Werewolf '73

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
It's game time!

Rules

1. This game will be played in real time, in twenty-four hour increments. Day is the period of time where players vote and send in special power lists. Execution occurs as soon as Day ends, and it is then that whatever player has the majority of the votes on them (if there is one) is executed. Night occurs immediately after execution. Night is the period of time in which evil teams attack players, and it is also when most special powers are activated. The Night phase directly follows the day phase. During the night phase, players use actions restricted to the Night phase only.

2. Day will end at Midnight Eastern unless stated otherwise. Vote and send in messages to me before that time.

3. Every player is expected to vote on a player to execute at the end of that day. Post your votes on the game thread in the following format:

Vote: Player

If you want to undo your vote, post:

Unvote: Player

Once your vote is retracted, you may vote for another person, or you may revote the person you had originally. If you vote for someone else without first retracting your original vote, the second one will not count.

In order for a player to be executed, a majority must be reached. For instance, there are ten players. In order for any one person of those ten to be executed, five or more people must vote for them. Otherwise, majority isn’t reached and an execution doesn’t occur.

Once the time reaches Midnight Eastern, votes are locked and may not be altered in any way. At midnight (or as soon as I can get to a computer), I will post the results for that day along with a themed version.

4. Some players have special powers that are detailed on their role sheet. In order to use a special power, a PM must be sent to me before the end of Day that fulfills the conditions detailed in your role. Also, please specify the name of the special power you are using in the PM. Special powers do not disappear over time unless stated, and do not have a limit of use unless stated.

5. A player may not, under any circumstances, directly quote their role PM in any way. They may tell other players their role and powers if they wish, however directly quoting text from their role PM is not allowed. They may not create fake role PM quotes, either. This also means no directly quoting the host. Players are also not allowed to directly quote any messages (PM, IM or otherwise) they’ve exchanged with other players of the game that pertain to the game.

6. Once a player is dead, they may not reveal any information about the game that was not known publicly before their death. No exceptions. Dead players must also keep their posts in the Lounge thread. Likewise, living players are not allowed to post in the Lounge thread until the end of the game.

7. Players may not impersonate the host or other players in any way. (This is due to the possibility of unfair extortion of information.)

8. When sending in a list, have it in the following format:

1. Player A
2. Player B
3. Player C
4. Player D

9. This game is based on lies and deceit. Please don’t take it personally if someone lies to or tricks you in regards to the game. Remember that it’s all in good fun. In the same way, please be a good sport, and follow the rules.

10. Players are expected to participate in the game. If a player has not shown any activity for a couple of days, I may end up replacing or modkilling them. Inactive players can make the game less fun for everyone.

11. Failure to follow these rules may result in penalties or complete disqualification. Cheating will result in immediate removal from the game and a blacklisting for my future games.

12. Scripts are not meant to really reflect how a person acts normally on the forum, since it's just a story. (And a really lame one, really.) You should look out for clues in what people say; not so much in the style they are written. Furthermore, if someone finds something offensive in the story, bear in mind that it is just a story and does not reflect how people feel towards each other, or how I feel about members. Roles were chosen completely at random, so always keep this in mind. A friend you normally have on the forum may not be your friend in this game; in that same light, that person may just as likely be your friend. It depends on who received what role.

Intro

I had been the county sheriff for quite a long time, but the year that stood out to me the most was 1973. We were in the midst of the '70s,. The Cold War, Vietnam, and the Hippie Movement were all over the news. Though the world was changing, our quiet county still seemed as peaceful as ever, until one day...

It was eight AM, and I heard the door of my office open. Liz, my secretary, came through the door. She was 37 years old at the time. Since then, she's moved to Tennessee and found herself a husband, but back then, she was just a lonely soul.

She said, "Superchao wants to see you."

"Send him in," I replied.

Superchao entered the room, a panicked look on his face. "Ugozima's been killed."

My heart skipped a beat. Ugo, that pain in the ass, was dead! In our quiet little county, there hadn't been a murder in 14 years. I followed Superchao outside to see what all the hubbub was about. There, on the side of the road, was Ugo. There was a rip in the leg of his pants, where there was a bloody gash. The gash was surrounded by grayish fur.

Superchao said, "the general consensus is he was killed by a werewolf."

A few kooks had said a bit about werewolves before, but I thought it was all humbug. Now, though, it seemed likely. It looked like he was mauled, and there were certainly animal tracks around the dusty roadside. It was true. Werewolves were in our humble little county.

That evening, I called the people of Adams, the lone town in the county, together outside the police station for a meeting. "Ladies and gentlemen," I began, "it seems our town has a few unwanted residents...werewolves, to be exact. Now, I've been looking in to a few methods to kill them. After some deliberation, it seems the best way to weed out the werewolves is just for me to kill someone each day. You guys will all get together and vote on who should die, and, at the end of the day, whoever has the most votes against them will be killed."

Panic came across the residents. They all began to claim their innocence, and chaos was beginning to erupt. I spoke again, "Calm down, people. You guys will have 24 hours before anyone dies, so talk amongst yourselves and decide who should be killed. I'll see you all tomorrow."

