Suggestions for Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffleraven497

Black Hole Bomber
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
Stooben's presentaion was fun and great. You're just making him feel bad for something h worked veu hard on. Stooben, don't leave.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Pronouns
He/him
This absolutely sucks ass.

Stooben, you did a great job this year. Now, whether or not there was a more efficient way to present A30 is a moot point.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
MarioWiki
Super Mario Bros.
Stooben don't leave

I loved your game.

Also I'm going to make the Awards Staff board a public, locked child board of this board as soon as I get a "go ahead" from Ralphfan and/or Stooben.

Kazooie

Red-crested Breegull
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
McDonalds Bros. said:
Stooben don't leave

I loved your game.

Also I'm going to make the Awards Staff board a public, locked child board of this board as soon as I get a "go ahead" from Ralphfan and/or Stooben.
You can't really expect him to stay under this conditions.
Everyone who was in contact with him while the Awards Committee was operating saw that he literally worked his ass off to make sure everything runs smoothly. And what does he get for it? The one who did nothing for the awards other than complaining throws a dickish troll comment in his face.

I'll be leaving too. I'm sorry to abandon everyone who attended all of the meetings and worked hard to realize this year's awards. You did great work. But this isn't worth it, and maybe you should reconsider as well.

Xluidi

beep bep boop
Stooben, why did you make that presentation public in the first place?
No one in here deserved that kind of attention, less of all those dicks that were cry babies because you had to download something. There were other Users who did download the presentation and loved it, if those idiots want to whine about the format the game was in, then don't bother about them. Everyone who did play the game is happy about your hard work. You shouldn't be so hard one yourself.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
MarioWiki
Super Mario Bros.
I personally feel that Wayoshi was extremely out of line. Stooben poured a lot of hard work into that award, and as of such, doesn't deserve any of negative feedback he has been getting.

You know Wayo, had you actually been around to check people's presentations, you could have mentioned to Stooben that you felt a game was not suitable. But you weren't. That doesn't give you the right to go about and act like a troll and start insulting his work. It's not his fault he can't predict the future or read everybody's minds.

To expound upon this, I feel you are being incredibly thoughtless and hardheaded when you just waltz in after doing absolutely nothing and start insulting Stooben's game. I personally enjoyed it. He provided a back-up solution as well; who knows if he could have done it in a better way... But keep in mind he is swamped with running his site, moderating the MarioWiki Forum, directing The 'Shroom, and administrating the wiki itself; just to name a few. He also had to do back-up presentations: something you also couldn't help with.

I do not want to give up on the Awards. I back Stooben up in his decision 100%, though; you honestly don't deserve such an excellent person on the team if all you can do is focus on the negative aspects of the site and the Awards.

I'd like to call that you publicly apologize to Stooben Rooben (and to the others that you have mistreated during the course of the Mario Award IV staff meetings and the ceremonies) and that you step down from your position as the Director of the Super Mario Wiki Awards Committee and appoint somebody who can actually manage the ceremonies and the meetings and be involved in the process.

We thank you for your work with the first, second, and third Mario Awards; you did a swell job on them. But you dropped the ball on the fourth ceremony; you had everybody else do the work and tried to exert your influence and power after we made decisions and made progress to insert your own agenda. One example clearly being one of the meeting topics, where you mention that you are going to resolve some issues you have with our decisions; yet in the actual meeting, you tried to do everything you could to undo the progress of the last meeting just because you didn't agree with our decisions.

That is a clear example showing why we need somebody who is actually present in the community. We need somebody who won't be as negative as you, and somebody who can bring the Awards back into a positive light.

Kazooie

Red-crested Breegull
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Well said, SMB. I absolutely agree with you.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Pronouns
He/him
McDonalds Bros. said:
I personally feel that Wayoshi was extremely out of line. Stooben poured a lot of hard work into that award, and as of such, doesn't deserve any of negative feedback he has been getting.
Per. Also, Groden and Uniju need to learn to keep their fat mouths shut.

