Do you expect a port for SM 3D World in Switch?

Which of these should be the new playable characters?

• Captain Toad

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Toadette

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Peachette

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daisy

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Nabbit

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Sprixies

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Waluigi

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • others

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Dorayaki

King Bowser
If so do you expect Peachette come over again?

There's no major mechanics that are tied to the Wii U gamepad (some of the enemies can be interracted with by the touch screen but they can still be defeated in other ways), all the Wii U to Switch ports are selling very well and people are actually asking for this one. No way it isn't happening

Glowsquid said:
There's no major mechanics that are tied to the Wii U gamepad (some of the enemies can be interracted with by the touch screen but they can still be defeated in other ways), all the Wii U to Switch ports are selling very well and people are actually asking for this one. No way it isn't happening

I haven't played it in a while so I might be wrong here, but doesn't that game have those platforms where you have to blow into the microphone part of the Wii U gamepad to move the platforms? I don't think the Switch gamepad has that feature, so how would that work?

Cheeze said:
Glowsquid said:

I haven't played it in a while so I might be wrong here, but doesn't that game have those platforms where you have to blow into the microphone part of the Wii U gamepad to move the platforms? I don't think the Switch gamepad has that feature, so how would that work?

They replace them with platforms that don't need the microphone

Glowsquid said:
Cheeze said:
Glowsquid said:

My mind is blown! :P

Pretty much no. Some courses require the player to use the GamePad and/or microphone, with the latter not being supported on the Nintendo Switch.

Also, there's the Miiverse stamps to keep in mind, as they are a major collectible item in Super Mario 3D World.

It may be technically possible, but there's no way they'll actually do it. It would be serious competition to Super Mario Odyssey, and the Captain Toad port destroyed any possibility of a 3D World port. It would be nice to play 3D World on the go, but from a business standpoint, the cons outweigh the pros and they're simply not gonna do it. I mean, a lot of GameCube games were ported to Wii, and Mario Sunshine wasn't one of them. Just be happy with the NSMBU port we're getting. Wii U consoles are dirt cheap anyway, so you're really not losing much if you buy a Wii U for Super Mario 3D World and a couple other games.

And if it does get ported, it doesn't need to carry the "Deluxe" banner. It's already a 10/10 masterpiece as-is. But if they do decide to port it, I'd be perfectly fine if they just added a couple levels and be done with it.

I mean, Galaxy and Galaxy 2 came out on the same console, and didn't 3D Land come out on the same year as Galaxy 2, or was that a year later? Anyway, they were very close releases, but I don't think they competed.

Parakoopa144 said:
I mean, Galaxy and Galaxy 2 came out on the same console, and didn't 3D Land come out on the same year as Galaxy 2, or was that a year later? Anyway, they were very close releases, but I don't think they competed.
Galaxy 2 was the direct sequel to Galaxy 1, made evident by the title. It had the benefit of attracting owners of Galaxy 1, as well as new players. Meanwhile, since Odyssey is the best-selling Switch game, most Switch owners already have Odyssey. And since 3D World does not attract general owners of Odyssey, its primary market would be the minority of Switch owners who don't own Odyssey.

3D Land was released a year after Galaxy 2 for an entirely different console. 3D Land was even on a handheld (one that sold poorly at the time, at that), while Galaxy 2 was on a home console that pretty much everybody owned. 3D Land didn't compete with Galaxy 2 at all.

Hmm, yeah you're right. Though I think that if they advertise it right as like a "Pocket Mario", I don't think it will really butt heads with the Odyssey crowd. I just wanna play SM3DW godammit ;)

Parakoopa144 said:
Hmm, yeah you're right. Though I think that if they advertise it right as like a "Pocket Mario", I don't think it will really butt heads with the Odyssey crowd. I just wanna play SM3DW godammit ;)
I know how you feel. I once owned 3D World, but as I have five siblings it inevitably got scratched up. Now I have to buy a new copy to play it again.

Do you have a friend who owns a Wii U? If so, you could play with them. And if you have the money, you can get a Wii U from GameStop for only $100. But the likelihood of a 3D World port is practically nonexistent. Sorry!

MnSG said:
Pretty much no. Some courses require the player to use the GamePad and/or microphone, with the latter not being supported on the Nintendo Switch.

captain toad had all of those elements as well and still made it to switch, so this isnt really a valid reason for it to not come

YFJ said:
It may be technically possible, but there's no way they'll actually do it. It would be serious competition to Super Mario Odyssey, and the Captain Toad port destroyed any possibility of a 3D World port. It would be nice to play 3D World on the go, but from a business standpoint, the cons outweigh the pros and they're simply not gonna do it. I mean, a lot of GameCube games were ported to Wii, and Mario Sunshine wasn't one of them. Just be happy with the NSMBU port we're getting. Wii U consoles are dirt cheap anyway, so you're really not losing much if you buy a Wii U for Super Mario 3D World and a couple other games.

i dont mean to offend, but i'm not sure how well founded this belief of your is? super mario 3d world isnt going to be 'serious competition' to mario odyssey because a: they both have fundamentally different gameplay styles (one is exploratory, the other is get-to-the-end multiplayer craziness) b: if they did this, it would be next year or later which means its been two years since odyssey released so theres a big enough timeframe that people are hungry for another 3d mario and c: it's got mario on the box, its basically guaranteed to print money regardless of how many other mario games are on the console lol. there's no way that the 'cons outweigh the pros' when its been shown that porting wii u games to switch with minimal additions is an easy way to make back on that initial failed investment

Glowsquid said:
Cheeze said:
Glowsquid said:

You can press a button to do it though.

Anyway, I wish they'd stop making ports. Of course, there's no requirement to buy them. I guess I'm just one of those weirdos who own a Wii U.

i want it but don't think it will happen, specially after the CT port ditched the SM3DW ending and changed it to Odyssey.

Yeah, I want it and I'd expect it soon like around 2019.

As for new playable characters, I'd expect Daisy because they had her in Super Mario Run.

yeah i expect it, but i don't want it

I'd sooner expect Toadette. She's been slowly getting into more and more things.

Including that one thing people seem to be afraid of mentioning for some reason *cough*Peachette*cough*

I guess Mario 3D world would be kinda good to have a port, but I don't know what new features it could get. Captain Toad already got the Odyssey levels.

Luke Atmey said:
MnSG said:
captain toad had all of those elements as well and still made it to switch, so this isnt really a valid reason for it to not come

Still, it's not worth it, because 3D World would have to compete with the much more successful Super Mario Odyssey (which sold as many as 9.07 million copies by the end of 2017). Nintendo would end up hurting itself if it ports a game that will inevitably sell much worse than its Switch-exclusive titles.

...i, uh, literally talked about why i disagree with that line of reasoning in the exact same post that you quoted
i dont care if you disagree with me, but if you're trying to have a cohesive back and forth with someone it helps if you actually read all the stuff they say so nobody has to repeat themselves

Back