems to be invisible unless I press "view all available news", in which case it only shows the English news and not the JP news. Captain Toad seems to be an exception to this, interestingly, showing both JP and English news, but still only showing English news when I click "view all available news".

-All channel names show up in Japanese (possibly because the latest received article was in Japanese), and I can only see the English names by clicking on an English news article via "view all available news".

-Clicking the "software information" button on one of the news channels with the JP names will open the game's respective eShop page, but then instantly close again with an error. Clicking the same link under "related products" on an English news article will load the eShop page normally.

That's what I've found so far. Again, I don't think I'll be receiving any more JP news, but it would be nice if it were possible to clean up my news feed to hide the JP news.

Back