McDonalds Bros. said:
You know Wayo, had you actually been around to check people's presentations, you could have mentioned to Stooben that you felt a game was not suitable. But you weren't. That doesn't give you the right to go about and act like a troll and start insulting his work. It's not his fault he can't predict the future or read everybody's minds.
I got barely any help from Wayo. All he did was give me the GoogleDocs password and show me and Stoob how to upload images. The presenters would have had trouble getting their results had I not saved the results he sent me last year.

McDonalds Bros. said:
To expound upon this, I feel you are being incredibly thoughtless and hardheaded when you just waltz in after doing absolutely nothing and start insulting Stooben's game. I personally enjoyed it. He provided a back-up solution as well; who knows if he could have done it in a better way... But keep in mind he is swamped with running his site, moderating the MarioWiki Forum, directing The 'Shroom, and administrating the wiki itself; just to name a few. He also had to do back-up presentations: something you also couldn't help with.
My feelings exactly.

McDonalds Bros. said:
I do not want to give up on the Awards. I back Stooben up in his decision 100%, though; you honestly don't deserve such an excellent person on the team if all you can do is focus on the negative aspects of the site and the Awards.
While I understand Stooben's decision, I feel he shouldn't just depart like this, letting the trolls (and Wayo, who isn't a troll) know they've beaten him.

McDonalds Bros. said:
I'd like to call that you publicly apologize to Stooben Rooben (and to the others that you have mistreated during the course of the Mario Award IV staff meetings and the ceremonies) and that you step down from your position as the Director of the Super Mario Wiki Awards Committee and appoint somebody who can actually manage the ceremonies and the meetings and be involved in the process.
I dunno who else Wayo mistreated, for say, but lack of help was certainly apparent.

McDonalds Bros. said:
We thank you for your work with the first, second, and third Mario Awards; you did a swell job on them. But you dropped the ball on the fourth ceremony; you had everybody else do the work and tried to exert your influence and power after we made decisions and made progress to insert your own agenda. One example clearly being one of the meeting topics, where you mention that you are going to resolve some issues you have with our decisions; yet in the actual meeting, you tried to do everything you could to undo the progress of the last meeting just because you didn't agree with our decisions.
Wayo has told me he had actually been forgetting about meetings. After doing this for three years, it should be close to a routine for him. His first time on chat after he missed a meeting where we decided to move Toad from major to minor, as well as create a Favorite Baby award and removing babies from A12, he came on chat and screamed at me because of the decisions made. He wasn't even there to voice his opinions. (Eventually, we came up with Favorite Move and re-added babies to A12. Toad stayed in A12.)

McDonalds Bros. said:
That is a clear example showing why we need somebody who is actually present in the community. We need somebody who won't be as negative as you, and somebody who can bring the Awards back into a positive light.
Should Stooben stick with his decision, this is the perfect description of the person I will ask to take the position of sub-director (rather than co-director). There is just one person (other than Stooben) who fits this requirement. Only a couple people know who this person is. I am about to notify the person in question myself.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
MarioWiki
Super Mario Bros.
Okay, so...

I've made the 2010 Awards board public and I made it read-only. I also took away the Mod rights of everybody that had them in this board except for Ralph, who will probably have it until the boards are archived.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Pronouns
He/him
You will find everything out in due course.

As for the other AC members: Please let me know if you are interested on being on next year's committee.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Pronouns
He/him
1) That will be revealed if Stooben sticks with his message.
2) Possibly. One of the most important things would be appearing in the chatroom from 7-9 pm on Fridays. In April and May.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Pronouns
He/him
OK. It's only in April and May. We should have somewhere from 6-8 meetings.

And tips for hiding it:

1) Always keep another window open, even if it makes your comp go slower, so that you can switch to something should she walk in.
2) Keep another tab open on your browser so if she looks to see what you have open on the bottom of the screen, it says something like MLB.com.
3) If you step away from the comp but want to leave things open, open enough new tabs that you have to scroll through the list of tabs to see the MW ones.

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
O_O

I leave for three days, come back and there's a coalition and you guys start up a revolution and a coalition? I miss all the excitement :(

But IDK if the AC committee will be the same without St00b...he was one of the best members at meetings, I remember practically every meeting he wasn't there when we were getting next to nothing done and begging him to arrive...*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.