It is now Day 1.

Players that are alive can not post in the lounge thread.

This phase will end at 1 am Eastern on Tuesday (10 pm Pacific, Monday).

Players:

1. Gamefreak75 (Dark Samus) -- Shot; Night 1; Head Werewolf
2. Marioguy1 (Hurricane) -- Executed; Day 1; Seer
3. Superchao -- Mauled; Night 1; Healer
4. Jesus Freak -- Vigilante
5. Baby Mario Bloops -- Mauled; Night 2; Healer
6. MrConcreteDonkey (Lemmy Koopa) -- Killed; Night 2; Normal Werewolf
7. Villain11 -- Killed; Night 2; Drunk
8. Tucayo -- Executed; Day 4; Communist Assassin
9. Spinymaster347 (Homeless Raccoon) -- Shot; Night 3; Infected Innocent
10. FireBabyLuigi11 (RealMenOfGenius) -- Wealthy Innocent
11. StreetFalcon (Jason) Mario Master1 -- Public Speaker
12. Xzealio -- Mauled; Night 3; Communist Spy
13. Ninji (Mohandar) -- Executed; Day 2; Normal Werewolf
14. Storm Yoshi (Stormz) -- Executed; Day 3; Werewolf Spy
15. Mijzelffan -- Mauled; Night 2; Normal Innocent
16. Turboo -- Shot by Vigilante; Day 4; Head Communist
17. Super Mario Bros. (McDonalds Bros.) -- Shot; Night 2; Doctor

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Just under 24 hours to go. This thread will end 1 hour late because of when I can get online.

Storm Yoshi

Cyclone Microsoft, it'll make your windows crash
Marioguy1 said:
It's a beautiful day :)
How? Ugozima got killed by the Werewolves, that is not a good day, unless you are a werewolf because thats what a werewolf would say. Although this post is nothing but complete fluff since you say that every mafia game. If you don't know what fluff is, it means non-sensical gibberish.

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Stormz said:
Marioguy1 said:
It's a beautiful day :)
How? Ugozima got killed by the Werewolves, that is not a good day, unless you are a werewolf because thats what a werewolf would say. Although this post is nothing but complete fluff since you say that every mafia game. If you don't know what fluff is, it means non-sensical gibberish.
Woah. Just woah.

Devils Advocate

And I still haven't found, what I'm looking for.
Since more than half of those votes aren't even my user name can they not count?

Vote: Superchao, for starting the bandwagon.

Villain11

Katniss <3
Ninji said:
hey guys

let's all lynch the first person's name who is mentioned in a joke vote

makes perfect sense
Well, I did't know who else to vote for. I'm gonna change it to Marioguy1 because he's really sneaky in Mafia games.
Unvote: Xzealio
Vote: Marioguy1

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Just about 6 hours until voting closes.

Those of you that have daytime powers, PM me to use them!

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
I'm sneaky?

I'm honored but I don't know why you wish to kill me, because I'm good? Because I've won every (except one) mafia game I've played (IIRC)? Innocents or mafia that is. I lost the Xephyr game (which I never participated in) and I don't remember St00b's original game...I think I won. So your logic is to kill me because I'm good, ever think that because I'm good the mafia (who know who's on their side) would start a bandwagon because I'm not on their side and they know I could beat them? Honestly, the amount of thought that goes into you people's votes...

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Less than five hours left.

Guys, remember, Day 1 is usually a blind stab in the dark.

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Lithium said:

Which is why you should take out those who can't play or are never active >_>

EDIT: When I die and am innocent, kill Villain11 for starting this thing - he's obviously a mafia trying to get rid of the good players...or just stupid.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
MG, killing someone because they are good is the most logic reason in the world for killing on day 1

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Marioguy1 said:
Lithium said:

Which is why you should take out those who can't play or are never active >_>
That's called modkills, and will be initiated, should they be necessary, starting Night 2.

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Tucayo said:
MG, killing someone because they are good is the most logic reason in the world for killing on day 1
Did I mention somewhere in my long rant about stupid players?

Honestly, if you kill a good player and that player is on your side, you have just lost a valuable asset. If you kill a good player and it is the other way around, werewolves have lost a valuable asset. If you kill a bad player on your side, you lose almost nothing. If you kill a bad player the other way around, werewolves lose a valuable asset. Every werewolf counts on the other side but here, only role and deductive capability matter. So you can be 50% sure that some people are useless. If I say something convicting me, you should kill me. But other than that, you should kill one of the people who cannot add anything to the discussion. For all you know, I could be the head werewolf, killing me would be awesome! Yet I could also be the seer, killing me would be stupid. Same with anyone else. So everyone has an even chance of being good/bad. However if, there's a high percent chance, I am not a wolf, losing me loses a mind. If one of the players who can't play (I hate the word "n00b") is taken out, you lose just another innocent who would just have bandwaggonned along and followed the sheep ahead of it off a cliff. Players who can think for themselves are valuable in these mafia games considering the recent...additions...

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Those are the kind of speeches that make you die.

BTW, if youa re innocent, we will kill VIllian11

Status
Not open for further replies.